Windows 10: I upgraded my computer [I changed my motherboard also] and I can't activate my window by...

Discus and support I upgraded my computer [I changed my motherboard also] and I can't activate my window by... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just upgraded my computer two days ago. after I read the articles from windowsreport.com they said it maybe because of the change of hardwares so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JesseWayne Mcquiz, Nov 19, 2018.

1. I upgraded my computer [I changed my motherboard also] and I can't activate my window by...

I just upgraded my computer two days ago.

after I read the articles from windowsreport.com they said it maybe

because of the change of hardwares so is there anyways to fix this?

or should I just contract a person?[English is not my main language so it's very hard to speak in persons.]

I upgraded my computer [I changed my motherboard also] and I can't activate my window by... f9500c79-61b3-460e-bd68-40464843d7fe?upload=true.png

:)

JesseWayne Mcquiz, Nov 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, Nov 19, 2018
  4. bgailey13 Win User

I upgraded my computer [I changed my motherboard also] and I can't activate my window by...

Windows 10 activation after motherboard upgrade

I have upgraded (changed) my motherboard. My windows digital license was linked to my Microsoft account prior to the change. When I use these steps that should be valid it doesn't activate and gives me a wonderful...helpful...message. Also when I log onto
    my Microsoft account I can see 2 computers...1 with my old motherboard and 1 with my new motherboard.

Steps to activate after hardware change that I have read about:

-Go to settings

-Go to activation

-Go to troubleshoot

-Click "I changed hardware on this device recently"

-Find my device and click the box "This is the device I'm using right now" then click activate

At this point I get the great Microsoft message stating "Unable to activate Windows, We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." Well I have "tried again later" for a few days and no luck.

bgailey13, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

I upgraded my computer [I changed my motherboard also] and I can't activate my window by...

1. I upgraded my computer [I changed my motherboard also] and I can't activate my window by... - Similar Threads - upgraded computer changed

2. I lost my activation after changing my motherboard and CPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my activation after changing my motherboard and CPU.: A few days ago, my PC stopped working so I had to change the motherboard and CPU. After the change, I realized that my PC was no longer active. I checked my MS account and saw that it detached 3 devices from my account. One is my other PC, the new motherboard, and the other...
  3. I lost my activation after changing my motherboard and CPU.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my activation after changing my motherboard and CPU.: A few days ago, my PC stopped working so I had to change the motherboard and CPU. After the change, I realized that my PC was no longer active. I checked my MS account and saw that it detached 3 devices from my account. One is my other PC, the new motherboard, and the other...
  4. I changed my motherboard and now I can't activate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I changed my motherboard and now I can't activate Windows 10: I changed motherboards due to a problem with the original board but now my Windows 10 that was installed previous to the change is not activated. How can I get it activated. Windows 10 was stalled on this machine before the change. In fact it has been installed on this...
  5. I can't activate my windows after changing motherboard

I can't activate my windows after changing motherboard: I haven't been able to activate windows in my pc. Even when I entered the product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-my-windows-after-changing/26c9fbaf-ac02-4d2a-ac85-e9c3c2f93e5b
  6. I can't reactivate my windows after i changed the motherboard

I can't reactivate my windows after i changed the motherboard: I bought windows 10 from store in December 2 2015, couple of years after my motherboard was broken, and I changed it, now I can't activate windows. [ATTACH] Tried to contact support and I got no help, the latest person I talked to was keep telling me to buy a new license,...
  7. I can't activate my windows 10 after changing my motherboard

I can't activate my windows 10 after changing my motherboard: I am in a bit of a tricky situation where i can't activate my windows after changing the hardware of my computer error code : 0x8007232B we can't connect your organization's activation server ... error code from"slmgr.vbs /ato" : 0x800705B4 this operation returned because...
  8. Windows not activating after I upgraded my motherboard and processor

Windows not activating after I upgraded my motherboard and processor: I've just upgraded my motherboard and processor and windows will not activate. I'm guessing it appears to be a whole new device maybe? If so, is there any way I can deactivate it on the old device and activate it on the new one?...
  9. Motherboard changed, i can't activate my windown 10 pro

Motherboard changed, i can't activate my windown 10 pro: After having several problems on my PC, I decided to changed my motherboard. It's not a new one but a 2nd hand or even 3rd hand. I have no idea. Obviously that motherboard has its own product key which I don't know where it's from. And now, I can't activate it with my...
  10. Windows 10 will not activate after I changed my motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not activate after I changed my motherboard: Hello, I have changed my motherboard and cpu, and now I have to activate Windows. My original Windows 7 key is long gone and the troubleshooting option is not working (error 0x803F7001) and when I select the "I have changed hardware on this device recently" option, I select...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ive upgraded my motherboard and cant activate windows

2. ive upgarded my computer can i activate windows