Windows 10: I upgraded my old nvme ssd to a new larger one and cloned it, though the speed is a lot...

Discus and support I upgraded my old nvme ssd to a new larger one and cloned it, though the speed is a lot... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey there, I used macrium reflect to clone my old nvme ssd to my new nvme ssd, though the problem is that the boot time is rather slow compared to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Seroy, Mar 5, 2020.

1. /u/Seroy Win User

I upgraded my old nvme ssd to a new larger one and cloned it, though the speed is a lot...

Hey there,

I used macrium reflect to clone my old nvme ssd to my new nvme ssd, though the problem is that the boot time is rather slow compared to the original one even though the newer one is on par or even faster (specs wise, the upgrade is from a 960 Evo 250gb to a 1tb 970 Evo Plus). With slow I mean that it takes comparably long, with the old nvme drive you only saw like half a circle spin and it loaded, with the new one the loading circle spins 4-5 times around and after entering the password it also loads for a few seconds (I never really saw the one after the password when using the old drive).

I know cloning is shit but it's also shit to reinstall all the stuff I installed and use over the years :S

I already tried deleting the pagefile (there is non so I'm not sure if I was able to delete it), I also did sfc scannow and "optimized" the ssd.

Also is it normal that that the evo 970 plus "only" has a 4k random write speed of 150mb/s ? most reviews have often double that speed.

submitted by /u/Seroy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Seroy, Mar 5, 2020

2. Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card.

Where do I put the new SSD during the NVMe to NVMe cloning process? My mobo only has one M.2 slot for NVMe SSD's so do I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2 cards? If so, do you have a recommendation?

If you have solved this issue for your desktop or laptop I would like your advice on if and what extra hardware you needed during the cloning.

please remember that I am dealing with PCIe NVMe drives ONLY. NO Sata is involved except possibly for a connecting cable from the desktop to an adapter. I am experienced with cloning SATA III drives but cloning NVMe is a little
    new to me.

Computer: Dell XPS 8920, 32GB ram.

Present SSD: KXG50ZNV512G NVMe Toshiba 512GB

New SSD: CT13049074 Crucial P1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 1TB (or 2TB if available soon) or similar storage device.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1809.

Cbarnhorst, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Unable to Boot to Windows 10 after Cloning old SSD to new SSD

Hi,

I'm not using the SATA ports. I'm using M.2 with the SSD, and the external SSD is connected to my PC using USB. My MB only has only one M.2 socket, so I can only plug in one SSD at a time. (I bought a wrong adapter that doesn't work with NVMe) So I cloned
    my old SSD to an external SSD (Samsung M3 Portable SSD), and then swapped the old one, cloned the external SSD to my new SSD.

I tried AOMEI too, but the free version does not come with disk clone functions. I would probably try Macrium Reflect as suggested above. Thank you!

allenyao09, Mar 5, 2020
  4. I upgraded my old nvme ssd to a new larger one and cloned it, though the speed is a lot...

Is it recommended to clone Win10 19H1 OS from a pyrite supported NVMe SSD to an IEEE On NVMe SSD?

We are seeing failures while cloning OS from Pyrite supported NVMe SSD to IEEE ON supported NVMe SSD. WOuld like to understand the implication of doing this from the Windows front.

Jinto Andrews (jintoa), Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

I upgraded my old nvme ssd to a new larger one and cloned it, though the speed is a lot...

1. I upgraded my old nvme ssd to a new larger one and cloned it, though the speed is a lot... - Similar Threads - upgraded old nvme

2. I cloned my NVME ssd to a larger one and I cant get windows 11 to operate properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cloned my NVME ssd to a larger one and I cant get windows 11 to operate properly.: I cloned my NVME ssd to a larger one and I cant get windows to operate properly. when I try device manager I get the error "The external backing provider is not recognized". I even tried OS migration instead of the regular clone and still get the error....
  3. I cloned my NVME ssd to a larger one and I cant get windows 11 to operate properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cloned my NVME ssd to a larger one and I cant get windows 11 to operate properly.: I cloned my NVME ssd to a larger one and I cant get windows to operate properly. when I try device manager I get the error "The external backing provider is not recognized". I even tried OS migration instead of the regular clone and still get the error....
  4. Upgraded to an NVME drive, cloned my old boot SSD to the new drive, now my Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to an NVME drive, cloned my old boot SSD to the new drive, now my Windows...: I did a full PC upgrade last night, mobo, CPU, RAM, GPU, PSU etc. One of the things I upgraded was my boot drive, from a regular SSD to an NVME drive. I used the Macrium Reflect software to clone the SSD with my legitimate, purchased copy of Windows 10 Home to the new drive,...
  5. Upgraded to an NVME drive, cloned my old boot SSD to the new drive, now my Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded to an NVME drive, cloned my old boot SSD to the new drive, now my Windows...: I did a full PC upgrade last night, mobo, CPU, RAM, GPU, PSU etc. One of the things I upgraded was my boot drive, from a regular SSD to an NVME drive. I used the Macrium Reflect software to clone the SSD with my legitimate, purchased copy of Windows 10 Home to the new drive,...
  6. Upgraded to an NVME drive, cloned my old boot SSD to the new drive, now my Windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cloned old NVME ssd to new NVME ssd, new ssd won't boot windows. Get stop code inaccessible...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cloned old NVME ssd to new NVME ssd, new ssd won't boot windows. Get stop code inaccessible...: So, I cloned my old nvme SSD to my new one. I only had one slot and the old drive was only about 120 gb with the new one being about 1tb. Everything cloned over fine, the OS, etc. It's just it keeps trying to locate the old drive C instead of the new one E. Disk 2 is the old...
  8. upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and keep my Windows

upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and keep my Windows: Hi. I just got the "Samsung 970 evo" NVMe and I want to replace it with the old one that has my Windows on it I know there is a way with adapter and cable but I don't have that, so is there a way that I can keep my Windows ? -I don't mind to lose my files -Is it possible...
  9. upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and kkep my Windows

upgrade old NVMe ssd to new NVMe ssd and kkep my Windows: Hi. I just got the "Samsung 970 evo" NVMe and I want to replace it with the old one that has my Windows on it I know there is a way with adapter and cable but I don't have that, so is there a way that I can keep my Windows ? -I don't mind to lose my files -Is it possible...
  10. Cloning old system drive on sata SSD to a nvme SSD on a new rig.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning old system drive on sata SSD to a nvme SSD on a new rig.: Long story short, I need to clone the content of my old machine's sata SSD into my new machine's nvme SSD so I can continue using my current installation without losing my software, settings, personal files etc. I have a clone of my drive on another SSD at the moment for...