Windows 10: i upgraded to SSD and now windows wont activate

Discus and support i upgraded to SSD and now windows wont activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good day I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T540p, it came with Windows7, but was upgraded a long time ago to Windows 10, yesterday I upgraded to an SSD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SA_Jay, Sep 3, 2019.

1. SA_Jay Win User

i upgraded to SSD and now windows wont activate

Good day

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T540p, it came with Windows7, but was upgraded a long time ago to Windows 10, yesterday I upgraded to an SSD and now it will not reactivate my Windows, any advice is appreciated

oh and additionally the call back feature wont accept my phone #

regards Jay

:)

SA_Jay, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Blayke Win User

Windows 10 Wont Activate after upgrade

I had used the mediacreationtool to upgrade my pc. Will waiting 24 hours still work with it?

Blayke, Sep 3, 2019
  3. SSD drive upgrade activation problem.

Hello Guys, I have a little problem with this automatic activation thing after adding a new SSD card to My Desktop, on which I installed a fresh version of Windows 10 . So I do have a couple of questions. But before going to the questions I wanted to phrase
    step by step what I did, so you have a good feel of what is going on here.

The first thing to know is that before the lunch of Windows 10 I had a laptop and a desktop running windows 7. and as soon as Windows 10 came out I upgraded both of them with no problems. After the upgrade were successful I decided to install a fresh version
    of Windows 10 on each, which worked flawlessly with no issues on activation. I'm logged in both of my devices with the same Microsoft account.

Then I decided to upgrade my laptop with a new SSD Drive, on which I installed a fresh version of Windows 10 and had no problems.

After that I decided to do the same for my desktop, and I upgraded it with a new SSD drive, which I just added, I didn't remove any of my old drives. I decided to install a fresh version of Windows 10 on that SSD . I was happily using my desktop when I saw
    a message on the down right corner of my display saying That I needed to activate Windows. So I opened to activation window found in Settings and I saw a heart breaking message in red letters saying "We can't activate Windows 10 on this device because you
    don't have a valid digital license or product key. Go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. Error Code: 0x803f7001"

I went through the "Troubleshoot" screen which seamed to be looking for Activation problems, but I came with the same kind of message saying that the only way to activate windows is by going to the store and purchase the software.

Below that screen I saw a link saying "I change hardware on this device recently", I though this is going to solve my problem! But I got the same kind of massage, no possible to activate Windows. I saw the link See
    other devices linked to your Microsoft account
    and I click on that and I can only see my laptop listed. So I decided to try and see if I can logging my Microsoft account on a browser, Which I kind of knew was there but I had never logged in for any reason,
    so I didn't know what to expect. and There I found not two, but three devices listed! One of them my laptop, and two desktops with different names, but the same Mother Board model. I checked and confirmed that one of them was in fact the one whit the SSD card
    that I was using and having problems with, so I decided to boot with the old hard drive and see the computer name, and in fact is the other one listed.

I know for sure that the Windows 10 on the old hard drive is activated, because I always kept it updated and had not a single sing that wasn't.

My questions are:

Do I have to wait longer to get it activate?

Why on the windows settings I see only my laptop listed (this is on the desktop settings) and not the other two devices that are listed in my Microsoft account?

Please help me guys! I got couple of more computers from family that I maintain and I order a couple of SSD for upgrading them too. I don't want to have any issues with those.

JuanDechia, Sep 3, 2019
  4. i upgraded to SSD and now windows wont activate

Windows 10 Wont Activate after upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

“Due to high demand for Windows 10 globally, few of us may experience a temporary delay in activation. For Activation Errors
    “0xC004C003 or 0Xc004F050” request you to wait for 24 hours and Windows 10 should activate automatically without any issue on your machine.”

As a work around I suggest you follow the below steps to activate a couple of activation issues.

• Push the start button

• Type Settings

• Navigate to Update and Security

• Click on Activation
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

i upgraded to SSD and now windows wont activate

1. i upgraded to SSD and now windows wont activate - Similar Threads - upgraded SSD wont

2. Upgraded to Windows 11 and now printer wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to Windows 11 and now printer wont work: I upgraded to Windows 11 and now my Samsung multi-function color laser printer won't work!! I tried to update my printer drivers but it only has update for Windows 10. Does this mean that my printer is not compatible with Windows 11?What can I do? I've got 2 of these printers...
  3. Upgraded to Windows 11 and now printer wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded to Windows 11 and now printer wont work: I upgraded to Windows 11 and now my Samsung multi-function color laser printer won't work!! I tried to update my printer drivers but it only has update for Windows 10. Does this mean that my printer is not compatible with Windows 11?What can I do? I've got 2 of these printers...
  4. I Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, Now It Won't Activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, Now It Won't Activate: Hello, Today I've upgraded my pre-installed Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. Now I can't activate it, the Activation Settings show error code 0xC004C003: we can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital licence or product key......
  5. I replaced my HDD with an SSD and now windows won't activate

I replaced my HDD with an SSD and now windows won't activate: I recently bought an ssd for my desktop PC as my old hdd was getting a bit slow and full. I plan on keeping the old hdd for extra storage. I installed the ssd and installed a fresh version of windows 10 on the ssd. I have a windows 10 pro license or enterprise, I'm not sure...
  6. i have upgrade to windows 10 now it is not activated

i have upgrade to windows 10 now it is not activated: Dear Sir / Madam, Herewith we are informing you that I have two all in one Lenovo pc with licence version one is activated another is not activated I have upgrade to windows 10 but is not activated what is reason is not activated...
  7. Motherboard Upgraded: Windows wont activate.

Motherboard Upgraded: Windows wont activate.: Upgraded to an ASUS Gaming Edge Z390, got these messages. It's a retail license, as the last screenshot shows. I've already made a thread for this, but the helpers stopped responding because I took so long.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. I upgraded hardware and now windows needs to be activated

I upgraded hardware and now windows needs to be activated: I upgraded my motherboard, it was a z170 motherboard, and I wanted a more modern one. But now after putting the new one In I have the issue of windows needed to be activated. I really don't know what to do about it....
  9. Changed HDD for SSD now windows not activated

Changed HDD for SSD now windows not activated: Hello, I just cloned my HDD to an SSD, and now Windows is no longer activated. The troubleshooter doesn't fix the problem. The process returns the code 0x004f034 The Microsoft Account method does not work The chat bot doesn't come up with anything helpful I don't...
  10. Replaced SSD and Now Windows 10 is no longer activated.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replaced SSD and Now Windows 10 is no longer activated.: My PC was upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 with free upgrade in late 2015. Today I replaced a 250 GB SSD with a 500 GB SSD by cloning and now Windows is no longer activated. I have the original Product Key from Windows 7. I get this error when I try to activate...