Windows 10: I upgraded to the new version of Windows 10 and my computer is destroyed now.

Discus and support I upgraded to the new version of Windows 10 and my computer is destroyed now. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All the backgrounds i had are gone. This is my computer, I'm the administrator. I have another family member as a secondary Administrator. All my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EOWYNITHLIEN, Feb 25, 2020.

1. I upgraded to the new version of Windows 10 and my computer is destroyed now.

All the backgrounds i had are gone. This is my computer, I'm the administrator. I have another family member as a secondary Administrator. All my files, photos, documents, etc are on her profile. I have her info on my profile. All the tiles i had on my desktop are shoved to the left side of the screen. All my personal files are jumbled in folders i found once then they disappeared. I tried to do a restore to a different version and i was told in a pop up that i need to remove new accounts, that i created a new account after the last update and it needs to be completely removed. I have not created a new account on the computer. I don't know what happened. I tried to a system restore and had the pc set to set a restore point at every new install or update. The only restore point available was after the new version was completely installed. What do i do? Help please, I just can't take this right now.

:)

EOWYNITHLIEN, Feb 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 25, 2020
  4. I upgraded to the new version of Windows 10 and my computer is destroyed now.

Windows 10 upgrade has destroyed my computer!!!!

windows 10 upgrade has destroyed my computer. Slow, disconnects, email, browsers unusable. Tried everything now down to buying a new computer. Will win 10 on a new computer be any better?

LaddieMills, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

I upgraded to the new version of Windows 10 and my computer is destroyed now.

1. I upgraded to the new version of Windows 10 and my computer is destroyed now. - Similar Threads - upgraded version computer

2. Transfer Windows License To A New Computer That was Destroyed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows License To A New Computer That was Destroyed: My computer was destroyed during a fire. I'm currently building a new one. How do I transfer the old Windows license to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-license-to-a-new-computer-that/0ed7800c-d2ae-4d0e-a080-729d40b016cc
  3. Transfer Windows License To A New Computer That was Destroyed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows License To A New Computer That was Destroyed: My computer was destroyed during a fire. I'm currently building a new one. How do I transfer the old Windows license to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-license-to-a-new-computer-that/0ed7800c-d2ae-4d0e-a080-729d40b016cc
  4. The upgrade to version 2004 destroyed all Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The upgrade to version 2004 destroyed all Sound: I have tried all the suggestions i could find with no success. I obtained a Dell Optiplex 990 and had a clean installation of Version 1909, Build 18363.1082 installed. Still no sound. I originally had Realtek Drivers installed. I deleted the installed Realtek drivers and...
  5. The upgrade to version 2004 destroyed all Sound

in Windows 10 Support
    The upgrade to version 2004 destroyed all Sound: I have tried all the suggestions i could find with no success. I obtained a Dell Optiplex 990 and had a clean installation of Version 1909, Build 18363.1082 installed. Still no sound. I originally had Realtek Drivers installed. I deleted the installed Realtek drivers and...
  6. Windows 10 is destroying computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is destroying computers: Ever since updating to Windows 10 version 1903 my laptops are starting without user interaction at 3 AM. All power settings to wake up the systems are disabled, but the problem is caused by the Universal Orchestrator Start Task Scheduler. You can disable this with PSTools and...
  7. windows 10 - the computer destroyer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 - the computer destroyer: windows 10 does not work at all. I can prove this more than anyone can prove it does work. I can prove windows 10 is the slowest OS possible. I can also prove that there is no efficiently or productively. It has nothing to do with the install, again I can prove this....
  8. Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer: After not updating for a long time- continuously turning off automatic updates, etc- my computer woke itself up from sleep mode and forced an update out of the blue. After this update, my computer can't stay on for more than 5 minutes without getting the blue screen saying...
  9. Upgrade Destroyed my Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Destroyed my Laptop: About a fortnight ago, there were upgrades waiting to be installed. I was about to close my laptop and it said that it would do the upgrades then shut down, so I left it and went to bed. The laptop was off next morning but I didn't use it. My son (IT Programmer) came home...
  10. Windows 10 Free Upgrade DESTROYED my brand new Notebook PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Free Upgrade DESTROYED my brand new Notebook PC: Last Friday, I received my alert about my Notebook PC (previously running Windows 8.1, that I just purchased in November and had yet to actually use much because it was bought to be a school-PC for me to use for college) was ready to upgrade for free to Windows 10. I followed...