Windows 10: I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no...

Discus and support I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no longer have that license key. Is there a way to look it up in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kyle MacPPherson, Nov 29, 2021.

1. I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no...

I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no longer have that license key. Is there a way to look it up in Windows 10?

:)

Kyle MacPPherson, Nov 29, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 29, 2021
  4. luke t Win User

I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no...

Windows 7 upgrade to 10 error 0x8007001F - 0x3000D

Before I give a final update on this case, I want to thank everybody who gave suggestions. It's kind of hard to believe that a forum that gives free, tailored, well-informed advice to strangers exists on the internet. Thank you all very, very much.

Here are the steps that I took on my successful upgrade attempt. I don't know which of these steps is necessary or sufficient to complete the upgrade, but in case they prove useful to anyone else:

1. I edited the registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\ProfilesDirectory. It was set to a directory on my E: drive (Windows 7 was installed on my C: drive). I set it to "C:\Users".
    2. I created a new user with administrator permissions. That user's User directory appeared on my C: drive.
    3. I logged out of all accounts other than the new one, and attempted the upgrade. All hard drives, including the E: drive, remained connected.
    4. I unplugged my network cable after the Windows 10 download to skip the 'looking for upgrades' phase.
    5. (I did not delete windows.old or windows~BT before attempting this.)

If it would be useful for anyone to see any files from my successful upgrade, I'll be happy to share them--just let me know.

luke t, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no...

1. I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no... - Similar Threads - upgraded widows free

2. I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no...: I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no longer have that license key. Is there a way to look it up in Windows 10?...
  3. I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no...: I upgraded to widows 10 with the free windows 7 upgrade. I then bought a new case so I no longer have that license key. Is there a way to look it up in Windows 10?...
  4. so i upgraded to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    so i upgraded to windows 10: fucking annoying popups everywhere, why do i keep getting popups i need to renew my anti virus license this pc is brandnew, mcafee, norton total av all sending me popups every 5 seconds. how do i turn this shit off, submitted by /u/Normandy_sr3 [link] [comments]...
  5. Can I upgrade Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I upgrade Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10 for free?: In our office there are several Windows 7 computers that have Office 365 installed. We need to upgrade them to Windows 10. Can I upgrade them for free, considering that Office 365 is installed on them?...
  6. Upgrading from Widows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgrading from Widows 7 to Windows 10: Hi there, and thank you in advance for any help you may give me :-)) I have just upgraded my home network from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything is fine except that I am being asked for my "Network Credentials" when I try to access data from one computer on another. I...
  7. Can i upgrade to windows 10 for free if i have a windows 7 key

Can i upgrade to windows 10 for free if i have a windows 7 key: So i use windows 7 and i am planning to switch to windows 10, however i don't have a key for it. but i heard people say that if you have a windows 7, 8, 8.1 installed in your computer you can get windows 10 for free. is this true? if its true, will i get a windows 10 pro...
  8. I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 FOR FREE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 FOR FREE: I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 FOR FREE. SCREEN BROKE ON MY LAPTOP SO I PLACED MY HARD DRIVE IN AN IDENTICAL LAPTOP. NOW WINDOWS IS NOT ACTIVATED. ANY WAY TO FIX THIS OR DO I HAVE DO BUY IT NOW?...
  9. how do i upgrade from window 7 to 10 for free?

how do i upgrade from window 7 to 10 for free?: how do i up great from window 7 to 10 for free??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to/ee766320-347d-46e3-b254-f8b7d1d5874a
  10. So free upgrade = new office upgrades as well?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    So free upgrade = new office upgrades as well?: If I upgrade to windows 10 for free will I also get the newer versions of Microsoft office word, excel, etc? Also can I roll back from an upgrade? And what risks are there I might lose my data, programs and stuff? 9914