Windows 10: I upgraded to Win11 and can't revert, my licence was originally for Win10, can I reinstall...

Discus and support I upgraded to Win11 and can't revert, my licence was originally for Win10, can I reinstall... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If I had Windows 10 and I updated it to Windows 11, then I want to reinstall Windows 10 on another SSD so that I can both change to a new SSD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alasundru, May 21, 2022.

1. Alasundru Win User

I upgraded to Win11 and can't revert, my licence was originally for Win10, can I reinstall...

If I had Windows 10 and I updated it to Windows 11, then I want to reinstall Windows 10 on another SSD so that I can both change to a new SSD and remove Windows 11 as I am having issues with it can I use the same licence?Long story short I have had numerous issues since upgrading to Windows 11 specifically with my CPU fan all of a sudden speeding up, computer restarting, desktop freezing for 2-5 seconds at a time often — all for no apparent reason. NONE of these issues existed prior to upgrading to W11 and I have no hardware or software changes, no discernable issues with the SSD itself, loo

:)

Alasundru, May 21, 2022

2. Upgrade licence key to WIN10 online

Hi,

I installed WIN10 Pro Preview a couple of month ago to my step father computer. The Preview is getting to expiration and I try to make him upgrade to WIN10 (hard thing cause I'm not living in the same country as him).

The thing is, when he try to install WIN10 with the installer tool and try to enter the licence under his computer which is initially for WIN7 it doesn't work.

So I guess the best thing would be to install WIN7 back and upgrade but sounds not like the simpliest thing.

Is there a way to upgrade the licence key online ? Or can we call the support for software to ask them to upgrade the key ?

ThiebaNono, May 21, 2022
  3. kps-uk Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10 without a licence key

Hi,

I have a 10 year old laptop which originally was running Windows Vista. Due to the manufacturer date of the laptop, I was entitled to the free upgrade to Windows 7, which I kept until the roll-out of the Windows 10 upgrade. When my laptop upgraded to Windows
    10, I did not pay for the upgrade and did not receive a licence key.

1. If I go to the Windows 10 download tool and select install with the 'keep Nothing during the upgrade' option, will I require a licence key?
    2. Can I build the laptop from scratch if it was originally a Visa machine or will I need to step from Vista to 8.1 to 10?
    Regards

Keith

kps-uk, May 21, 2022
  4. I upgraded to Win11 and can't revert, my licence was originally for Win10, can I reinstall...

Win10 licence transfer

I have a retail licence for win10 Pro on an old machine (that is obsolete and no longer used) and I would like a clear step by step guide as to how I can transfer this to a new machine that is currently running win10 home. I've tried upgrading with a win8.1
    retail key but that did not work. Contacting the local Microsoft helpline did not help either as apparently "this is no longer possible" despite the fact it is in the EULA.

Anyone know how to do this?

EscargotBrit, May 21, 2022
Thema:

I upgraded to Win11 and can't revert, my licence was originally for Win10, can I reinstall...

1. I upgraded to Win11 and can't revert, my licence was originally for Win10, can I reinstall... - Similar Threads - upgraded Win11 can't

2. How can I revert to my original windows license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I revert to my original windows license?: I have accidently changed my product key and now I want to revert back to my original license. It is not accepting my orginal product key.My computer came with Windows 10 installed. is there any solution other than clean reinstall? or I can just factory reset it?Please help...
  3. Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?: Hello all,I have an old laptop and, according to the sticker on the bottom, it came pre-installed with Windows 7 Pro it also has a security key printed on it.The laptop was downgraded to Windows XP to enable it to run old software which, at the time, wasn't Windows 7...
  4. Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?: Hello all,I have an old laptop and, according to the sticker on the bottom, it came pre-installed with Windows 7 Pro it also has a security key printed on it.The laptop was downgraded to Windows XP to enable it to run old software which, at the time, wasn't Windows 7...
  5. Win11 misery. Can I downgrade to win10?

Win11 misery. Can I downgrade to win10?: Since a few weeks I have a new laptop with win 11 and it's giving me so many problems with various programs. Everytime that tried to install some programs like comodo firewall, revo pro or graphic programs all legit the system became very slow. Unistall programs became nearly...
  6. Can I upgrade to Win11, if I buy a product key for Win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I upgrade to Win11, if I buy a product key for Win10?: Recently bought a PC, and I booted it up with Win10. I'm planning on buying a product key for Win10, just because I'm used to it, and don't want to change just yet. So my question is if I will still be able to use that feature to get a free upgrade to Win11, if I wanted to...
  7. I upgraded to Win11 and can't revert, my licence was originally for Win10, can I reinstall...

I upgraded to Win11 and can't revert, my licence was originally for Win10, can I reinstall...: If I had Windows 10 and I updated it to Windows 11, then I want to reinstall Windows 10 on another SSD so that I can both change to a new SSD and remove Windows 11 as I am having issues with it can I use the same licence?Long story short I have had numerous issues since...
  8. Win10 - Win11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 - Win11 upgrade: According to found published info, this computer meets the requirements for Win11. But when I run PC Health Check, it says my processor is not supported. I need to find out why, and if this computer will support a compatible processor. Any help here?...
  9. Win10 - Win11 upgrade

Win10 - Win11 upgrade: According to found published info, this computer meets the requirements for Win11. But when I run PC Health Check, it says my processor is not supported. I need to find out why, and if this computer will support a compatible processor. Any help here?...
  10. Win10 - Win11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade