Windows 10: I upgraded to windows 10.Now dvd drive won't work -code 19.

Discus and support I upgraded to windows 10.Now dvd drive won't work -code 19. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my dvd drive won't work anymore after I upgraded-code 19.how do you fix this? dvd drive shows up in device manager with a yellow icon .it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wenconn, Sep 25, 2018.

1. wenconn Win User

I upgraded to windows 10.Now dvd drive won't work -code 19.

my dvd drive won't work anymore after I upgraded-code 19.how do you fix this? dvd drive shows up in device manager with a yellow icon .it doesn't show up in devices and drives

:)

wenconn, Sep 25, 2018

2. DVD drive not working - Code 19

After Windows 10 upgrade my computer worked well. However a recent update on 16.11.15 and my dvd drive is no longer working - Code 19. I have tried all the online fixes including checking the registry for upper and lower filters, uninstalling the drive
    and drive troubleshooter but no luck. Anyone got any suggestions. I did try to roll back to before the update but it failed to work properly.

AndrewSeager, Sep 25, 2018
  3. RLRehm Win User
    Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Sep 25, 2018
  4. I upgraded to windows 10.Now dvd drive won't work -code 19.

Code 19

I have the same issue, but on a Fujitsu laptop. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 and the cd/DVD drive has ceased working. Specifically it doesn't show up on this PC and when you go to the device manager it sees it but lists the error "Windows cannot
    start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)".

I have searched the registry for the entry, and modified it o that the high and low limits are blank. Restarted, and the fields are repopulated again with the stock values. Problem remains. There are several fixes for windows 7 and Vista, I have tried
    these fixes as well, most often they suggest opening the command prompt as administrator and pasting something that does absolutely no good.

I am open to suggestions. Any help you can provide will prevent me from uninstalling Windows 10 and reverting back to 7. If that's the fix, tell me, and I will do so.

Oh, the CD/DVD device is listed in the device manager as follows: "TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633B". The computer is an older T900 upgraded w more memory and a 256 GB SSD.

Thank you!

ErinThorkildsen, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

I upgraded to windows 10.Now dvd drive won't work -code 19.

1. I upgraded to windows 10.Now dvd drive won't work -code 19. - Similar Threads - upgraded dvd drive

2. My DVD drive worked fine until I upgraded to Windows 11. Now it reads DVD-RW ok but DVD+RW...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My DVD drive worked fine until I upgraded to Windows 11. Now it reads DVD-RW ok but DVD+RW...: I have updated the firmware and updated the driver but the old driver 2006 seems to return and WQindows keeps saying I have the latest driver..The DVD Drive is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50I frequently record tv PROGRAMS on DVDRW discs on my DVD RECORDER which all played and...
  3. Code 19 for CD/DVD driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Code 19 for CD/DVD driver: Since update on 7/27/20 the driver for CD/DVD driver has an error. Says Windows cannot start the hardware because configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19. I tried disabling the driver and rebooted. Then I tried uninstalling the driver and...
  4. Upgrade windows 10 from windows 7. Now my dvd drive won't play dvd's or blu ray dvd's.

Upgrade windows 10 from windows 7. Now my dvd drive won't play dvd's or blu ray dvd's.: I installed windows 10 from windows 7. My dvd drive won't play dvd's or blu ray dvd's. What do I need to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-10-from-windows-7-now-my-dvd-drive/28f90f6e-1a4d-4f53-8097-3f0487ff78ac
  5. The product code for my Windows 10 DVD upgrade is not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The product code for my Windows 10 DVD upgrade is not working.: Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 via a DVD. The product code it came with is not working. What are my options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-product-code-for-my-windows-10-dvd-upgrade-is/931c7df0-79a7-4b5d-82df-c46019a36d4d
  6. Upgraded to Windows 10, now it won't read my DVD-R disks.

Upgraded to Windows 10, now it won't read my DVD-R disks.: I had no problem with these same disks being read when I had Windows 7. Now that I've upgraded to Windows 10, suddenly my drive won't read the disks. These are blank disks that are the same exact ones I successfully burned just months before upgrading. Now when I insert...
  7. DVD drive is not rcognised by Windows 10, registry error code 19. Is there a fix?

DVD drive is not rcognised by Windows 10, registry error code 19. Is there a fix?: registry error code 19 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-is-not-rcognised-by-windows-10-registry/7bbde3ac-7a9f-469e-b15b-5606093d29e9
  8. Error Code 19 (Windows 10)

Error Code 19 (Windows 10): My PC is getting error code 19 (Registry Value Damaged) for my built-in DVD drive. I did update my computer, so that could be the issue. I tried to reinstall the drivers, but it just kept popping up. Anything?...
  9. code 19

code 19: CD/DVD: Windows cannot start this device because it's config info in Reg is incomplete or damaged. (code 19). CD/DVD failure using VxD loader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/code-19/57b280f0-8b6f-41a4-813e-e1ce379ae35e
  10. keyboard stopped working ! ( code 19)

keyboard stopped working ! ( code 19): keyboard on my dell laptop has stopped working. Initially device manager code was 19 , after trying to uninstall keyboard and restart code changed twice. once to code 12 then code 10. Now , it shows error code 10. I can't type much since I am using on screen keyboard....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dvd wont play after windows 10 upgrade 2019

2. upgraded to windows 10 and my dvd doesnt work

3. dvd drive not working