Windows 10: I upgraded windows 7 laptop to windows 10 but it is not working.

Discus and support I upgraded windows 7 laptop to windows 10 but it is not working. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 home 3 times but i face same problem. I purchased dell laptop in 2012 with i5 processor, 4gb RAM with 500 gb hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tushar_bhatt, Jan 22, 2020.

1. I upgraded windows 7 laptop to windows 10 but it is not working.

I upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 home 3 times but i face same problem. I purchased dell laptop in 2012 with i5 processor, 4gb RAM with 500 gb hard disk. When i upgraded a window 7 laptop to windows 10 home online microsoft tool, it starts work for maximum 1 min and then laptop automatically takes shutdown.

So could you please suggest to overcome this problem.

:)

tushar_bhatt, Jan 22, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

I upgraded windows 7 laptop to windows 10 but it is not working.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

I upgraded windows 7 laptop to windows 10 but it is not working.

1. I upgraded windows 7 laptop to windows 10 but it is not working. - Similar Threads - upgraded laptop working

2. Want to upgrade Laptop running Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Want to upgrade Laptop running Windows 7 to Windows 10: Split from this thread. I believe you are referring to upgrade meaning migrate your data and install Windows 10. Offer for free upgrade already ended and you will need to purchase Windows 10 license and do upgrade. However, if you already upgraded to Windows 10 during...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 not working

Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 not working: I purchased an upgrade for Windows 10, currently using Windows 7 on a Dell PC. It seemed to install well but when I log in I get a blank/black screen. Ctrl+alt+del gives an error message of "failure to display security and shutdown options". I've restarted several times,...
  4. windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro upgrade not working

windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro upgrade not working: I get an error OxC1900101-Ox4000D Installation failed in second_boot phase with an error during migrate_data operation? Tried everything suggested ...nothing concected, removed security etc. Still doing same thing...
  5. Starting windows 10 laptop after windows 7 upgrade

Starting windows 10 laptop after windows 7 upgrade: Having just upgraded my windows 7 dell laptop to windows 10 using the media creation tool on the microsoft website, I'm finding that when I press the power button to start the laptop, it gets to where the windows 10 logo appears on the screen, then the screen goes grey and...
  6. Upgrading Windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading Windows 7 to 10?: I have an old laptop with Windows 7 installed on it. I want to upgrade it to Windows 10, but the hdd is also pretty much dead so I want to replace that. Can I use the existing windows 7 product key to activate Windows 10 on a new storage drive? And how do I do that? Window...
  7. can i upgrade sony laptop from windows 7 to windows 10

can i upgrade sony laptop from windows 7 to windows 10: for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-sony-laptop-from-windows-7-to/0ea2d34a-e0d6-4d47-9ce9-d39a7c89c569
  8. will raid 1 in windows 7 keep working if I upgrade to windows 10?

will raid 1 in windows 7 keep working if I upgrade to windows 10?: Been holding off upgrading as I have heard of many issues with RAID 1 ceasing to work after the upgrade. Wondering if this has been fixed or if anyone is having good experiences doing this? Not interested in opinions on RAID 1 just answers....
  9. windows 7 to 10 upgrade

windows 7 to 10 upgrade: Hello,, Is there any way or program helps me to upgrade windows 7 to 10 online by steps.. my internet is weak and I cant download the upgrade without intrept,, I want to download a part then stop then resume next day from where I stopped I hope you to help me.. my...
  10. I upgraded Windows 7 To 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    I upgraded Windows 7 To 10 Pro: No problems only question is do I have to drop out of the Insiders Program? I made a 500MB un-allocated space before Win 7 , didn't know if I had to but since it was there in 10 I did. 8771