Windows 10: i use both task manager, msi center and hwmonitor to check my cpu temps and activity and it...

Discus and support i use both task manager, msi center and hwmonitor to check my cpu temps and activity and it... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; msi center shows 1% usagehwmonitor shoes 2% usage and task manager shows 100% usagecan someone tell me whats wrong here idk why it is doing thisi use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zac jones1, Jan 30, 2023.

1. i use both task manager, msi center and hwmonitor to check my cpu temps and activity and it...

msi center shows 1% usagehwmonitor shoes 2% usage and task manager shows 100% usagecan someone tell me whats wrong here idk why it is doing thisi use :ryzen 5 5600gb550 mag tomahawk msi motherboard16gb of vengeance ramapparently some software is conflicting or something idk also wmi provider host is showing like 25% cpu usage idk what this is and i googled it and it said i shouldnt stop it so idk i should also mention i made this computer myself on christmas day so all the parts are not that old other than my gpu is a gtx 770 by msithe processor and motherboard and ram are brand new

:)

zac jones1, Jan 30, 2023
  2. Singh4RY Win User

CPU and GPU usage at 100% until task manager is opened

Recently, I have been seeing that my CPU temperature is extremely high (80C) during idle or browsing internet and this changes when I open task manager to check what is using my CPU so much. As soon as i open task manager, my cpu usage goes down from 100% to 6-10%.

I am familiar with the bug from windows that causes the CPU usage to be at 100% when you open task manager for a split second before it can read the temperature and that's why i use msi afterburner to read my CPU and GPU usage as well as temperature.

During idle, when my laptop is plugged in and left unattended without task manager open, but with msi afterburner open, my CPU temps go crazy while my CPU usage gets rocketed at 100%. This also happens with the GPU sometimes.

I have read online about this and someone said it could be a virus that uses crypto mining software to hijack my hardware. This is a big issue as when i am doing my work it constantly causes interruptions if i dont have task manager open.

I need help to fix this and how to prevent this from happening in the first place I have run multiple virus and antimalware checks which have not changed anything yet.

thanks in advance to anyone that replies.

Singh4RY, Jan 30, 2023
  3. laoji Win User
    HWMonitor Vs Core temp Which one to Download for PC Temperature

Hi!
    I want to monitor my CPU temperature on my desktop. While searching online i found HWMonitor and CoreTemp top of the list. But i want to know which one is best suited to check CPU temp.
    when i read comments on these software, i found that sometimes they provide wrong readings. and another thing is malware files which are attached with these apps.
    so guide me as i want your opinion which is the best CPU temp monitor which can provide accurate real time readings.
    If there is any other monitoring tool which you think is more suited for temp monitoring, please tell me.

laoji, Jan 30, 2023
  4. i use both task manager, msi center and hwmonitor to check my cpu temps and activity and it...

Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage

Whenever I open task manager, It will constantly say that my CPU usage is at 100% and doesn't seem to dip below 99%, even when otherwise idle. However, my PC is not having any performance issues I would expect with an overloaded CPU. I can run games and benchmarks without issues and results appear to be perfectly normal. Performance monitor, MSI Afterburner and GeForce Experience overlay all suggest my idle CPU usage rarely peaks above 5%. I can only assume there is a bug in Task Manager.

I am running win 10 home on a custom PC with an MSI z490 Gaming Plus motherboard, i7-10700F 2.9GHz 8-core 16 thread CPU, Corsair DDR4-3200 8gb x2, MSI RTX 3060, Crucial P2 M.2 NVME SSDs (2.5tb total)

What could be causing this and how can I correct this?

SimonAcreman, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

i use both task manager, msi center and hwmonitor to check my cpu temps and activity and it...

1. i use both task manager, msi center and hwmonitor to check my cpu temps and activity and it... - Similar Threads - both task manager

2. task 'system' in task manager runs a constant 8.2% cpu usage driving cpu temp to just under...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task 'system' in task manager runs a constant 8.2% cpu usage driving cpu temp to just under...: task 'system' in task manager runs a constant 8.2% cpu usage driving cpu temp to just under 50 degrees Celsius while pc is in idle. How can I fix this?...
  3. i use both task manager, msi center and hwmonitor to check my cpu temps and activity and it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i use both task manager, msi center and hwmonitor to check my cpu temps and activity and it...: msi center shows 1% usagehwmonitor shoes 2% usage and task manager shows 100% usagecan someone tell me whats wrong here idk why it is doing thisi use :ryzen 5 5600gb550 mag tomahawk msi motherboard16gb of vengeance ramapparently some software is conflicting or something idk...
  4. i use both task manager, msi center and hwmonitor to check my cpu temps and activity and it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i use both task manager, msi center and hwmonitor to check my cpu temps and activity and it...: msi center shows 1% usagehwmonitor shoes 2% usage and task manager shows 100% usagecan someone tell me whats wrong here idk why it is doing thisi use :ryzen 5 5600gb550 mag tomahawk msi motherboard16gb of vengeance ramapparently some software is conflicting or something idk...
  5. System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU: Hello,Since yesterday, I observed that my laptop, started getting louder and hotter when idle 71°, previously had been 49-50°. Checked the usage of my pc and realized that the "System" task, is constantly performing a 10% and above, thus making my computer like that. That...
  6. System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU: Hello,Since yesterday, I observed that my laptop, started getting louder and hotter when idle 71°, previously had been 49-50°. Checked the usage of my pc and realized that the "System" task, is constantly performing a 10% and above, thus making my computer like that. That...
  7. Task Manager Using 49% of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Using 49% of CPU: With only Windows Explorer running Task Manager is using 49% of the CPU and no I/O:Windows Explorer is at 13% with no I/O.What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-using-49-of-cpu/b930a939-40b2-4587-aded-39eceec2e83d
  8. Task Manager Using 49% of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Using 49% of CPU: With only Windows Explorer running Task Manager is using 49% of the CPU and no I/O:Windows Explorer is at 13% with no I/O.What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-using-49-of-cpu/b930a939-40b2-4587-aded-39eceec2e83d
  9. Task Manager Using 49% of CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Task Manager using up to 60% of my CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager using up to 60% of my CPU: I recently did a factory reset of my computer. Since then, Task Manager has been using a lot of my CPU. No matter what programs I close, usage is always at 100%....