Windows 10: I use Firefox as a browser. Why did all my documents that were saved on Firefox NOW ON EDGE?

Discus and support I use Firefox as a browser. Why did all my documents that were saved on Firefox NOW ON EDGE? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This update must have been done fairly recently. All if a sudden (a few weeks ago), I've had to change my DEFAULT BROWSER to Firefox with every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bingobabe, Apr 8, 2019.

1. bingobabe Win User

I use Firefox as a browser. Why did all my documents that were saved on Firefox NOW ON EDGE?

This update must have been done fairly recently. All if a sudden (a few weeks ago), I've had to change my DEFAULT BROWSER to Firefox with every document I've opened.

I opened one of the documents today (IT opened with the EDGE BROWSER). Then I tried to re-open it AFTER specially telling it to OPEN IT WITH FIREFOX, but it wouldn't. So, I closed the EDGE BROWER AGAIN, and I tried to re-open it again AFTER telling it to OPEN

with FIREFOX & IT STILL OPENED WITH THE EDGE!! I would have never saved or used this, or any documents, ON THE EDGE. I've been with Firefox for years (and longer than I've had this computer!

How can I disable EDGE, so all my documents will be opened/closed with FIREFOX???

P.S. Please note that my CAPS are not me screaming, but rather I'm stressing those comments in CAPS to ensure you know my emphasis is on that particular issue/browser.

Thanks

:)

bingobabe, Apr 8, 2019
  2. nsmth Win User

importing firefox bookmarks to edge

The only browser that shows up in Edge to import bookmarks from is Internet Explorer. I also have Firefox and Chrome installed but neither shows on the import list. Anxious to try Edge but will continue using Firefox until I can import bookmarks.

nsmth, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Firefox not showing as default browser?

HI Zane, sorry you’re having these troubles.

Here are the steps I would take:

Let’s run through some items to try to fix Edge.

Reset Edge. Click start - settings - apps - find Edge on the list. Click on it, and then advanced, terminate, then hit reset. Make sure it’s strong hold on anything is gone.

Now, uninstall Firefox, reboot, reinstall.

See if you can now assign Firefox as your default browser.

Good luck, and let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Apr 8, 2019
  4. I use Firefox as a browser. Why did all my documents that were saved on Firefox NOW ON EDGE?

Unresponsive script error in Firefox browser

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Firefox browser. We will help you.

• Are you facing the same issue in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?
    • Did you try deleting the browsing history and clearing the cache and check if the issue resolves?
    If it works fine in Internet explorer and Microsoft Edge and not in Firefox, I suggest you to
    uninstall the Firefox application and reinstall it and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Programs and features.
    • Select the Firefox app and click Uninstall.
    • Restart the machine and reinstall the Firefox and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

I use Firefox as a browser. Why did all my documents that were saved on Firefox NOW ON EDGE?

1. I use Firefox as a browser. Why did all my documents that were saved on Firefox NOW ON EDGE? - Similar Threads - Firefox browser Why

2. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome: Hi there.I'm Frontend Developer. Some websites such as nextjs.org had wierd font. In some my emails this font applied. I have no idea what it is! I tryed many ways to fix this. install windows again some doing registry setting and no diffrent. when I use vite technology for...
  3. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome: Hi there.I'm Frontend Developer. Some websites such as nextjs.org had wierd font. In some my emails this font applied. I have no idea what it is! I tryed many ways to fix this. install windows again some doing registry setting and no diffrent. when I use vite technology for...
  4. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?

Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?: Videos are not playing using Firefox browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-are-not-playing-using-firefox-browser/c4208dc8-843d-4424-ae1e-9d6a382a331a
  6. using firefox browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using firefox browser: Why can't i use firefox as my browser instead of microsoft edge. I am more familiar with firefox. but microsoft wont let me change without the threat of cant come back after switching from S mo...
  7. using firefox browser

using firefox browser: Why can't i use firefox as my browser instead of microsoft edge. I am more familiar with firefox. but microsoft wont let me change without the threat of cant come back after switching from S mo...
  8. Edge, Chrome, Firefox browsers all having sporadic issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge, Chrome, Firefox browsers all having sporadic issues: The problem: Browsers are inconsistently working- various websites will sometimes open while other times will indicate error such as not secure, website not responding, load half-way, or simply continue loading without success. Also, when I click on link for a new tab same...
  9. FireFox Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    FireFox Browser: I wish to add a picture in the body of the browser instead of color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-browser/4dbd8dbf-bc60-4186-b6a4-00b231a23d9f
  10. Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge and Firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge and Firefox: Hi, I posted this support request https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-browsing-on-all-browsers-except-edge/3eba1b58-528a-4002-9519-deb1db42d7ca?tm=1557702617388&rtAction=1557784968972&page=2&auth=1 but the person helping does not...