Windows 10: I use Firefox as my browser. When I download a app update SmartScreen blocks opening the...

Discus and support I use Firefox as my browser. When I download a app update SmartScreen blocks opening the... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I try to open a program update or new program downloaded using Firefox I get a dialog box with the following message."Windows Protected your... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EricSchweitzer, Jul 17, 2021.

1. I use Firefox as my browser. When I download a app update SmartScreen blocks opening the...

When I try to open a program update or new program downloaded using Firefox I get a dialog box with the following message."Windows Protected your PC.Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk."There are 2 action options in the dialog box "Don't Run" or X to close the dialog box. I have tried disabling Microsoft Defender but the results were the same.

:)

EricSchweitzer, Jul 17, 2021
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Hi Craig,

There's a possibility that the SmartScreen option is on that's why you're unable to install downloaded apps. Let's try to turn it off and see if it helps. See the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
    • Click on the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
    • Click on Off in the Check apps and files section.

Let us know if the suggestion helps you out.

John Sarc, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Pictures

edouardlesly1, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Malcolm21 Win User

I use Firefox as my browser. When I download a app update SmartScreen blocks opening the...

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Did not resolve with Citrix app

Malcolm21, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

I use Firefox as my browser. When I download a app update SmartScreen blocks opening the...

1. I use Firefox as my browser. When I download a app update SmartScreen blocks opening the... - Similar Threads - Firefox browser download

2. Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.: Hello,I haven't been able to open my hotmail email for weeks on the Firefox browser. This is what comes up: https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/junkemail and a blank page. What's going on?How do I fix this?Megan...
  3. Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.: Hello,I haven't been able to open my hotmail email for weeks on the Firefox browser. This is what comes up: https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/junkemail and a blank page. What's going on?How do I fix this?Megan...
  4. Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. using firefox browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using firefox browser: Why can't i use firefox as my browser instead of microsoft edge. I am more familiar with firefox. but microsoft wont let me change without the threat of cant come back after switching from S mo...
  6. using firefox browser

using firefox browser: Why can't i use firefox as my browser instead of microsoft edge. I am more familiar with firefox. but microsoft wont let me change without the threat of cant come back after switching from S mo...
  7. Windows SmartScreen is Blocking Every Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows SmartScreen is Blocking Every Download: My Windows 10 Pro SmartScreen setting is blocking every single download. Even downloads from Microsoft.com and it does not give me any option to “Download Anyway” as all the advice sites are saying. How do I fix this and still have security? I should not have to turn it off...
  8. Windows SmartScreen is Blocking Every Download

Windows SmartScreen is Blocking Every Download: My Windows 10 Pro SmartScreen setting is blocking every single download. Even downloads from Microsoft.com and it does not give me any option to “Download Anyway” as all the advice sites are saying. How do I fix this and still have security? I should not have to turn it off...
  9. Windows SmartScreen is Blocking Every Download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. My Browsers freeze when I try to open "Downloads" folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Browsers freeze when I try to open "Downloads" folder: So when I try to upload some files, a new smaller window opens,and however I try to open the "Downloads" folder, whether via standard explorer rotue, or quick access, the browser always freezes! I have done this a billion times on previous Windows versions, but this only...