Windows 10: I use Mozilla/Thunderbird for my emails but get strange symbols, mainly question marks,...

Discus and support I use Mozilla/Thunderbird for my emails but get strange symbols, mainly question marks,... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use Mozilla/thunderbird for my emails but get strange symbols, mainly question marks, when using the symbols on the upper case of the number keys.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DoreenWatson, Jul 3, 2019.

1. I use Mozilla/Thunderbird for my emails but get strange symbols, mainly question marks,...

I use Mozilla/thunderbird for my emails but get strange symbols, mainly question marks, when using the symbols on the upper case of the number keys. What can I do?

:)

DoreenWatson, Jul 3, 2019

2. Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

While Mozilla's Firefox continues to make massive marketshare gains and is arguably the best web browser currently the Thunderbird email client hasn't received the same love and attention. Thus the future of the software has come up for debate by Mozilla CEO Mitchell Baker in his latest blog post in which he admits
    Three options are under consideration:
    * Create a new non-profit organization analogous to the Mozilla Foundation
    * Create a new subsidiary of the Mozilla Foundation for Thunderbird
    * Thunderbird is released as a community project

Baker calls on readers to contact Mozilla with their suggestions while admitting
    Obviously Thunderbird is no longer of interest to Mozilla as their only plans are to overhaul Internet Explorer.

Source: Mozilla

HellasVagabond, Jul 3, 2019
  3. bull Win User
    Strange symbols apperaing in emails.

wtf The e tm symbol was 2 question marks and a with upside v above it when I copied and pasted the test email but then changed to e tm after I hit reply. Those strange symbols are taking place of my apostrophe's.
    Does this make sense?

bull, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Dark Ride Win User

I use Mozilla/Thunderbird for my emails but get strange symbols, mainly question marks,...

Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7

A new version of the popular e-mail client Mozilla Thunderbird is available to the public for download.

"Thunderbird is a full-featured e-mail and newsgroup client that makes emailing safer, faster and easier than ever before more. Mozilla Thunderbird is a redesign of the Mozilla mail component. Our goal is to produce a cross platform stand alone mail application using the XUL user interface language. Our intended customer is someone who uses Mozilla Firefox (or another stand alone browser) as their primary browser and wants a mail client based on mozilla that "plays nice" with the browser."

Grab it from here !

... and read the realease notes while downloading.

Dark Ride, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

I use Mozilla/Thunderbird for my emails but get strange symbols, mainly question marks,...

1. I use Mozilla/Thunderbird for my emails but get strange symbols, mainly question marks,... - Similar Threads - Mozilla Thunderbird emails

2. My question mark in not working, it types a plus+ symbol.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My question mark in not working, it types a plus+ symbol.: I have an HP elitebook laptop. When I try typing a question mark ? the plus symbol + appears, whether I'm pressing shift or not, and when I press fn it types a bar /....
  3. Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions: I just installed firefox 85.0.2 brownser and thunderbird 78.11 email. I need a bit of helps. Firefox -Is it possible to disable update notification on startup ? -Is there any language translator plugin avaiable ? Thunderbird -Is there any PDF viewer plugin to read PDF mail ?...
  4. Trademark symbol changed into question mark

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trademark symbol changed into question mark: I tried to install a game but the install failed because of the invalid character original was trademark symbol Example the file name I saw on other people's video is "Game®" and mine is "Game?" Is there anyway to fix that?...
  5. Thunderbird Inserting ?? Question Marks In Text

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird Inserting ?? Question Marks In Text: Recently had this known issue with double '??' littering my text threads, but only for certain email providers and found this simple about:config fix here: Thunderbird Inserting Question Marks In Text • mozillaZine Forums Tools>Options>Advanced>Config Editor change...
  6. Is Mozilla Thunderbird slow at fetching and sending emails?

in Browsers and Email
    Is Mozilla Thunderbird slow at fetching and sending emails?: My ISP claims it's not their mail server... So is Mozilla Thunderbird slow at fetching and sending emails? I have a very fast broadband connection. Just curious. *really 125520
  7. Mozilla Thunderbird 60.3.0

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird 60.3.0: This version has been released today. Can be downloaded from the Mozilla ftp, 32-bit and 64-bit versions available. Directory Listing: /pub/thunderbird/releases/60.3.0/ 120836
  8. Mozilla Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird: Mozilla have released version 60 of thir email client. Now available in a 64-bit version as well as 32-bit. Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.0) — Mozilla 115501
  9. Can I move emails in Windows Live Mail to Mozilla Thunderbird?

in Browsers and Email
    Can I move emails in Windows Live Mail to Mozilla Thunderbird?: Got a new computer. Old one used Windows Live Mail but can't get it working on the new one. Is it possible to move my emails from WLM into Thunderbird? 86865
  10. Strange symbols apperaing in emails.

in Browsers and Email
    Strange symbols apperaing in emails.: Last 2 weeks I have been seeing strange symbols in my emails. I have been searching all over and can't find this problem duplicated or a fix for it. They look fine when I write the email and send it. But if I'm replying back and forth to a person with emails then the strange...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mozilla thunderbird £ symbol shows as ??

2. is my mozilla thunderbird got a virus

3. why does my mozilla thunderbird email have crazy symbols

4. thunderbird email symbols,
  5. weird symbols in mozzilla thunderbird,
  6. i have not got thunderbird on my computer but the emails show as thunderbird,
  7. mozilla thunderbird question marks,
  8. symbols used in thunderbird,
  9. stop thunderbird inserting ??,
  10. how to eliminate question marks in mozilla thunderbird,
  11. unwanted question marks in mozilla thunderbird emails,
  12. qestion marks in thunderbird email,
  13. mozilla thunderbird adding question marks to text ,
  14. question marks in email thunderbird,
  15. question marks in thunderbird emails