Windows 10: I use MS family safety to limit screen time for children. Every day it re-sets to unlimited.

Discus and support I use MS family safety to limit screen time for children. Every day it re-sets to unlimited. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Family safety screen time limits re-set themselves to unlimited every day... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by David Home2, Jan 23, 2023.

1. I use MS family safety to limit screen time for children. Every day it re-sets to unlimited.

Family safety screen time limits re-set themselves to unlimited every day

:)

David Home2, Jan 23, 2023

2. Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, Jan 23, 2023
  3. JHowe20 Win User
    Family Safety limits are not working

My Family Safety time limits are not working for one of my children, the other child's limits work just fine. I have tried all of the suggestions I could find in the community; account is verified, all updates done, I have even tried deleting the account
    from the family and then adding it back(that worked for a couple days). How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks.

JHowe20, Jan 23, 2023
  4. I use MS family safety to limit screen time for children. Every day it re-sets to unlimited.

MS Family Screen Time keeps resetting to unlimited

I used screen time limiting successfully in the past. But since a few months it doesn't work anymore.

I set device limits to ON and configure time limits and allowance windows, it works for maybe 12-24 hours but later I find out that my children have unlimited screen time. I go back to the family options to find that device limits are turned off, so the
    time limits and allowance windows dont apply anymore.

I've seen this topic opened (and closed) before, but without a helpful solution. I would appreciate if this could be fixed.

Pieter Gerritse, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

I use MS family safety to limit screen time for children. Every day it re-sets to unlimited.

1. I use MS family safety to limit screen time for children. Every day it re-sets to unlimited. - Similar Threads - family safety limit

2. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  3. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  4. I use MS family safety to limit screen time for children. Every day it re-sets to unlimited.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I use MS family safety to limit screen time for children. Every day it re-sets to unlimited.: Family safety screen time limits re-set themselves to unlimited every day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-use-ms-family-safety-to-limit-screen-time-for/c846a7b3-35d7-4c8c-8154-66fbf60c6f74
  5. I use MS family safety to limit screen time for children. Every day it re-sets to unlimited.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I use MS family safety to limit screen time for children. Every day it re-sets to unlimited.: Family safety screen time limits re-set themselves to unlimited every day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-use-ms-family-safety-to-limit-screen-time-for/c846a7b3-35d7-4c8c-8154-66fbf60c6f74
  6. Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety: HelloI have set up screen time using Family Safety to limit the amount of time my son spends on games. However, he has a number of different games installed and it seems that I need to set up separate limits for them, e.g. set up a 2 hour limit on game1, then set up a 2 hour...
  7. Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety: HelloI have set up screen time using Family Safety to limit the amount of time my son spends on games. However, he has a number of different games installed and it seems that I need to set up separate limits for them, e.g. set up a 2 hour limit on game1, then set up a 2 hour...
  8. Screen Time / Family Safety Keeps Resetting to Unlimited

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Screen Time / Family Safety Keeps Resetting to Unlimited: I have set screen time for my son, however every a couple of days it resets to unlimited. I don't think he hacked into my account but this keeps happening. Why??...
  9. Family Safety Screen Time Limits: Setting Custom Extension Times

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Screen Time Limits: Setting Custom Extension Times: Our family uses Family Safety to limit screen time. We block access at all times so that we have to authorize screen time any time my son wants to use the PC. When we give him permission to watch we have options like 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours, etc.. When he runs...
  10. MS Family Screen Time keeps resetting to unlimited

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Family Screen Time keeps resetting to unlimited: I used screen time limiting successfully in the past. But since a few months it doesn't work anymore. I set device limits to ON and configure time limits and allowance windows, it works for maybe 12-24 hours but later I find out that my children have unlimited screen time....