Windows 10: I use Windows Live Mail. My email download twice.

Discus and support I use Windows Live Mail. My email download twice. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Windows Live Mail. My email download twice, the second download has " around the name from person sending the email. Eg " John Joe" How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cathryn-Byron, Oct 17, 2021.

1. I use Windows Live Mail. My email download twice.

I use Windows Live Mail. My email download twice, the second download has " around the name from person sending the email. Eg " John Joe" How can I stop this, or why is it doing this?

:)

Cathryn-Byron, Oct 17, 2021
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

emails in windows live mail

Hi Angela,

Changes within the account settings may cause this issue. It's also possible that there are 2 identical e-mail accounts set up. Open
    Windows Mail>Tools>Accounts and see if there are two identical accounts configured. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you made any significant changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • How many accounts do you have in Windows Live Mail?
    • What have you tried so far to troubleshoot the issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Make sure to back up your files before performing a repair. Click this
    link
    for steps on how to back up your files. Follow these steps to repair Windows Live Mail:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on
      Uninstall/Change
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. To do so, follow the same steps but choose
    Remove instead of Repair. You can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail
    here.

Let us know how it goes.

Rey Bel1, Oct 18, 2021
  3. tomswope Win User
    windows live mail

I upgraded to windows 10 and downloaded windows live mail, it works, but when I download new emails it deletes all old and unread emails. Can someone tell me whats going on?

Yesterday I turned on sync as suggested, then I downloaded 10 new emails, I opened 5 and left 5 unopened. This morning I
    downloaded my emails, as before all previous emails downloaded yesterday disappeared. Any suggestions?

tomswope, Oct 18, 2021
  4. Callender Win User

I use Windows Live Mail. My email download twice.

windows live mail download

I get this:

I use Windows Live Mail. My email download twice. [​IMG]

Since it's insecure and no longer supported it would be better to use another email client.

Callender, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

I use Windows Live Mail. My email download twice.

1. I use Windows Live Mail. My email download twice. - Similar Threads - Live Mail email

2. I use Windows Live Mail. My email download twice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I use Windows Live Mail. My email download twice.: I use Windows Live Mail. My email download twice, the second download has " around the name from person sending the email. Eg " John Joe" How can I stop this, or why is it doing this?...
  3. I use Windows Live Mail. My email download twice.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I use Windows Live Mail. My email download twice.: I use Windows Live Mail. My email download twice, the second download has " around the name from person sending the email. Eg " John Joe" How can I stop this, or why is it doing this?...
  4. Windows Live Mail deleted emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail deleted emails: In Windows Live Mail running on Windows 10, when an email is deleted it is not transferred into the Deleted folder. How do you arrange for all deleted emails to be transferred and retained in the Deleted folder. Graham...
  5. Emails wont send using Windows Live Mail

Emails wont send using Windows Live Mail: We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large....
  6. Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook: Is there a reliable way to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook .pst file? I can see that there are a number of free third party programs that claim to do it but I'm never sure if they can be trusted. I'd like to transfer over the emails I have on my old...
  7. Emails showing twice in Sent mail

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Emails showing twice in Sent mail: Hi I am having an issue with emails showing twice in my sent box. This is on windows 10 build 1809 using mail app with exchange account. What I have done so far is: Reset the app Machine is up to date Only on this as works normal with online or outlook. Tried to delete...
  8. Windows Live Mail Downloading Deleted Emails

Windows Live Mail Downloading Deleted Emails: I have Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail frequently fills my Inbox (and also Sent list) with emails that I have deleted before, most frequently recently deleted. This happens most often when I am sending an email at the same time that new emails are coming in. This question...
  9. Windows Live Mail - email attachments

Windows Live Mail - email attachments: I have a problem receiving attachments in my Windows Live mail. The emails come through but the attachments (.PDF & .doc) to not. .EML attachments come through. I recently changed to a .gmail account. before that the attachments came through with no problem. I can get the...
  10. windows live mail download

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail download: can anyone please send me a link to download windows live mail 2012 all the ones i find on the net don't work out you can look at my profile to see all about my pc I thank you in advance if you can help.Jerry 109205