Windows 10: I used a digital audio cable and now I can't hear anything.

Discus and support I used a digital audio cable and now I can't hear anything. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used a digital audio cable and now I can't hear anything. I uninstalled it and my computer is outputting sounds but my speakers aren't doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IlayShenbrun, Apr 7, 2020.

1. I used a digital audio cable and now I can't hear anything.

I used a digital audio cable and now I can't hear anything. I uninstalled it and my computer is outputting sounds but my speakers aren't doing anything.

submitted by /u/IlayShenbrun
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IlayShenbrun, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Darren Win User

Digital Audio Cable

The My P5Q-E motherboard supports:
    • Digital coaxial outputs
    • 3.5mm jacks front and rear, but you need a RCA to 3.5mm cable
    Both cable methods carry stereo for games, MP3s etc unless you use the receivers 2.0 to 5.1 up mix feature such as Prologic or DTS Neo.

I'll advise you use digital coaxial as you'll be able to listen to Dolby Digital and DTS from genuine DVDs (not DD True HD or DTS Masters)

Darren, Apr 7, 2020
  3. mlee49 Win User
    Digital Audio Cable

So I got a new receiver comming this week and need some cables. I believe I need a coax cable and not the optical one. My P5Q-E should be for the RCA type connection and my Sony SRT-DG820 has a coax one as well.

I was suggest this site for cables, can anyone help confirm what exactly I need?

Digital Audio Cables at Blue Jeans Cable

mlee49, Apr 7, 2020
  4. alok Win User

I used a digital audio cable and now I can't hear anything.

disabling speakers ,virtual cable use & hearing audio from PC Speakers

I have software that requires the use of a Virtual Cable, in order to get the sound from the Internet source into this software I must disable the PC speakers and enable the Virtual Cable IN ,under Windows 10 user interface PLAYBACK audio setup . . . this puts the audio from the Internet source into the Virtual Cable IN . . . the Virtual Cable OUT under Windows 10 user interface RECORDING audio setup then goes into this software . . . this all works perfect because I can see the info from the audio displayed in this software I am using.
    But I cannot hear any audio from the PC speakers , the software lets you choose PC SPEAKERS for its OUTPUT . . . but I hear no audio from my PC Speakers.
    My question , to feed audio into the Virtual Cable IN I need to disable the PC Speakers as a Playback device , so does this totally disable my speakers at this point ?
    The software on its OUTPUT suppose to, feed audio to my PC Speakers , you have that choice and I enabled it ,will it do this even though the PC Speakers are disabled under the Windows 10 user interface Playback audio settings because of the Virtual Cable IN
    I am wondering if this is why I hear no audio from PC Speakers ???
    Al

alok, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

I used a digital audio cable and now I can't hear anything.

1. I used a digital audio cable and now I can't hear anything. - Similar Threads - used digital audio

2. Can't hear anything!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't hear anything!: I can't hear anything on my PC! I tried checking the cables, they are all fine. The volume is okay and I even try my earplugs, also didn't work.I think something might be wrong with my PC, not with my speakers. Youtube, Dailymon, all sites are affected....
  3. Can't hear anything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't hear anything!: I can't hear anything on my PC! I tried checking the cables, they are all fine. The volume is okay and I even try my earplugs, also didn't work.I think something might be wrong with my PC, not with my speakers. Youtube, Dailymon, all sites are affected....
  4. Can't hear anything!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I cant hear anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant hear anything: When ever im on a discord or google meet call. I cant hear other tabs or windows. I did change my mic setting to my laptop and output to headphones but then the mic quality is not the best. There is also a hands free option which i dont know about...
  6. I can't hear sound from "Digital Audio S/PDIF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't hear sound from "Digital Audio S/PDIF: Please someone help me! Since i update windows 10 i can't hear sound. Please anyone can solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-sound-from-digital-audio-spdif/9acff193-acba-45e1-ba4e-02989eb86022
  7. I can't hear anything after installing Realtek audio drivers

I can't hear anything after installing Realtek audio drivers: Earlier today I installed the 64-bit audio codec drivers from the Realtek website. Then I restarted my computer and I could not hear anything. My headphones and microphone show up in "playback" and "recording" tab in system sounds, but I do not hear anything when I try to...
  8. I can't hear anything on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't hear anything on my computer: About 2 days ago, I was playing music and then I accidentally unplugged the computer, and now I can't hear anything on the computer. Please let me know if you know the solution....
  9. I can't hear anything on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't hear anything on windows 10.: Hey idiots of the internet. I need your help. I'm using earbuds, for some reason, it stop working! Wow! Isn't it great! Just wonderful! But I'm serious I can't hear anything anymore, if you have any question to help me, do so, just please help me, I'm begging for mercy to...
  10. Audio Services Not responding please help I can't hear anything!

Audio Services Not responding please help I can't hear anything!: ok so i was watching some youtube videos everything is fin then i open steam to play some COD I try to listen to a trailer for some game and boom, can't hear anything. I went back to youtube and still couldn't hear anything! I've tried so many things but none of them have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant hear headphones on computer