Windows 10: I used the shift key to move multiple files into a folder and now I have a problem

Discus and support I used the shift key to move multiple files into a folder and now I have a problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My intention was to move 3 files from Desktop into a folder in File Explorer Windows 10, and I used the Shift key to move them all at the same time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anacostiawatershed, Dec 10, 2020.

1. I used the shift key to move multiple files into a folder and now I have a problem

My intention was to move 3 files from Desktop into a folder in File Explorer Windows 10, and I used the Shift key to move them all at the same time. Which may not have been correct procedure; I was guessing. Somehow a bunch of other files were selected at the same time, and got moved into that folder. Since all the files were highlighted in blue, I dragged them as a unit back onto the desktop. But when I tried to move one of the three target files into the folder, all the other files came with it. What do I need to do to disconnect them from one another?

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

anacostiawatershed, Dec 10, 2020

2. File Explorer Multiple Selection Using BOTH Check Boxes AND Shift Key

I've been trying for months to find a way to use both Check Boxes AND Shift Key for multiple file selection. Searching Google and this forum I haven't found the solution. This thread Shift for selecting multiple Files not working comes close to this but not BOTH. I've been turning On/Off the boxes but would like to have a setting that allows use of both.

Has anyone found a fix/work around that allows the use of both of these options?

Wiley Coyote, Dec 10, 2020
  3. LTUGamer Win User
    Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Dec 10, 2020
  4. I used the shift key to move multiple files into a folder and now I have a problem

Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

I used the shift key to move multiple files into a folder and now I have a problem

1. I used the shift key to move multiple files into a folder and now I have a problem - Similar Threads - used shift key

2. I have multiple problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have multiple problems: Earlier today I noticed that my laptop was very slow when I was using it. I noticed it was on 12 percent so I plugged the charger into it. About an hour later I notice the battery is low and still on 12 percent. I unplugged the charger and plugged it back in. While unplugged,...
  3. I have multiple problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have multiple problems: Earlier today I noticed that my laptop was very slow when I was using it. I noticed it was on 12 percent so I plugged the charger into it. About an hour later I notice the battery is low and still on 12 percent. I unplugged the charger and plugged it back in. While unplugged,...
  4. Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously: Hello everyone! I have almost 900 PDFs that need to get moved from one folder to their own individual folders. I have about 200 folders with a set of PDFs in each to move. I found a way to rename them all with excel that was really helpful 2019- 386A- HAZCOM but right now I'm...
  5. Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously: Hello everyone! I have almost 900 PDFs that need to get moved from one folder to their own individual folders. I have about 200 folders with a set of PDFs in each to move. I found a way to rename them all with excel that was really helpful 2019- 386A- HAZCOM but right now I'm...
  6. Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously

7. i have a problem when moving files

i have a problem when moving files: so my problem is that i cant move files to my folders. Ive tried many things and none of them work. When i try to move a download to my downloads folder theres just a big black sign thats shows me i cant drop it in. I also cant put downloads on my desktop. i would appreciate...
  8. i have a problem when moving files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a problem when moving files: so my problem is that i cant move files to my folders. Ive tried many things and none of them work. When i try to move a download to my downloads folder theres just a big black sign thats shows me i cant drop it in. I also cant put downloads on my desktop. i would appreciate...
  9. i have a problem when moving files

10. I can't select multiple files in file explorer using either shift or ctrl keys. Keyboard...

I can't select multiple files in file explorer using either shift or ctrl keys. Keyboard...: Any idea why this would be the case? Every "answer" I find says to just use the shift key, but for some reason this is NOT working. The keyboard works fine, so it's not my shift key!...