Windows 10: i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 now it just shows monitor 2 twice.

Discus and support i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 now it just shows monitor 2 twice. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have 2 monitors. when i try to change the picture in one, i right click to select the monitor but it shows both monitors as monitor 2. it does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dell Studio1, Nov 13, 2022.

1. i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 now it just shows monitor 2 twice.

i have 2 monitors. when i try to change the picture in one, i right click to select the monitor but it shows both monitors as monitor 2. it does not give me a choice for monitor 1. i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 but now it just shows monitor 2 twice.

:)

Dell Studio1, Nov 13, 2022

2. Desktop icons moved to monitor 2 from monitor 1

1. Yes, monitor 1 is to the left and monitor 2 is to the right.

2. I can move things between the two.

3. Mouse works fine.

4. I tried moving one icon and it did drag from monitor 2 to monitor 1.

5. I am sorry but I don't know what screen placement means.

6. The task bar on monitor 2 just recently showed up on monitor 1 so I have that twice.

Thank you!

AnnieCares, Nov 13, 2022
  3. pizza.dan Win User
    Change monitor 2 to monitor 1 and make it stay.

I did as you suggested, but the problem was not resolved. Windows detects the monitors just fine, but I need to switch monitor 2 to be numbered monitor 1. The main diplay has not effect, as once monitor 1 is turned on monitor two looses display.

pizza.dan, Nov 13, 2022
  4. Darrenlyf Win User

i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 now it just shows monitor 2 twice.

Setting monitor 2 as monitor 1

Okay this should change the numbering if you are using a PC:

1) Turn off your computer

2) Unplug all monitors from PC

3) Plug in only the monitor that you want it to be monitor 1 to your PC

4) Turn on your computer

6) Once startup has completed, plug in your second monitor that you want it to be monitor 2.

7) Go to Display settings and check if the monitor numbering are what you wanted them to be.

Darrenlyf, Nov 13, 2022
Thema:

i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 now it just shows monitor 2 twice.

1. i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 now it just shows monitor 2 twice. - Similar Threads - used monitor monitor

2. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  3. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  4. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Monitor, 2 User, 1 Laptop: I currently have the following setup: One laptop with an additional monitor setup set to duplicate Screen. So the screen on the laptop and the screen on the monitor display the same image.I want to make it so that, With additional keyboards and mice, Make one user work on the...
  6. i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 now it just shows monitor 2 twice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 now it just shows monitor 2 twice.: i have 2 monitors. when i try to change the picture in one, i right click to select the monitor but it shows both monitors as monitor 2. it does not give me a choice for monitor 1. i used to have monitor 1 and monitor 2 but now it just shows monitor 2 twice....
  7. Windows seeing 2 monitors as 1 monitor.

Windows seeing 2 monitors as 1 monitor.: Hi there, When I started my PC today Windows spread the screen you would normally see on 1 monitor onto 2 monitors. This caused me to have a wide screen. This looks really weird. Is there a way to fix this problem so I see 1 monitor screen on one monitor instead of 2...
  8. Setting monitor 2 as monitor 1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting monitor 2 as monitor 1: Hello, I've recently got a two monitor setup on my Windows 10. I want to set my main monitor 144hz as monitor 1. Currently it is displayed as monitor 2. Is there a way to switch these monitors? I've set my 144hz monitor as my main display in the display settings....
  9. multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2: When I go to Settings and Display, my multiple monitors show "1/2" instead of 1 and 2. I think you can change this by right clicking on the clock/date on the bottom right, but I don't know which to select when I get there. Help?...
  10. 1 monitors 2 printers

1 monitors 2 printers: how do I get my screen and printouts to show black properly as black not grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1-monitors-2-printers/7971484a-14b1-4a85-a6e0-f047d86915b8