Windows 10: I USED WINDOWS POWERSHELL WITHOUT CLOSING RUNNING APPS!

Discus and support I USED WINDOWS POWERSHELL WITHOUT CLOSING RUNNING APPS! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I have recently learned that you can uninstall windows default apps using Powershell. So I did just that. Only, to my horror, I realized that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JuanChavez3, Jan 3, 2019.

1. I USED WINDOWS POWERSHELL WITHOUT CLOSING RUNNING APPS!

Hello. I have recently learned that you can uninstall windows default apps using Powershell. So I did just that. Only, to my horror, I realized that I was supposed to close other running apps before doing so. I had chrome open with a list of commands to input, and deleted the apps. Right before closing, the read that I was supposed to close all apps before continuing. I since restarted my computer and have been extremely concerned as to if my irreverence caused any damage to my computer or software. Can anyone tell me if doing this caused anything serious of if I should just brush it off? Thank you.

:)

JuanChavez3, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Uninstall Photo app by using Powershell command

Hi Lorraine,

Thank you for posting your response.

I apologize for the miscommunication. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• 1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

3. Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

• get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage ( check the spacing)
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Windows 10 apps just open and immediately close without running, why?

We'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the Store application to revert the app configuration to default and fix broken system files. To do this, you can perform the following:

Uninstall Store

• Search PowerShell using Cortana.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell and then select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command below.

Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Press Enter on your keyboard.
    • Close the PowerShell window and check if you can still locate and launch the Store app.

Reinstall Store

• Search PowerShell using Cortana.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell and then select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command below.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Press Enter on your keyboard.
    • Locate and launch the Store app and check if you'll be able to open the affected applications.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Jan 3, 2019
  4. I USED WINDOWS POWERSHELL WITHOUT CLOSING RUNNING APPS!

Windows 10 Photos app doesn't run.

Hi,

Incompatible software installed in your PC can conflict with Windows apps and cause performance issues. We can suggest several troubleshooting steps to isolate and resolve the issue. As an initial recommendation, you can run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    . This will identify the cause of the issue and provide you further suggestions for troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, you can uninstall the Photos app and reinstall it by doing the steps below:

• Type Windows PowerShell in the search box at the taksbar.
    • In the search results, right click on Windows PowerShell and
      Run as administrator.
    • On the Powershell prompt, type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage.
    • Press Enter.
    • Once uninstalled, you can reinstall the app from this
      link

Let us know if the suggestions above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

I USED WINDOWS POWERSHELL WITHOUT CLOSING RUNNING APPS!

1. I USED WINDOWS POWERSHELL WITHOUT CLOSING RUNNING APPS! - Similar Threads - USED POWERSHELL WITHOUT

2. Why does my PowerShell Closes immediately after selecting Run with PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PowerShell Closes immediately after selecting Run with PowerShell: I want to run a file using PowerShell but after after selecting Run with PowerShell. PowerShell closes immediately after launching. I couldn't capture the error message....
  3. Why does my PowerShell Closes immediately after selecting Run with PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my PowerShell Closes immediately after selecting Run with PowerShell: I want to run a file using PowerShell but after after selecting Run with PowerShell. PowerShell closes immediately after launching. I couldn't capture the error message....
  4. How to run PowerShell Scripts without Signing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to run PowerShell Scripts without Signing in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows PowerShell is a powerful terminal from Microsoft which allows you to automate and script tasks on Windows machines and interact with many of the applications available on them. It is a huge improvement over Command Prompt and is mostly aimed towards...
  5. Apps keep closing without warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps keep closing without warning: I am running Window 10 and since the last windows update the following apps keep closing without any warning. OneNote for Windows 10 Microsoft To Do Microsoft Office Your Phone I had downloaded all of these apps from the Microsoft Store. I have tried resetting the apps,...
  6. Excel will not run without App

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel will not run without App: I was cleaning up WindowsApps and VBA would not run if I deleted: Microsoft.Office.Desktop_16051.11126.20266.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe Microsoft.Office.Desktop_16051.11126.20266.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe I removed the apps and uninstalled Office and reinstalled it and it still...
  7. Windows migration assistant closed running app that is closed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows migration assistant closed running app that is closed: My windows pc keep saying a edge app is open even though i closed the broswer window. I had to go to App & Features uninstall the app, but i can’t uninstall The Edge app so i went to advance options reset everything to default...
  8. PowerShell closes immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell closes immediately: I am simply trying to open PowerShell and the application closes instantly. This happens when I try opening it as an Admin. I tried input command 'powershell /' on command prompt in admin mode. it gives me an error: The shell cannot be started. A failure occurred during...
  9. How do I close the Windows Photo App without using Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I close the Windows Photo App without using Task Manager: The windows photo app (I pretty much only use it when I open photos sent to me via e-mail in Outlook), is causing me problems with its location and lack of control icons. I use multiple displays, but the app opens with the top of the app (containing the control buttons for...
  10. I can't run Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't run Windows PowerShell: Hey guys, can you help me? I can't run WIndows Powershell (even as admin or not), it say "C:\Users\ASUS K84L\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows PowerShell\Windows PowerShell.lnk", [img] i try to run via directory and then windows say "This...