Windows 10: I used Xbox Accesories to update my Xbox One Controller. Now wireless mode doesn't work

Discus and support I used Xbox Accesories to update my Xbox One Controller. Now wireless mode doesn't work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought the controller a little more than a year ago and aside from Rb not working from the get go and Lb behaving sometimes yes and others not, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CoinFlyer98353, Feb 15, 2020.

1. I used Xbox Accesories to update my Xbox One Controller. Now wireless mode doesn't work

I bought the controller a little more than a year ago and aside from Rb not working from the get go and Lb behaving sometimes yes and others not, the controller worked fine in wired and wireless mode. Trying to see if my Rb buttom worked updating it, I installed and used Xbox Accesories App

I know is my fault for using your official apps that can break my controller

I had no problem with the Xbox Accessory App, I followed all steps and got it to update and work perfectly connected through USB. Then I wanted to try wireless to see if everything was fine, but it stopped working for Bluetooth?

The controller appears in "Bluetooth" devices when I press the Bind button, I can begin pairing it, but then it apears a message that says "We didn't get an answer from the xbox device". I try to recconect once again when asked and finally binds the controller, but the controller just keeps blinking and after a few seconds the controller disappears from my bluetooth devices. I tried multiple times this and the same happened every time.

I used Xbox Accesories to update my Xbox One Controller. Now wireless mode doesn't work d8c48439-e7b2-42b2-a042-77f89686c5b3?upload=true.png

I used Xbox Accesories to update my Xbox One Controller. Now wireless mode doesn't work b25eaee9-bc0a-4016-8d90-db0535a8a6ea?upload=true.png

I used Xbox Accesories to update my Xbox One Controller. Now wireless mode doesn't work 34643611-8e63-4f6d-8607-f12c3ef90020?upload=true.png

I tried running another update from Xbox accesories and when wired, it works great. I tried uninstalling the device from device manager. I restarted the Pc and searched for updates on Windows Update. Nothing worked.

By the way, I have Windows on the version 1909.

:)

CoinFlyer98353, Feb 15, 2020

2. Xbox One controller not working wireless - Device could not be migrated

This thread from Reddit may help you. It appears that the Xbox One controllers can utilize two drivers; Xbox One Controller, and Microsoft Xbox One Controller.

The thread has other troubleshooting steps, but the two main (and most popular/successful steps appear to be as follows)

Method 1

Method 2

Hopefully this helps. If not, there's something else awry, and other troubleshooting may be needed.

EDIT: Per the asker's request;

I'm not sure if this solved it or if it was just a weird side effect of changing the drivers version forward and backward again. When connected via USB cable it said "Xbox controller", changed that to "Xbox gaming device", unplugged the USB cable, and the wireless stuff started to work for whatever reason... No idea why!

Kaizerwolf, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Feb 15, 2020
  4. I used Xbox Accesories to update my Xbox One Controller. Now wireless mode doesn't work

Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

I used Xbox Accesories to update my Xbox One Controller. Now wireless mode doesn't work

1. I used Xbox Accesories to update my Xbox One Controller. Now wireless mode doesn't work - Similar Threads - used Xbox Accesories

2. Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset: Hello, i bought a new xbox one controller today for my Windows PC. But when i use it wireless the audio doesn't recognize the xbox, so the headset doesn't get recognized. When i connect it with the USB C cable the audio gets recognized. But i want to use the wireless function...
  3. Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset: Hello, i bought a new xbox one controller today for my Windows PC. But when i use it wireless the audio doesn't recognize the xbox, so the headset doesn't get recognized. When i connect it with the USB C cable the audio gets recognized. But i want to use the wireless function...
  4. Xbox One wireless controller suddenly not working with Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One wireless controller suddenly not working with Win10: Problem: - Xbox One wireless controller now listed in Device Manager as "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" System: Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 20H2 Build: 19042.685 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 Steps taken to...
  5. Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver driver update doesn't work

Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver driver update doesn't work: Hi, I hope somebody can help me, I couldn't find a solution for my problem on the internet. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 embedded last week and was in the process to reinstall software and games. I'm not a big gamer these days so that's why I liked to play...
  6. One or two dongles? Xbox 360 and Xbox one controller wireless controllers for Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One or two dongles? Xbox 360 and Xbox one controller wireless controllers for Windows: As per title. Do i need the 2 dongles to be connected to my PC to be able to use the 2 controllers or the Xbox one dongle is backward compatible? Thank you submitted by /u/Logiman43 [link] [comments]...
  7. Xbox one controllers stopped working wirelessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controllers stopped working wirelessly: Hi, Was playing the witcher 3 via steam with my xbox one controller connected to my PC via bluetooth, had no issues this would of been approx 05/01/2020 Almost 2 weeks later and no matter which of my various controllers I use or which games I try to play, controller's...
  8. Xbox One wireless USB adapter doesn't pair with Xbox One controllers

Xbox One wireless USB adapter doesn't pair with Xbox One controllers: Hello, I recently had an issue with my computer and had to completely reinstall Windows on my system. After this issue, I tried to reconnect my Xbox One controllers using my USB wireless receiver and noticed they didn't automatically pair. I thought it was the normal...
  9. Xbox one controller and wireless adapter

Xbox one controller and wireless adapter: Guys, i really need help. I am using windows 10. My Xbox One cotroller was connected to my PC with Xbox Wireless adapter. But from this morning i cant connect my controller with my PC. I tried all solutions i could find on internet and yt but nothing. Reinstalling device,...
  10. Xbox One controller is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox One controller is not working: My computer running Windows 10 doesn’t recognize Xbox One controller. I plugged in an Xbox controller to the USB slot but I saw it vibrating, the lights flashing but it didn’t work. I did some troubleshooting such as running the device troubleshooter, trying to use another...