Windows 10: I want a CUSTOM background desktop color. How in W10?

Discus and support I want a CUSTOM background desktop color. How in W10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I make my own custom color for the desktop background in W10? It was super easy in W7 and W8, but now doesn't seem to exist the way that it used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Headlands, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Headlands Win User

I want a CUSTOM background desktop color. How in W10?

How do I make my own custom color for the desktop background in W10? It was super easy in W7 and W8, but now doesn't seem to exist the way that it used to. I only see pre-existing color tiles (that aren't the color I want) in the Solid Color option of the Personalization/Background window, but there's no option to select/create my own color, as there used to be. Thanks in advance!

:)

Headlands, Sep 25, 2015

2. How to change Desktop Color In Windows 10

How bout this...To customize colors,

Open Paint program.

Mix the custom color you want.

Copy and paste a picture on top.

Save as and

Set as desktop background.

BLuSeabird, Sep 25, 2015
  3. How do I change my backdrop screen on windows 10?

Hi Glenn,

Since you want to customize your desktop background, you can visit this
    link
    on how to change the desktop background and colors in a Windows 10 PC.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Sep 25, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 25, 2015
  5. Fafhrd Win User
    Start menu, type paint then:
    Open paint.
    Choose a custom colour.
    Select the colour fill tool.
    Fill the image area with selected colour.
    Save file.
    Also in file menu select "Set as desktop background", choose fill.
    Done.

Beat me to it Shawn *Smile

Fafhrd, Sep 25, 2015
  6. bibliojim Win User
    Awwwww, no workarounds. Somewhere, in a prior post was the "run" command that adds the additional palette. Anyone know it/

bibliojim, Nov 17, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Bibliojim, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Do you mean OPTION SIX below?

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...html#option5s6

Brink, Nov 17, 2015
  8. bibliojim Win User

In Win 7, choosing personalization, Desktop Background Solid Color, choose your desktop background, the option “more” opens an enhanced color palette. Where is that palette in Win 10?

Jim

bibliojim, Nov 17, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    Go to step 3 in Shawn's tutorial below, go to Solid Colors in the dropdown, click on More... in the bottom left corner:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...html#option6s3

I want a CUSTOM background desktop color. How in W10? [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 17, 2015
  10. Catherine Win User
    Catherine, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I want a CUSTOM background desktop color. How in W10? - Similar Threads - CUSTOM background desktop

2. Desktop Icon Background Color

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon Background Color: OS: Windows 10 Pro Version: 20H2 Just recently I noticed some desktop icons have a blue background (see pic below) when, before, they were transparent. They didn't have this until today. Does anyone know how I can revert back to desktop icons with transparent backgrounds?...
  3. How to change background color

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change background color: After an update my monitor screen background is black. Please, how do I get it back to blue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-background-color/5a9318c0-ed33-42e3-afe9-a51694422db2
  4. Wanted feature: folders with customized color / Background color

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wanted feature: folders with customized color / Background color: I think it would be nice to be able to change the color of individual folders/ folder background so as to quickly select them by color instead of name. Does anyone know if this is possible in Win10?...
  5. Dull Desktop Background Colors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dull Desktop Background Colors?: [ATTACH] Hi, does anyone know why when I set an image as my desktop background, the colors are much duller than the original image? Desktop Version Original Image Thanks for any help rectifying this. The original image is a jpeg btw. I just realised as well that...
  6. Win10 Background and desktop colors

Win10 Background and desktop colors: I installed Win 10 on my Pavilion dv6. I tried to set different background & desktop colors. I tried the high contrast setting at one point but returned it to normal. I can't remember all the color changes I did try. In any case, the changes made Photoshop .jpgs appear...
  7. desktop background color

desktop background color: to whom it may concern, how do I change the desktop background color to white with black text, that I can read and see, i'm color blind thank you, for the help..e.h....
  8. Customize background color in Windows picture viewer, How?

Customize background color in Windows picture viewer, How?: Hi. I use Windows picture viewer as my default picture viewer. I noticed after updating W10 to version 1903, that now, the background color that surrounds the picture that we are viewing is in white. I find the white color as background very annoying. I dont recall exactly...
  9. How to customize UI colors?

How to customize UI colors?: I am trying to customize colors of windows and native elements. Mainly I want to set the color of UI elements to something different than 100% white, say for example 90% white. Pure white hurts my eyes and in the end of the day I have issues with eyes. I need a way to setup...
  10. How to Block Custom theme from Affecting Excel Background Color?

How to Block Custom theme from Affecting Excel Background Color?: I'm running a win 10 custom theme that i downbloaded from a site. I like it but unfortunately it affects the background color of excel. Is there any way to block the theme from affecting excel? 103145