Windows 10: I want all Notifications over speakers, communications over headphone

Discus and support I want all Notifications over speakers, communications over headphone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like all notifications such as Outlook, Zoom, System etc to be played over my computer speakers - So I can walk away from my desk and hear the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VividEimaj, Sep 9, 2021.

1. I want all Notifications over speakers, communications over headphone

I would like all notifications such as Outlook, Zoom, System etc to be played over my computer speakers - So I can walk away from my desk and hear the notificationAlso need all Sound form Zoom calls, listening to recordings etc to be played over my headphonesI have tried to change this in the "App volume and device preferences" but it does not allow me to make this distinction.

:)

VividEimaj, Sep 9, 2021
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Sep 9, 2021
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Sep 9, 2021
  4. I want all Notifications over speakers, communications over headphone

Headphones recognized as Speakers...

In that case, please verify if your headphone is set as the Default Communication Device. If it's set as the Default Devices, then let's make it as the Default Communication Device and see if this addresses the issue. Please follow the steps below:

• Right-click the speaker icon on your System Tray, then click Sounds.
    • Click the Recording tab.
    • Right-click your headphone and set it as the Default Communication Device.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

I want all Notifications over speakers, communications over headphone

1. I want all Notifications over speakers, communications over headphone - Similar Threads - Notifications speakers communications

2. Can't communicate bidirectionally over the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't communicate bidirectionally over the network: I hope one of you geniuses can figure out the problem that I have been struggling with. I have searched high and low on the internet for a solution but have yet to find one that works.I have computer A which is a desktop running Windows 11 Home version 22H2 and computer B...
  3. Can't communicate bidirectionally over the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't communicate bidirectionally over the network: I hope one of you geniuses can figure out the problem that I have been struggling with. I have searched high and low on the internet for a solution but have yet to find one that works.I have computer A which is a desktop running Windows 11 Home version 22H2 and computer B...
  4. automatically restarting...over and over and over...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatically restarting...over and over and over...: I came back to my computer after it had been downloading a game from Steam. It goes from the screen in the image and then does it over and over. I can stop the cycle, but when I turn it on, it resumes the procedure. I only see the Acer and blue screen. Anyone have any idea...
  5. automatically restarting...over and over and over...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    automatically restarting...over and over and over...: I came back to my computer after it had been downloading a game from Steam. It goes from the screen in the image and then does it over and over. I can stop the cycle, but when I turn it on, it resumes the procedure. I only see the Acer and blue screen. Anyone have any idea...
  6. static over speakers

static over speakers: there is static coming through my speakers with anything being played https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/static-over-speakers/2c2a6eac-85bf-4b1f-a763-fe3cde3174c5
  7. 100% disk usage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

100% disk usage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...: It happens over and over and over and over. I do everything you folks tell me, and everything else I find on the internet. It still happens over and over and over and over and over. You can't fix it on your end OR tell us a fix? Who do we ask, if not the people who make the...
  8. Red X over speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Red X over speakers: So recently I was using my laptop and suddenly found that I have no sound. Yes I've went in and uninstalled and reinstalled the main program I have the sound run on. I also restarted my laptop 3 times and nothing works....
  9. Computers having unstable communication over network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computers having unstable communication over network: Computers on my network are able to connect to each other, but occasionally just not communicate. I've turned off the firewalls for the computers and the private network in my office. I switched out the GS724tv4 in hopes that it would fix it. This is all started after...
  10. I want to equalize my audio over all sources

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want to equalize my audio over all sources: There are a number of apps I've found that will equalize the sound from my computer over all sources. The problem I have is that, with my Klipsch Desktop ProMedia 2.1 speakers, one channel will start to play before the other channel plays (as I increase the volume level with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can i set windows to play notifications on the speakers while a headset is connected?