Windows 10: i want change my file manager to dark mode

Discus and support i want change my file manager to dark mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i want my file manager in dark mode i have done this process but it didn't changed.....? process i done is settings> rationalization > colors >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by krishna173, May 8, 2019.

1. i want change my file manager to dark mode

i want my file manager in dark mode i have done this process but it didn't changed.....?

process i done is

settings> rationalization > colors > choose your default app mode > changed to dark

now i didn't observe any changes to my file manager, but my friend got change in his laptop....!!

i want change my file manager to dark mode 550c4c35-79c2-4aa4-abcc-a75ee6cabafd?upload=true.png

:)

krishna173, May 8, 2019

2. File Explorer Dark Mode

Hi AlvinMorris2,

The Dark mode will change some of your device settings and default apps theme color to black. Thus, leaving some settings on its original color and appearance. I personally set my desktop color to Dark Mode and it also did not change the
    File Explorer to black. See image below:

i want change my file manager to dark mode c631e1a1-9bc8-4dba-8882-3e3aa67815b4?upload=true.png

If you want this feature to be included on the upcoming updates, I suggest that you post or upvote this concern in our Windows Feedback hub. Your suggestions will help improve the Windows operating system.

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, and then launch the app.
    2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, and then press
      + Add new feedback
    3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and then choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    5. Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    7. Click My Feedback at the top, and then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    8. Open the item you submitted, and then click Share.
    9. Click Copy link, and then paste the link in your response (it will look like
      Storefronts Tools link>).

Regards.

Monica Cam, May 8, 2019
  3. Wolfnir Win User
    File Explorer does not work with dark mode

Hi,

I'm a big fan of using dark modes whenever I can and love that windows is adding features that work with this, but my file explorer does not go into dark mode whenever I turn on dark mode for windows in the settings. I looked at other threads on this and
    they said to change the theme back to windows and/or restart the computer, then try to change it to dark again. I tried this multiple times and did not get anything from file manager. I do know somewhat that people can edit theme settings in the registry editor,
    but I have no clue what I'm doing in there and don't trust myself to go in there without breaking something.

I hope this can get fixed! Thanks

Wolfnir, May 8, 2019
  4. C_Riley Win User

i want change my file manager to dark mode

Dark Mode Does Not Apply Itself to Control Panel or File Manager

Hi, all. So, I applied the Dark Mode in Win 10 today, and something odd happened; it only applied itself to the Win 10 UI windows (Windows Key + i, Start Menu, Windows 10 apps), but not to File Manager or Control Panel items (Computer Management, Device
    Management, etc). Is there any way to make this theme apply itself universally across all windows? Because now I just have some that are themed one way and others that are not, and it's actually somewhat jarring, like I have two separate OSs -- which I guess
    I do, right? Windows Metro apps vs Windows Desktop apps? At any rate, I'm sure I've just missed something and there must be a way to apply the dark Mode universally, because surely this could not have been intended to make this odd dark/light hybrid UI, knowing
    that some features require you use the old configuration utilities. AND File Manager is most people's primary file management tool, so. . . yeah. i know i must be doing it wrong, haha! So if you can help, it is vastly appreciated!

(FYI: By "Dark Mode," I mean that I selected Settings > Personalization > Colors > Set your default app mode > Dark.

Thank you!

C_Riley, May 8, 2019
Thema:

i want change my file manager to dark mode

1. i want change my file manager to dark mode - Similar Threads - change file manager

2. How do i change that to dark mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change that to dark mode?: I have a HP laptop running on a genuine Windows 11, i have researched about my problem a lot, but i just couldnt seem to find the answer. I dont know if the feature is still not available yet but if it is I'd really appreciate some help. My problem is that when i turn on Dark...
  3. How do i change that to dark mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i change that to dark mode?: I have a HP laptop running on a genuine Windows 11, i have researched about my problem a lot, but i just couldnt seem to find the answer. I dont know if the feature is still not available yet but if it is I'd really appreciate some help. My problem is that when i turn on Dark...
  4. Changing the File Explorer from dark mode to light mode without changing the mode for windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the File Explorer from dark mode to light mode without changing the mode for windows: Hi!I wanted to change the dark mode of File Explorer to light mode without actually changing it for windows. Is there any way to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-file-explorer-from-dark-mode-to-light/e6f2dfbe-722c-4e1c-b749-9a29c514338e
  5. Changing the File Explorer from dark mode to light mode without changing the mode for windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing the File Explorer from dark mode to light mode without changing the mode for windows: Hi!I wanted to change the dark mode of File Explorer to light mode without actually changing it for windows. Is there any way to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-file-explorer-from-dark-mode-to-light/e6f2dfbe-722c-4e1c-b749-9a29c514338e
  6. I want to get rid of Dark Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I want to get rid of Dark Mode: My W10 computer screen is in dark mode in Google Chrome. The only part that is in light mode is the very top of the Google page. I tried almost everything that I saw on YouTube. Does anybody know how I can have my pages back in light mode, I don't want dark mode. Thank!Google...
  7. Dark mode on task manager solution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark mode on task manager solution: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/raconcop [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jipgps/dark_mode_on_task_manager_solution/
  8. Is there a way to change how dark is dark mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change how dark is dark mode?: Given that dark mode in Windows is AMOLED dark, is there a tweak that allows you to change how "dark" is dark mode? submitted by /u/bucketofthoughts [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4wf1i/is_there_a_way_to_change_how_dark_is_dark_mode/
  9. Change colors in dark mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change colors in dark mode: A friend told me that he can change the shading by choosing an option in the dark mode, but he didn't want to tell me what the option is, I'm not very technical, so I prefer to ask in this community. Thank you very much for who can help me....
  10. I want to change my user name as it is displayed in file manager.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to change my user name as it is displayed in file manager.: I am not familiar with Windows yet to know where to change this, currently it's C:\Users\katna. I hate that, it distracts me whenever I use the file manager. Call me crazy, but help me anyway!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer does not change to dark mode