Windows 10: I want drive letters in the navigation pane

Discus and support I want drive letters in the navigation pane in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want drive letters in the navegation pane. [img] 148974 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thename, Jan 22, 2020.

1. thename Win User

I want drive letters in the navigation pane

I want drive letters in the navegation pane.

I want drive letters in the navigation pane [​IMG]

:)

thename, Jan 22, 2020
  2. Retro54 Win User

Drive listing on navigation pane

Since updating to version 1511, I've noticed that the navigation pane in file explorer no longer lists my drives in order of the drive letters. They are now listed based on the nickname of the drive which after all these years makes it very confusing. I
    now have to be scrolling the list to make sure I'm opening the correct drive. ANNOYING.

Is there a simple way to force the navigation pane to list them in order of drive letters?

Retro54, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Show fixed drives in navigation pane

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I will be glad to assist you with this.

In order for the drives to appear in the navigation pane, I would suggest you to pin the drives in quick access. This way, every time you open file explorer, you will be able to easily access and see the drives on the navigation pane. To do so, follow the
    steps below:

1. Press Windows key + E to open file explorer.

2. Click This PC on the left pane.

3. Left click on a drive and drag it under the quick access pane and release the mouse once you see the "pin to quick access" popup

4. Repeat the steps for the remaining drives.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Why aren't my DVD drives in the File Explorer's Navigation Pane?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Based on your question, we have checked this on multiple computers. DVD players are not shown in the navigation pane. The navigation pane only displays the hard disk drives and the removable devices. However, you can add the DVD
    drive to the quick access pane. In order to address your queries, please check the methods below.

Method 1: Pin DVD to Quick Access.

1. Open Explorer.
    2. Right Click on DVD drive and select
      Pin to Quick Access.

Method 2: Change Driver Letter and Path.

To change the driver letter path of the DVD, you can do the following.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in diskmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Right Click on the DVD drive from disk manager.
    4. Click on Change Drive Letter and Paths.
    5. Click on Change and Select the Letter you want to assign.
    6. Click on Ok.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

1. I want drive letters in the navigation pane - Similar Threads - drive letters navigation

2. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  3. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  4. I want to remove folders from my navigation pane.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to remove folders from my navigation pane.: [ATTACH] I want to delete ICloud Drive, ICloud Photos, and Onedrive from my navigation pane. How do I do it? There is not option to delete when I right click...
  5. extra drives in navigation pane of explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extra drives in navigation pane of explorer: yes , I use "Remove_Drives_from_Navigation_Pane.reg" after every major update puts them back. But I haven't found a good purpose in Microsoft having 2 copies of usb drives there, or putting back with the update. *Sleepy*Biggrin 133192
  6. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  7. Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?: Hello, just got Windows 10 Technical Preview and was a little confused by this... For some reason three of my hard drives are visible in the navigation pane as root items down the left, but the other four are not... What makes those three so special? How do I customize this?...
  8. Local drive not showing in navigation pane

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local drive not showing in navigation pane: Any clue why one of my local drives doesn't show in navigation pane? [img] 48156
  9. add google drive to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    add google drive to navigation pane: how to add google drive to navigation pane 55775
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this pc navigation pane always show cd drive