Windows 10: I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???

Discus and support I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I take all of my file folders off of OneDrive, but keep them on my computer?Simple language please. HP wiped my computer and downloaded a diff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SallyXY, Jun 15, 2022.

1. SallyXY Win User

I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???

How do I take all of my file folders off of OneDrive, but keep them on my computer?Simple language please. HP wiped my computer and downloaded a diff version of Windows or made my default start syncing all and now all of my files are online on OneDrive and I NEVER WANTED THIS. The directions to get them off are either not there or confusing. HELP PLEASE. When I click on the cloud on bottom right corner of computer, then SettingsChoose foldersI uncheck a box and a message says- "If you hide these folders on your PC, the files will stay on OneDrive but wont be avl. on this PC. an

:)

SallyXY, Jun 15, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 15, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How??? [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync - MSPoweruser

P4-630, Jun 15, 2022
  4. I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???

OneDrive sync.

If you don't want to sync all of your folders in OneDrive to your computer, you can specify which folders you'd like to sync.

Note: You can choose which folders to sync only if you are using the new OneDrive sync client.

Not sure which sync client you're using?

1. Open the Sync your OneDrive files to this PC dialog box using one of these methods:
      • In File Explorer, right-click a folder in OneDrive or OneDrive for Business, and select
        Choose OneDrive folders to sync.

I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How??? 094cae2b-f9e8-4ad0-b310-7f2b4d507ae5.png

OR
      • Select the white or blue OneDrive cloud icon in the Windows taskbar notification area.

I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How??? 4e85cfb6-efbc-4629-b7c0-eb75d2bbc44b.png
      • In the activity center, select More > Settings.

I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How??? de5a32c6-d3ce-47a9-823f-2a211b1cc445.png
      • Select the Account tab, and select Choose folders.

Note: You might need to select the Show hidden icons arrow

I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How??? [​IMG]
        next to the notification area to see the OneDrive icon.
    2. In the Sync your OneDrive files to this PC dialog box, uncheck any folders you don't want to sync to your computer and select
      OK.

I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How??? 1813fba1-82aa-479a-b8a7-d5b16a6d2af6.png

Notes:
      • If you uncheck a folder you are syncing to your computer, the folder will be removed from your computer. The folder and its contents will still be available online.
      • The sync settings you choose are unique to each computer unless you're syncing everything everywhere. Also, if you're choosing folders on two computers and you create a new folder on computer A that you want to sync to computer B, you'll need to go to computer
        B and select the new folder there.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 15, 2022
Thema:

I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???

1. I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How??? - Similar Threads - everything off OneDrive

2. I want MY files off of onedrive, and onedrive off of MY computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want MY files off of onedrive, and onedrive off of MY computer: I do not want Onedrive. I never asked for Onedrive. Give me back MY files and help me get this ransomware program you shoved down my throat off my **** machine!...
  3. I want MY files off of onedrive, and onedrive off of MY computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want MY files off of onedrive, and onedrive off of MY computer: I do not want Onedrive. I never asked for Onedrive. Give me back MY files and help me get this ransomware program you shoved down my throat off my **** machine!...
  4. I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???: How do I take all of my file folders off of OneDrive, but keep them on my computer?Simple language please. HP wiped my computer and downloaded a diff version of Windows or made my default start syncing all and now all of my files are online on OneDrive and I NEVER WANTED...
  5. I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???

I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???: How do I take all of my file folders off of OneDrive, but keep them on my computer?Simple language please. HP wiped my computer and downloaded a diff version of Windows or made my default start syncing all and now all of my files are online on OneDrive and I NEVER WANTED...
  6. Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything: I was prompted by Windows: "Let finish setting up your device", and decided to just continue this time instead of pressing "remind me later". I have a desktop and a laptop linked to the same Microsoft email. Previously, they were not synced, as I wanted to keep them separate....
  7. Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything: I was prompted by Windows: "Let finish setting up your device", and decided to just continue this time instead of pressing "remind me later". I have a desktop and a laptop linked to the same Microsoft email. Previously, they were not synced, as I wanted to keep them separate....
  8. Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything

9. I don't want to sync one folder to onedrive. how to?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't want to sync one folder to onedrive. how to?: I have a folder that I want to keep ON my computer and I don't want to sync or be uploaded to onedrive. How do I make this happen? I selected "always keep on my device" but I went to the onedrive and all the files are sync. I don't want them on the cloud. Thanks for...
  10. I don't want OneDrive Syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't want OneDrive Syncing: When I boot my machine which is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a SAMSUNG SSD main drive. It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an...