Windows 10: I want files to read only on share drive no download and no print for PDF

Discus and support I want files to read only on share drive no download and no print for PDF in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I manage a IT infrastructure for a small business. Here i am facing a issue and not able to find a clear answer.Environment: WORK GROUP - No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MWarsi, May 6, 2022.

1. MWarsi Win User

I want files to read only on share drive no download and no print for PDF

Hello I manage a IT infrastructure for a small business. Here i am facing a issue and not able to find a clear answer.Environment: WORK GROUP - No DomainScenario: Server A has a folder that contains the PDF files created by Admin of the Server. Lets say Share Name is PDFClients: There are multiple clients log in with user credential. Admin has shared the PDF to all clients.Currently: User can view the files, also print and download.Expected Solution: User should only be able to view, no download, no print.So far no luck, i tried changing the permission to Read Only for "Everyone" but no luck

:)

MWarsi, May 6, 2022

2. Unable to Print PDF files

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to print a PDF file. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the printer & PC?
    • Does this issue specific to a particular PDF file or all PDF file in the USB?
    • What is the program that you are using to open the PDF file in order to print?
    • Did you try printing any PDF file that is saved on the PC?
    • What happens when you try to print, do you get any error message/code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps from this article:

Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Also, if you are using the Adobe application to print the PDF file, refer this article from Adobe:
    Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 6, 2022
  3. In Explorer in Share tab Print is greyed out for PDF files

In Windows 10 Explorer when I click a PDF file I can see it in a preview pane, but in Share tab the Print button is greyed out. I cannot print it from there. It was a wonderful way to print a lot of documents with one click. I have installed Adobe Acrobat
    X (10.1.6). I think that before installing it, the Share/Print option functioned correctly. My default PDF file opener is Edge. I cannot afford uninstalling Acrobat X. When I open a PDF file in Edge or Acrobat X, I can print it without problem.

Any suggestion to fix Share/Print for PDF files in Explorer?

Regards

Marcin

MarcinBalcerzyk, May 6, 2022
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Microsoft "Print to PDF" prints out Garbage

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Microsoft Print to PDF, we just have a few questions for you:

• What are the documents that you're trying to save as a PDF file?
    • Can you provide us a step-by-step screenshot of how you print your documents as PDF?

Erika Aro, May 6, 2022
Thema:

1. I want files to read only on share drive no download and no print for PDF - Similar Threads - files read share

2. i just want the download for Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i just want the download for Microsoft Print to PDF: i just want the download for Microsoft Print to PDF https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-want-the-download-for-microsoft-print-to/17149626-5621-4cf5-80a5-ab70b521a6df
  3. i just want the download for Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i just want the download for Microsoft Print to PDF: i just want the download for Microsoft Print to PDF https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-want-the-download-for-microsoft-print-to/17149626-5621-4cf5-80a5-ab70b521a6df
  4. i just want the download for Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. File on a shared drive is on read only and user can't make changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File on a shared drive is on read only and user can't make changes: I recently had a problem with the user that has an excel workbook that is on read only and the file is on a shared drive,the user can not make changes when I tried to troubleshoot it required an administrator password to give permissions...
  6. File on a shared drive is on read only and user can't make changes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File on a shared drive is on read only and user can't make changes: I recently had a problem with the user that has an excel workbook that is on read only and the file is on a shared drive,the user can not make changes when I tried to troubleshoot it required an administrator password to give permissions...
  7. I want files to read only on share drive no download and no print for PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want files to read only on share drive no download and no print for PDF: Hello I manage a IT infrastructure for a small business. Here i am facing a issue and not able to find a clear answer.Environment: WORK GROUP - No DomainScenario: Server A has a folder that contains the PDF files created by Admin of the Server. Lets say Share Name is...
  8. I want files to read only on share drive no download and no print for PDF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want files to read only on share drive no download and no print for PDF: Hello I manage a IT infrastructure for a small business. Here i am facing a issue and not able to find a clear answer.Environment: WORK GROUP - No DomainScenario: Server A has a folder that contains the PDF files created by Admin of the Server. Lets say Share Name is...
  9. Printer wants to save to pdf file, I just want to print a recipe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer wants to save to pdf file, I just want to print a recipe: I just want to print a recipe, but the computer a 3670 Dell is asking me to save to pdf. I don't want to do that. I have aHP Envy 4500, print, scan, copy, photo machine. And I have windows 10 with microsoft edge....
  10. PDF Files reading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF Files reading: Dear Sir/ Madam after I store a PDF file in a folder, I cannot reopen it by simply clicking on it, while in the folder. In order to open it, I have to drag it out from the folder onto the desktop, and then I can open it. How can I avoid this cumbersome process? Thanks and...