Windows 10: I want my monitor to go to sleep. My issue is that it automatically wakes up without...

Discus and support I want my monitor to go to sleep. My issue is that it automatically wakes up without... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I want my monitor to go to sleep. My issue is that it automatically wakes up without explanation?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ps3repair1980, Dec 3, 2019.

1. I want my monitor to go to sleep. My issue is that it automatically wakes up without...

I want my monitor to go to sleep. My issue is that it automatically wakes up without explanation?

:)

ps3repair1980, Dec 3, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Stavros Win User

I want my monitor to go to sleep. My issue is that it automatically wakes up without...

Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The only way I can get the computer back on is to do a hard reset by holding in the power button, turning it off, then back on. I've tried all the obvious fixes; windows updates, graphic card driver updates, unplugging, turning off sleep mode, turning off Link State Power Management ,making sure the keyboard or the mouse are able to wake the computer in settings, etc. Nothing so far has worked. Any suggestions on how to fix or what the problem may be?
    An additional problem is that I cannot even save some new settings in my motherboard. Somehow the settings return to the default settings and the problem remains. The PC purchased brand new almost 4 months ago.

CPU Intel Core i5 8600k 3.60GHz
    Graphic Card (integrated): Intel ® UHD Graphics 630
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3

Could you please provide any suggestion?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Stavros, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

I want my monitor to go to sleep. My issue is that it automatically wakes up without...

1. I want my monitor to go to sleep. My issue is that it automatically wakes up without... - Similar Threads - monitor sleep issue

2. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...
  3. Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode: When I boot my computer out of sleep my monitor doesn't come back on until I cut the power bar power off and then back on. I have windows 10 version 1803 and 17134.829 build. I recently installed a new network adaptor. ***Original title: monitor dosen't come up after...
  4. I want my screen black without putting the laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want my screen black without putting the laptop to sleep: I want my screen black without putting the laptop to sleep. I have a portable phone battery that will charge via USB port, but the port dies if I close the laptop or put it to sleep. I'd like to charge the battery while I sleep at night. At home, no problem, I sleep in a...
  5. Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep: My kids laptop. Completely messed when it comes to sleeping. It will not go to sleep on its own despite having the power options set the same as all my others. Display doesn't even go off. So we manually put it to sleep. That worked for a while but now it wakes up on its own....
  6. I want to change my main monitor without changing my monitor orientation.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change my main monitor without changing my monitor orientation.: I play video games on my gaming laptop, and I have my monitors perfectly how I like them, but I get my notifications on my gaming monitor. I want to change which monitor I get my notifications on without changing the orientation of my monitors. Usually, the main monitor is...
  7. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  8. Where monitor input settings-issue with waking up after sleep

Where monitor input settings-issue with waking up after sleep: Novice- talk slow to me please I have turned off all sleep options- and that may solve the problem In my case it may have been an easier resolve if i could figure out where to change monitor setting to VGA I would attempt to wake up CPU shake mouse enter on...
  9. Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue: Greetings, Using HP desktop with Windows 10. Latest Fall Creator Update installed. After the latest update my machine wouldn't wake up after sleep mode. The screen is blank although I can hear "rumbling" in the background as if the hard drive were indeed on but I see...
  10. computer automatically wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    computer automatically wakes up from sleep: Hi. I've searched the board and found many similar problems to mine, but nothing exactly like it, and as such I haven't been able to fix it. When put in sleep mode, my computer automatically wakes up at a set time. I have disabled wake timers in the power menu, I have...