Windows 10: I want my monitor to go to sleep. My issue is that it automatically wakes up without...

Discus and support I want my monitor to go to sleep. My issue is that it automatically wakes up without... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I want my monitor to go to sleep. My issue is that it automatically wakes up without explanation?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ps3repair1980, Dec 3, 2019.

1. I want my monitor to go to sleep. My issue is that it automatically wakes up without...

I want my monitor to go to sleep. My issue is that it automatically wakes up without explanation?

:)

ps3repair1980, Dec 3, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Stavros Win User

I want my monitor to go to sleep. My issue is that it automatically wakes up without...

Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The only way I can get the computer back on is to do a hard reset by holding in the power button, turning it off, then back on. I've tried all the obvious fixes; windows updates, graphic card driver updates, unplugging, turning off sleep mode, turning off Link State Power Management ,making sure the keyboard or the mouse are able to wake the computer in settings, etc. Nothing so far has worked. Any suggestions on how to fix or what the problem may be?
    An additional problem is that I cannot even save some new settings in my motherboard. Somehow the settings return to the default settings and the problem remains. The PC purchased brand new almost 4 months ago.

CPU Intel Core i5 8600k 3.60GHz
    Graphic Card (integrated): Intel ® UHD Graphics 630
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3

Could you please provide any suggestion?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Stavros, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

I want my monitor to go to sleep. My issue is that it automatically wakes up without...

1. I want my monitor to go to sleep. My issue is that it automatically wakes up without... - Similar Threads - monitor sleep issue

2. My computer will go to sleep but I can't wake it up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will go to sleep but I can't wake it up.: I am running Windows 11 build 22631.2506. My computer will go to sleep after a long period of time but won't wake up via the mouse, keyboard, or power button. Here are the things that I have tried. This didn't start happening until I bought a large 49" Samsung curved display....
  3. My computer will go to sleep but I can't wake it up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer will go to sleep but I can't wake it up.: I am running Windows 11 build 22631.2506. My computer will go to sleep after a long period of time but won't wake up via the mouse, keyboard, or power button. Here are the things that I have tried. This didn't start happening until I bought a large 49" Samsung curved display....
  4. My laptop wake up automatically in sleeping mod.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wake up automatically in sleeping mod.: As the Subject.When I let my laptop sleep , it will wake up immediately about 3-10 second.The screen is not only the welcome screen.but login screenThere is no correlate task in Task SchedulerI don't know what wake my laptop up.There is no further update....
  5. My laptop wake up automatically in sleeping mod.

My laptop wake up automatically in sleeping mod.: As the Subject.When I let my laptop sleep , it will wake up immediately about 3-10 second.The screen is not only the welcome screen.but login screenThere is no correlate task in Task SchedulerI don't know what wake my laptop up.There is no further update....
  6. My laptop wake up automatically in sleeping mod.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.

My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.: This happens even when I set the power option to 'never'.I have uninstalled/installed drivers. Taken out my graphics card and memory chips and cleaned all the contacts. I have changed the DVI.Removed unnecessary entries in Device Manager.I did manage to run a graphics card...
  8. My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.

My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.: This happens even when I set the power option to 'never'.I have uninstalled/installed drivers. Taken out my graphics card and memory chips and cleaned all the contacts. I have changed the DVI.Removed unnecessary entries in Device Manager.I did manage to run a graphics card...
  9. My computer keeps randomly going to sleep and will not wake up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. My sleep mode wakes up automatically

My sleep mode wakes up automatically: How do you keep the computer in sleep mode until you want to wake it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sleep-mode-wakes-up-automatically/ac9fe4b8-cd01-49d3-8b2e-7df756b45e4c