Windows 10: i want my old desktop explore 10

Discus and support i want my old desktop explore 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; where is explore 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-my-old-desktop-explore-10/2d5673d4-9b6f-475d-a3f8-d55990e6f566 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joepantano, Oct 6, 2019.

1. i want my old desktop explore 10

where is explore 10

:)

joepantano, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2019
  3. sturpe Win User
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Oct 6, 2019
  4. JohnFyffe Win User

i want my old desktop explore 10

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

i want my old desktop explore 10

1. i want my old desktop explore 10 - Similar Threads - old desktop explore

2. I want my old File Explorer back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my old File Explorer back...: Since updating, my file explorer is a mess. I can't find any of my files unless I used them recently. I've just wasted an hour trying to get it back to normal with none of the 'fixes' on the internet working. I can't see how this upgrade is beneficial and better than the old...
  3. I want my old File Explorer back...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want my old File Explorer back...: Since updating, my file explorer is a mess. I can't find any of my files unless I used them recently. I've just wasted an hour trying to get it back to normal with none of the 'fixes' on the internet working. I can't see how this upgrade is beneficial and better than the old...
  4. i want to continue my old chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to continue my old chat: Unable to accsess windows secutity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-continue-my-old-chat/c20e459e-083f-4a67-95a7-ef7503515b70
  5. i want my old mails and photos

i want my old mails and photos: i want my old mails and photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-my-old-mails-and-photos/f00241a1-7809-4b12-a647-561233823fc4
  6. I Want to upgrade windows 10 in my old laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Want to upgrade windows 10 in my old laptop: I Want to upgrade windows 10 in my laptop at present using windows 8.1 in my old laptop this laptop using last 8 years some issue in my laptop battery and bios issue still possible to install windows 10, Kindly guide me. thank you...
  7. I Want to upgrade windows 10 in my old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Want to upgrade windows 10 in my old laptop: I Want to upgrade windows 10 in my laptop at present using windows 8.1 in my old laptop this laptop using last 8 years some issue in my laptop battery and bios issue still possible to install windows 10, Kindly guide me. thank you...
  8. I Want to upgrade windows 10 in my old laptop

9. File Explorer defaults to OneDrive. I want it to default to my desktop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer defaults to OneDrive. I want it to default to my desktop.: I don't want to stop saving my files to OneDrive, I just want to stop File Explorer defaulting to OneDrive instead of my desktop whenever I want to open a file. There is no Auto Save in OneDrive Settings, so I don't see how I can change it, except by disabling OneDrive which...
  10. The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help!: Seems like such a basic thing but I can't figure it out! Somehow (update or my children*eyeroll*) my main desktop is the Windows bunch of boxes and flippy squares - it's distracting and I hate it. I just want my static old school icon based desktop. Anyone know how to switch...