Windows 10: I want my old File Explorer back...

Discus and support I want my old File Explorer back... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since updating, my file explorer is a mess. I can't find any of my files unless I used them recently. I've just wasted an hour trying to get it back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Angelfish5, Dec 6, 2023.

1. I want my old File Explorer back...

Since updating, my file explorer is a mess. I can't find any of my files unless I used them recently. I've just wasted an hour trying to get it back to normal with none of the 'fixes' on the internet working. I can't see how this upgrade is beneficial and better than the old version. At first, I thought my pc had been infected with a virus as it looks so weird and not good. Will this be fixed in the next upgrade as I can't see how it is better than the old version, it just takes longer to find things.Can anyone tell me a fix that has worked please as it is getting really annoying now?Thank yo

:)

Angelfish5, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Dec 6, 2023
  4. I want my old File Explorer back...

File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

I want my old File Explorer back...

1. I want my old File Explorer back... - Similar Threads - old File Explorer

2. I want my old File Explorer back...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want my old File Explorer back...: Since updating, my file explorer is a mess. I can't find any of my files unless I used them recently. I've just wasted an hour trying to get it back to normal with none of the 'fixes' on the internet working. I can't see how this upgrade is beneficial and better than the old...
  3. I want an old version of a MS PAINT file back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want an old version of a MS PAINT file back.: I had a paint file with a lot of hard work poured into it, and turns out, the new layer feature didn't warn me about disabled layers and how they'd delete themselves, and I lose SO much work thanks to this. Is there some god-forsaken way i could bring it back no matter what??...
  4. I want an old version of a MS PAINT file back.

I want an old version of a MS PAINT file back.: I had a paint file with a lot of hard work poured into it, and turns out, the new layer feature didn't warn me about disabled layers and how they'd delete themselves, and I lose SO much work thanks to this. Is there some god-forsaken way i could bring it back no matter what??...
  5. I want my old system back.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want my old system back.: I am not going to pay for this new one if there is a fee. When I try to download photos from my I Phone it downloads 399 photos each time with no option of choosing photos. I would like my old screen back. I have tried to remove the One drive app.. But it still appears in my...
  6. I want my old system back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my old system back.: I am not going to pay for this new one if there is a fee. When I try to download photos from my I Phone it downloads 399 photos each time with no option of choosing photos. I would like my old screen back. I have tried to remove the One drive app.. But it still appears in my...
  7. I want my old system back.

8. I want to get my old password back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to get my old password back: Hi, I want to get back my old password because I don't feel comfortable changing the password every 72 days , as it is very annoying to me making me change non stop when my account is the only account in the computer having the fact that I am the administrative. Is there any...
  9. Windows 10 Recent Upgrade - want the old File Explorer back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Recent Upgrade - want the old File Explorer back: After recent upgrade of Windows 10 my File Explorer no longer shows every File and subfiles in one list on one screen. This new explorer makes you have to click CUT and then go all the way back to This PC to find the folder I need to paste the file. Is there a way to get...
  10. I WANT MY FILES BACK!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I WANT MY FILES BACK!: All my files and folders were saved to Onedrive. I want them saved to my PC. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-my-files-back/4b1d5eaa-c40b-4002-bc7a-84bd8015d3dd