Windows 10: I want my old windows 7 games back

Discus and support I want my old windows 7 games back in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I hate Freecell and Spider Solitaire and all the rest of the 'included' games that come with Windows 7. Not only are the mechanics and the graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DWFII, Oct 9, 2019.

1. DWFII Win User

I want my old windows 7 games back

I hate Freecell and Spider Solitaire and all the rest of the 'included' games that come with Windows 7. Not only are the mechanics and the graphics crap, the advertising really bugs me--this is what we pay M$ for when we purchase or upgrade the OS?

I have seen some suggestions that the old Win 7 suite of games can be restored from somewhere in the Windows-old folder. Can someone provide a link or layout a tutorial on how to do this?

And while I'm at it, is there anyway to uninstall the Win 10 games? I want to get rid of everything that includes advertising--it's just spam.

:)

DWFII, Oct 9, 2019

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Polarman Win User
    Windows 7 Gaming Compatibility ?

Just out of curiosity, for those who are running Windows 7 (whatever build). Do you have any trouble running certain games? How about those oldies?

For my part, i'm using Vista 32bit and all my games (New, Old and Ancient) all work fine.

Does the same rule apply in Windows 7 ?

Anyone wants to start a list?

Polarman, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Sonido Win User

Windows 7 Gaming Compatibility ?

If it runs on Vista, it will run on 7.

Sonido, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. I want my old windows 7 games back - Similar Threads - old games

2. Cant open old (disc) games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open old (disc) games: Am on windows 10 w/ the newest update, i cannot open a disc game. The game is Rome: Total War (Gold). Its an old game not sure what os was around when it worked but i am fairly certain it is older than windows 10. I tried doing this but when i executed the script i got this...
  3. Running old video games designed for older version of windows on window 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Running old video games designed for older version of windows on window 10: Hello, Is there a way of playing old video games designed for older versions of windows 10 as it doesn't seem to be backward compatible with games released in a previous era. ? thanks, Habib....
  4. display scaling for old fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display scaling for old fullscreen game: Hello! For my grandchilds I scale the desktop for showing huge icons. Unfortunately the game dinosaur world from BBC uses this scale adjustment. So only the half area is to see full screen. If I scale the desktop as normal the game displays all. Is it possible to adjust...
  5. display scaling for old fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Support
    display scaling for old fullscreen game: Hello! For my grandchilds I scale the desktop for showing huge icons. Unfortunately the game dinosaur world from BBC uses this scale adjustment. So only the half area is to see full screen. If I scale the desktop as normal the game displays all. Is it possible to adjust...
  6. Old games gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games gone: I run Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) version upgrade 1903. I upgraded to 1903 a couple of days ago and since then my favourite games have disappeared. They were: Classic FreeCell Classic Hearts Simple Solitaire They are the old Win 7 Home editions, which I found on the net when I...
  7. Old games gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old games gone: I run Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) version upgrade 1903. I upgraded to 1903 a couple of days ago and since then my favourite games have disappeared. They were: Classic FreeCell Classic Hearts Simple Solitaire They are the old Win 7 Home editions, which I found on the net when I...
  8. Want to record install card game data from very old CD to USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to record install card game data from very old CD to USB drive: I really don't know how old this Microsoft Bicycle Card Game CD is but would guess 10-15 years. I was able to install it on my Win 10 PC (ver 1903_OS Build 18362.295) because I have a Blu-ray/DVD drive but my wife's PC (ver 1903_OS Build 18362.295) doesn't. We need to install...
  9. Want to record install card game data from very old CD to USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to record install card game data from very old CD to USB drive: I really don't know how old this Microsoft Bicycle Card Game CD is but would guess 10-15 years. I was able to install it on my Win 10 PC (ver 1903_OS Build 18362.295) because I have a Blu-ray/DVD drive but my wife's PC (ver 1903_OS Build 18362.295) doesn't. We need to install...
  10. Trouble installing old game to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble installing old game to new PC: I know it can be tricky to install a very old game to a new PC, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but I'm hoping to install a game that I used to play when I was young and I know my niece will enjoy playing it too, its a game called Hidden Pictures Workshop, I...