Windows 10: I want my photo albums back

Discus and support I want my photo albums back in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I dislike a new Photo App because I cannot find my photos. I don’t want my photos stored according to the place, time or people. Previously I had them... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Nathan Tsourvakas, Dec 26, 2018.

1. I want my photo albums back

I dislike a new Photo App because I cannot find my photos. I don’t want my photos stored according to the place, time or people. Previously I had them in albums. Can I get my albums back? Photo Gallery program was really better.

:)

Nathan Tsourvakas, Dec 26, 2018

2. Photo's app removes my photo's from an album

Hi Dino,

To help resolve you concern, what we suggest is to modify your photos properly. Follow these steps:

• Select the Start

I want my photo albums back 28805_en_1.jpg

button, then select Photos.

• Select Albums, select the album you want, then select
      Edit
      . Or, to start creating a new album, select New album , select the photos you want to include, and then select
      Done .

• Do any of the following:

• Type to enter a new title.

• Select Add or remove photos, select the ones you want, then select
        Done .

• To change the photo shown at the top, select Change cover, choose a photo, then select
        Done .
    You may also watch the video on this
    link
    for more information.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Raymond Ave, Dec 26, 2018
  3. photo app - How can I do a slideshow in an album? I only see the slideshow option outside of albums.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to the slide show option in the photo app?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps for the slideshow option and check if it helps.

• Open the “Photo App”

• Go to any three options “Collection”, “Albums” and “Folders”.

• Click on any “Photo” and press the key “F5” it will launch slide show.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Ben N Win User

I want my photo albums back

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

I want my photo albums back

1. I want my photo albums back - Similar Threads - photo albums

2. Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps: Only recently has the shared albums disappeared from this App. I was enjoying seeing some access to the many albums shared with me in the IOS world.Was this by design ?...
  3. Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps: Only recently has the shared albums disappeared from this App. I was enjoying seeing some access to the many albums shared with me in the IOS world.Was this by design ?...
  4. how to make albums in photos, I want to group photos and send them to friends. can I make...

how to make albums in photos, I want to group photos and send them to friends. can I make...: How can I make albums that organize my photos and then send an album to an email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-albums-in-photos-i-want-to-group/1ec5fd77-8106-423b-ad2b-7a3ee25a511f
  5. how to make albums in photos, I want to group photos and send them to friends. can I make...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make albums in photos, I want to group photos and send them to friends. can I make...: How can I make albums that organize my photos and then send an album to an email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-albums-in-photos-i-want-to-group/1ec5fd77-8106-423b-ad2b-7a3ee25a511f
  6. Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app: How to create a Photo album using the updated version of Microsoft Photos app. Unable to find the Create option. Earlier version of Photos helped us to create nice albums with background audio etc.. whereas after the Photos app update, there is no create option at all....
  7. Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app

Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app: How to create a Photo album using the updated version of Microsoft Photos app. Unable to find the Create option. Earlier version of Photos helped us to create nice albums with background audio etc.. whereas after the Photos app update, there is no create option at all....
  8. Icloud shared photo albums not automatically updating in Windows

Icloud shared photo albums not automatically updating in Windows: Can someone please assist me? I have my iCloud synced to my Windows PC, but when I open the D Drive > Icloud Photos > Shared > "Album", it doesn't show all of my recently synced photos in that shared album. How do I get this folder to update on my PC, so I can see all of the...
  9. Icloud shared photo albums not automatically updating in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud shared photo albums not automatically updating in Windows: Can someone please assist me? I have my iCloud synced to my Windows PC, but when I open the D Drive > Icloud Photos > Shared > "Album", it doesn't show all of my recently synced photos in that shared album. How do I get this folder to update on my PC, so I can see all of the...
  10. Did Microsoft get rid of all Photo Albums?

Did Microsoft get rid of all Photo Albums?: My Photo Albums have disappeared, and "Albums" does not appear at all as a heading.I have all my Photos, but the Albums are gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-microsoft-get-rid-of-all-photo-albums/0683c12e-6f0f-4fb4-807a-417e20aa3123