Windows 10: I want my screen black without putting the laptop to sleep

Discus and support I want my screen black without putting the laptop to sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want my screen black without putting the laptop to sleep. I have a portable phone battery that will charge via USB port, but the port dies if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rhodesmk, Nov 28, 2018.

1. rhodesmk Win User

I want my screen black without putting the laptop to sleep

I want my screen black without putting the laptop to sleep. I have a portable phone battery that will charge via USB port, but the port dies if I close the laptop or put it to sleep. I'd like to charge the battery while I sleep at night. At home, no problem, I sleep in a different room. But I travel for work, and that's when I use the portable battery a lot. As you know, hotel rooms are typically one room. The light from the laptop screen makes it hard for me to sleep.

Therefore, is it possible to have an all-black screen...no icons, no date/time, no notthin', so I can plug my charger in overnight while I sleep?

Thanks!

:)

rhodesmk, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 28, 2018
  4. I want my screen black without putting the laptop to sleep

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

I want my screen black without putting the laptop to sleep

1. I want my screen black without putting the laptop to sleep - Similar Threads - screen black without

2. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  3. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  4. spacebar puts my laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spacebar puts my laptop to sleep: when I use my laptop, I need to hold space or it will sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spacebar-puts-my-laptop-to-sleep/4544bee7-0f5d-45b5-8b72-ab1de21aa069
  5. spacebar puts my laptop to sleep

spacebar puts my laptop to sleep: when I use my laptop, I need to hold space or it will sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spacebar-puts-my-laptop-to-sleep/4544bee7-0f5d-45b5-8b72-ab1de21aa069
  6. Manually putting laptop to sleep and

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manually putting laptop to sleep and: Can someone please tell me what I did? I was fooling around, trying to have the laptop awake out of sleep and have the same landscape picture be there each time. I wasn't successful with that but also now, when I put the laptop to sleep from the Start button, it goes to sleep...
  7. Manually putting laptop to sleep and

Manually putting laptop to sleep and: Can someone please tell me what I did? I was fooling around, trying to have the laptop awake out of sleep and have the same landscape picture be there each time. I wasn't successful with that but also now, when I put the laptop to sleep from the Start button, it goes to sleep...
  8. putting laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    putting laptop to sleep: steps to put my Dell Laptop to sleep when I am finished for the dat https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/putting-laptop-to-sleep/34898161-305a-4188-99a0-a59f33c640f5
  9. Why does my screen not fade to black now when I put my laptop to sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my screen not fade to black now when I put my laptop to sleep?: Not sure if anyone faces this or if it's even a Windows 10 issue. But my screen used to fade to black when it sleeps. Now it just cuts to black when I put my laptop to sleep. Also, in the past when I charge my laptop, its brightness automatically brightens and automatically...
  10. putting laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    putting laptop to sleep: I was told by an IT Pro to put the laptop to sleep when I was done using it. Why then overnight at times i turn it on the next day and it is completely shut down, I must hit the power button to get it back on, who or why does this happen? 105593