Windows 10: I want my taskbar to always be on top - has this been disabled?

Discus and support I want my taskbar to always be on top - has this been disabled? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Unlike most people (it would appear) I really want my task bar to always be on top. I am a developer and often have tons of windows open. With the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dandes, Jun 4, 2017.

1. dandes Win User

I want my taskbar to always be on top - has this been disabled?

Unlike most people (it would appear) I really want my task bar to always be on top. I am a developer and often have tons of windows open. With the latest Windows update now the taskbar comes up behind any windows - so I have to start re-arranging them to get to it. There is no longer a "keep taskbar on top" option in the taskbar settings and nothing in the Group Policies editor.
    Am I screwed?
    To me this is really annoying! I find myself constantly re-arranging windows to find my taskbar now!
    Does anyone have a solution, or know of a solution for this?

:)

dandes, Jun 4, 2017

2. Taskbar Always on Top

Until yesterday I had my Taskbar set to be always on top and to hide when the cursor is not over it, this makes it so I can blow the web browser up to 125% and the bar won't get in the way of the web page and everything looks nicer. If I wanted to switch
    apps on the taskbar, because it was always on top, all I had to do was move the cursor down and up it pops ready for me to select an app. Yesterday I thought I wasn't doing things properly when I had the web browser maxed and I couldn't pull up the taskbar,
    but I confirmed it today, the always on top option has been removed from the taskbar options and if any window, not even full screen, but a window that is too far down will prevent the taskbar from being brought up, and if it does come up for some reason it
    is always behind the windowed application, obscuring which apps are where on the taskbar.

Please bring the taskbar always on top option back.

MichaelTozier, Jun 4, 2017
  3. Taskbar Always on Top

Hi Michael,

One of the possible reasons why your taskbar is missing is due to outdated profile or operating system. To help you with your concern regarding the missing taskbar, we recommend performing the troubleshooting steps found on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jun 4, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Well, under taskbar settings, I moved "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" to off and my taskbar stays on top.

NavyLCDR, Jun 4, 2017
Thema:

1. I want my taskbar to always be on top - has this been disabled? - Similar Threads - taskbar always top

2. Taskbar is always on top on touch devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is always on top on touch devices: Dear community,I've got a Windows 11 Pro installed on my Dell 5285, my Lenovo Yoga 7i and Asus Predator Helios 300 devices. On the touchscreen devices Dell 5285, Lenovo Yoga 7i, the taskbar is always on top and overlaps my fullscreen Citrix Workspace session. On the...
  3. I have a message on my lap top that says it has been disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a message on my lap top that says it has been disabled: On my lap top computer it says it has been disabled and access is the block security reason for this computer and to please call Microsoft technician...
  4. Has there always been a 'update driver' button at the top of Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has there always been a 'update driver' button at the top of Device Manager?: Currently on 20H2 and just noticed this. submitted by /u/BumpteeDumDum [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jz91a1/has_there_always_been_a_update_driver_button_at/
  5. taskbar always on top issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar always on top issue: Hello Guys and Gals, I have a weird issue with my taskbar, it is always on top of everything. What I mean is when I play any game in full screen the taskbar shows on screen. I tried the alt + enter and that does not fix it. I made sure taskbar is not locked and problem...
  6. How do i disable taskbar always on top?

How do i disable taskbar always on top?: Hello, from yesterday weird shit happened to the laptop, when i opened youtube and went fullscreen by pressing "F", the taskbar was still there, then when i went to play a game (borderless window) the taskbar didnt hide too, however in fullscreen mode, the taskbar hides and i...
  7. Taskbar STILL not always on top!

Taskbar STILL not always on top!: This is an issue that has bugged me for years. Windows still cover autohidden taskbar! When the taskbar is hidden, and any window is maximized or snapped, the mouse is sometimes unable to trigger the taskbar. I have to shrink the window before the mouse can touch the...
  8. How do i disable always on-top taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i disable always on-top taskbar ?: Hi, i recently updated to Win10 Anniversary yesterday. When i played a borderless window game, the taskbar was still on top of the game. Full-screen youtube was also affected by this. Prior to upgrading to win10 Anniversary, it worked fine, i could play a game in a...
  9. Taskbar Always On Top

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Always On Top: As of yesterday, the Taskbar on my Windows 10 install is always on top. No updates were installed yesterday or the past week so its not related to an update. I'm guessing some registry entry is messing things up. Any ideas? 67895
  10. How do I disable this annoying always-on-top taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable this annoying always-on-top taskbar?: Hello! So, my Taskbar for quite some time already been acting up, appearing on top on many of applications I am running. It even gets in the way of fullscreen videogames, and that is what absolutely irks me off. For example I've been playing Unreal Tournament 2004 (Steam...