Windows 10: I want my time readout to agreed with my time zone ie EST

Discus and support I want my time readout to agreed with my time zone ie EST in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want my time readout to agreed with my time zone ie EST... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelHodges4, Jul 11, 2019.

1. I want my time readout to agreed with my time zone ie EST

I want my time readout to agreed with my time zone ie EST

:)

MichaelHodges4, Jul 11, 2019

2. Time Zones

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem, it would be helpful if you could reply to these questions to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?

Time Zone will not change automatically while you travel. If you want to change the Time Zone for your computer, you will have to change manually.

Only the live tiles like Weather, News, and Sports have the ability to change with the location.

• Go to control panel.
    • Click on "Clock, Language, and Region
    • Under "Date and Time", click on "Change the Time Zone"
    • Under "Time Zone" click on "Change time zone
    • Under "Time Zone, click the current time zone, and select your actual time zone
      • Click OK and you are done.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Posh J Win User

Time Zone - Reverting to the wrong time zone after reboots/hibernation restores - Should be EST

I set it to our Time Zone – EASTERN STANDARD TIME – under my administrator profile. But when the system rebooted it defaulted back to the Brussels/Madrid/Paris time zone. This is occurring on three of the systems - currently

This is a very concerning issue as our agents make callbacks to customers and receive prompts to do so based on the laptop’s time clock reporting the correct time. So in effect, we have potentially lost revenue as a result of this time zone issue.

I tried this fix and received and error:

To Change Time Zone in Registry Editor

1. Type regedit in the search box (Windows+S) on Start or taskbar, and press Enter to open Registry Editor.

2. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

3. In Registry Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation

Click image for larger version.

Name: Time_Zone_registry-1.png

Views: 1226

Size: 52.7 KB

ID: 20083

4. In the right pane of the TimeZoneInformation key, double click/tap on the TimeZoneKeyName string value to modify it. (see screenshot above)

5. Copy and paste the time zone you want to use from the Time zone value data list below, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

Name: Time_Zone_registry-2.png

Views: 78436

Size: 12.1 KB

Time zone value data list:

Code:

Eastern Standard Time

6. Close Registry Editor.

7. Restart the computer to apply.

Error Received:

I also tried - tzutil /s "Eastern Standard Time" - Resulting in the same error as above

Please help and this is TIME SENSITVIE

Posh J, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. I want my time readout to agreed with my time zone ie EST - Similar Threads - readout agreed zone

2. How to I chane time zone for family screentime not the device time or time zone the time...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I chane time zone for family screentime not the device time or time zone the time...: the screentime time zone doesn't match the time zone we are in nor the time zone on our devices. I have to constantly change screentime because it's set for Spain we lived there for 10 months last year we bought all of our devices in the US and it switched over fine when we...
  3. How to I chane time zone for family screentime not the device time or time zone the time...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to I chane time zone for family screentime not the device time or time zone the time...: the screentime time zone doesn't match the time zone we are in nor the time zone on our devices. I have to constantly change screentime because it's set for Spain we lived there for 10 months last year we bought all of our devices in the US and it switched over fine when we...
  4. Time Zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Zone: Hello, the "Set the time zone automatically" is blanked out. How can it be activated?Tomas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone/9b63922a-7a4a-4f9b-99f9-394b7a727372
  5. Time Zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time Zone: Hello, the "Set the time zone automatically" is blanked out. How can it be activated?Tomas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone/9b63922a-7a4a-4f9b-99f9-394b7a727372
  6. time zone

in Windows 10 Customization
    time zone: I change the time zone but it keeps going back to the USA one, how do I change it permanently https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone/157a92f4-489d-454c-b7ef-8e125040dcb2
  7. Time Zones

Time Zones: Hi, I recently realized that my computer clock was one hour behind, when I checked the time settings the time zone was central time which is not my time zone but when I changed it to eastern the settings automatically switch back to the central time zone. How can I fix this?...
  8. I can't change my time zone

I can't change my time zone: I am the admin of my computer. I am trying to change my time zone from pacific to Mountain time where I am living, and when I go to change the time zone in the control panel, it reads that only an admin can do this, ask an administrator for help. I have used this computer for...
  9. I can't set my time zone

I can't set my time zone: So, when I go to the place in settings and change the time zone, as soon as I close it, it resets and ignores the fact that I don't live in the place it thinks I do. Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  10. change my time zone

change my time zone: I want to change my time zone to use a program : Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-time-zone/83551d94-9a65-4c83-8406-b210837c9a3b