Windows 10: i want old search function back

Discus and support i want old search function back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! Ive installed lasted system two updates, but ive noticed that updates altered my searching mode Before update when ive wanted find file let say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pablo89, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Pablo89 Win User

i want old search function back

Hi!

Ive installed lasted system two updates, but ive noticed that updates altered my searching mode
    Before update when ive wanted find file let say "roman" all found named "roman" files are in new window as list.
    But now all found files are under search box, how i can change that?

:)

Pablo89, Feb 20, 2020
  2. ginGammel Win User

Search function in Win10

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but as I stated in my previous message, I whitnessed this behaviour on various machines. Can you confirm that the search function works fine on your PC when repeating the same steps I described?

ginGammel, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 20, 2020
  4. i want old search function back

search function

Hello,

A possible cause of this issue is a corrupted index. To help you resolve the issue, we suggest rebuilding the
    Windows Search Index. Rebuilding the
    Windows Search Index will get rid of corruptions. For the steps on how to perform this procedure, please follow the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Type Indexing Options.
    • Select Indexing Options.
    • Click Advanced. Click Yes, if prompted or enter the administrative password.
    • Go to Index Settings tab.
    • Click Rebuild.
    • Wait for the process to finish.
    The process may take a while to finish depending on your PC.

Please respond back with the results.

Devlin Sco, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

i want old search function back

1. i want old search function back - Similar Threads - old search function

2. I want my old File Explorer back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my old File Explorer back...: Since updating, my file explorer is a mess. I can't find any of my files unless I used them recently. I've just wasted an hour trying to get it back to normal with none of the 'fixes' on the internet working. I can't see how this upgrade is beneficial and better than the old...
  3. I want my old File Explorer back...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want my old File Explorer back...: Since updating, my file explorer is a mess. I can't find any of my files unless I used them recently. I've just wasted an hour trying to get it back to normal with none of the 'fixes' on the internet working. I can't see how this upgrade is beneficial and better than the old...
  4. I want an old version of a MS PAINT file back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want an old version of a MS PAINT file back.: I had a paint file with a lot of hard work poured into it, and turns out, the new layer feature didn't warn me about disabled layers and how they'd delete themselves, and I lose SO much work thanks to this. Is there some god-forsaken way i could bring it back no matter what??...
  5. I want an old version of a MS PAINT file back.

I want an old version of a MS PAINT file back.: I had a paint file with a lot of hard work poured into it, and turns out, the new layer feature didn't warn me about disabled layers and how they'd delete themselves, and I lose SO much work thanks to this. Is there some god-forsaken way i could bring it back no matter what??...
  6. I want my old system back.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want my old system back.: I am not going to pay for this new one if there is a fee. When I try to download photos from my I Phone it downloads 399 photos each time with no option of choosing photos. I would like my old screen back. I have tried to remove the One drive app.. But it still appears in my...
  7. I want my old system back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my old system back.: I am not going to pay for this new one if there is a fee. When I try to download photos from my I Phone it downloads 399 photos each time with no option of choosing photos. I would like my old screen back. I have tried to remove the One drive app.. But it still appears in my...
  8. I want my old system back.

9. I want to get my old password back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to get my old password back: Hi, I want to get back my old password because I don't feel comfortable changing the password every 72 days , as it is very annoying to me making me change non stop when my account is the only account in the computer having the fact that I am the administrative. Is there any...
  10. I want my old windows 7 games back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my old windows 7 games back: I hate Freecell and Spider Solitaire and all the rest of the 'included' games that come with Windows 7. Not only are the mechanics and the graphics crap, the advertising really bugs me--this is what we pay M$ for when we purchase or upgrade the OS? I have seen some...