Windows 10: I want "Send to" to copy, not move, files.

Discus and support I want "Send to" to copy, not move, files. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows 10, on my old laptop, I could "send to" and have a file copied to Dropbox. On my new laptop, "send to" is only moving such files. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JudyMadnick, Aug 31, 2019.

1. I want "Send to" to copy, not move, files.

In Windows 10, on my old laptop, I could "send to" and have a file copied to Dropbox. On my new laptop, "send to" is only moving such files. I don't want to move these files! Is there a setting I have to change?

Thanks in advance.

:)

JudyMadnick, Aug 31, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Aug 31, 2019
  4. I want "Send to" to copy, not move, files.

Delicieuxz, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

I want "Send to" to copy, not move, files.

1. I want "Send to" to copy, not move, files. - Similar Threads - Send copy move

2. 'Send To' acts like 'Move Files'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Send To' acts like 'Move Files': Today I wanted to send files to my phone via data cable hooked up to my Windows 10 machine. When I selected Send To, it actually moved the files. I had to go into my phone files and copy those files and paste back into my PC. I don't remember this happening with my XP...
  3. 'Send To' acts like 'Move Files'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Send To' acts like 'Move Files': Today I wanted to send files to my phone via data cable hooked up to my Windows 10 machine. When I selected Send To, it actually moved the files. I had to go into my phone files and copy those files and paste back into my PC. I don't remember this happening with my XP...
  4. 'Send To' acts like 'Move Files'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  6. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  7. copy move files

copy move files: Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time.... I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name & size and not by Date/Time... Because of Daylight Saving Time many times my backup files do not jive with the original files...
  8. I cannot move, copy or rename my files.

I cannot move, copy or rename my files.: Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I had three disk partitions. C Drive, D Drive and E Drive. Windows is installed in C Drive. After upgrade D Drive became E Drive and E Drive became F Drive. I can't move, copy or rename files and folders in these drives. Also,...
  9. Why Can't I Copy or Move This dmp file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Can't I Copy or Move This dmp file?: I have another thread going and I can't put this dmp file up on onedrive, even in a zipped folder I thought the dmp file was in, is empty when opened? I just had Win 10 32 bit installed on my 64 bit system don't ask me why, and suspect that could be an issue?...
  10. EFS copying , moving files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EFS copying , moving files: Hello, I am preparing for the MD-100 certification and I have a question about copying or moving EFS files. According to Exam Ref MD-100 Windows 10 by Andrew Bettany on page #188 "EFS will prevent attempts to copy or move encrypted data by anyone except users who have the...