Windows 10: i want the ask now ask an adult there are no children on this getting on my nerves

Discus and support i want the ask now ask an adult there are no children on this getting on my nerves in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; i want ask now removed and everything i do does not work apart fromburning my computer... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by leahvance1, Jul 20, 2022.

1. i want the ask now ask an adult there are no children on this getting on my nerves

i want ask now removed and everything i do does not work apart fromburning my computer

:)

leahvance1, Jul 20, 2022

2. Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome

Also if you are an adult in your family and you are still having this issue do this.

• Ask for permission to use the program
    • go onto another web browser and log into the other email you or a family member uses
    • if you are not in the family tab add your self to the children's accounts
    • accept the request to use the program
    • then remove yourself from the children's account and into the adult section

Hope this helps.

NathanialJamieson, Jul 20, 2022
  3. Ask an adult... but I am the adult!!

Each time I reboot and log on to my Windows 10 desktop I get a window opens that says...

Microsoft family features

Ask for permission

You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use:

Windows Shell Experience

Trace ID: If12IyTmr02LfnU3.1 (PFN:Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy)

I am the "Adult" in my Microsoft family!!

What do I need to do to sort this out please?

Thanks.

TurbinalAsp1, Jul 20, 2022
  4. i want the ask now ask an adult there are no children on this getting on my nerves

Ask Permission - Need an Adult to use Firefox - Ask by email

Repeatedly "ask by email" (using "child's" machine) and repeatedly selected "allowed" ("gave permission") to use the account, but it still doesn't work.

Initially, it also alerted me to the need to update windows on the "child's" machine, which I did, but it still doesn't work. I then found the following instructions:

Redirecting

Right click the program, click Properties

Click the Security tab

Click Edit

Click Add

Click Advanced

Click Find now

Select an account then click OK

Click OK

Under permissions for user

Choose what the user can do in the list, then click Apply then OK

Click Apply then OK again.

I right-clicked the Firefox icon and followed these instructions up until it asked me to "click apply again" (apply was greyed out, so I just clicked OK).

Please advise...

(p.s. I use this family feature for a disabled adult who needs some help and supervision, but is understandably irritated by the "adult/child" framework. Wouldn't "administrator/user" (or some such designation) be preferable even for children?

Family Admin, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

i want the ask now ask an adult there are no children on this getting on my nerves

1. i want the ask now ask an adult there are no children on this getting on my nerves - Similar Threads - ask ask adult

2. Ask for permission first. You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can get this....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ask for permission first. You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can get this....: I'm trying to buy an app from the microsoft store to watch a video I have on my laptop. Every time I try to buy it, it asks for my PIN, and then I get a pop-up saying "You'll need to ask an adult...". There's 2 buttons "Cancel" and "Ask Now". When I click "Ask Now" I get...
  3. Ask for permission first. You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can get this....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ask for permission first. You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can get this....: I'm trying to buy an app from the microsoft store to watch a video I have on my laptop. Every time I try to buy it, it asks for my PIN, and then I get a pop-up saying "You'll need to ask an adult...". There's 2 buttons "Cancel" and "Ask Now". When I click "Ask Now" I get...
  4. i want the ask now ask an adult there are no children on this getting on my nerves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want the ask now ask an adult there are no children on this getting on my nerves: i want ask now removed and everything i do does not work apart fromburning my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-the-ask-now-ask-an-adult-there-are-no/2dd1bd6e-013c-4a9f-aa6f-d73d8dce74d3
  5. i want the ask now ask an adult there are no children on this getting on my nerves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want the ask now ask an adult there are no children on this getting on my nerves: i want ask now removed and everything i do does not work apart fromburning my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-the-ask-now-ask-an-adult-there-are-no/2dd1bd6e-013c-4a9f-aa6f-d73d8dce74d3
  6. Just Wanted to Ask

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just Wanted to Ask: Hello guys I just wanted to ask if there is a free way to download Microsoft Office. My dad bought me a new laptop but it did come included with Ms Office Home and student. So is there a way to download them for free? submitted by /u/LeeChanYi [link] [comments]...
  7. Asking for an adults permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Asking for an adults permission: I am the adult in my Family Account why is it asking me to get permission for anything on my laptop? If this keeps up I will never use this again. It has happened a few times and it is for a stupid app. The sticky Notes App. This needs to get handled across the board. I am...
  8. ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED getting on my nerves

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED getting on my nerves: when searching on browser I get this message too often : ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED what is this damn thing and how to get rid of this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errnamenotresolved-getting-on-my-nerves/ab4b75b0-707c-44d5-8f59-2e565ac2b89a
  9. Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval

Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval: I've removed myself from the family and it still asks for parent's approval. I dont know what to even do anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-asking-for-adminadult-approval/2fa73af7-843c-49eb-816d-bd92f90e3cee"
  10. Ask Permission - Need an Adult to use Firefox - Ask by email

Ask Permission - Need an Adult to use Firefox - Ask by email: Repeatedly "ask by email" (using "child's" machine) and repeatedly selected "allowed" ("gave permission") to use the account, but it still doesn't work. Initially, it also alerted me to the need to update windows on the "child's" machine, which I did, but it still doesn't...