Windows 10: I want the font BIGGER?

Discus and support I want the font BIGGER? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In gmail my font size is too tiny, I want to make it BIGGER?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jeff Gordon_884, Feb 21, 2019.

1. I want the font BIGGER?

In gmail my font size is too tiny, I want to make it BIGGER?

:)

Jeff Gordon_884, Feb 21, 2019
  2. AídaRF Win User

Bigger, Darker Fonts

BIGGER, DARKER FONTS

Hola, hello, hi everyone... My first time here so a bit rough around the edges.

I need bigger, darker fonts. I don't use magnifier because it is too distracting and cumbersome to use.

I am willing to use custom scaling but the introductory paragraph on the custom scaling screen informs us it is not recommended, warning us about all sorts of (seemingly) insurmountable nightmarish problems we are likely to encounter.Right
    now have set custom scaling at 100. Barely legible. Perhaps if it were darker it would work for me.

I have not attempted a larger custom scaling setting (e.g., 125 or 150) for fear of precipitating doomsday as I interpret the warning mentioned above.

My specific questions/remarks are:

• Is there a way to get bigger, darker font without altering anything else like we were able to do on Windows 8?
    • Does custom scaling alter the way things are displayed when using browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox?
    • Any ideas, comments, suggestions, alternatives, or any whatevers will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

Aída

AídaRF, Feb 21, 2019
  3. nouta Win User
    Bigger font in E51

That makes no sense not to add bigger fonts. Especially little dark font on dark background are not good.E51 is so powerful in computation that there is not any reason for missing bigger fonts?

Are there expectations that this could be FIXED (I assume it as a major BUG) in the next firmware?

Message Edited by on 15-May-2008 03:13 PM

nouta, Feb 21, 2019
  4. NeoSOS Win User

I want the font BIGGER?

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

I want the font BIGGER?

1. I want the font BIGGER? - Similar Threads - font BIGGER

2. How can I make that font size will be bigger in the menus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make that font size will be bigger in the menus?: I have a lot of problems with the font size in the menus of adobe, chrome and other programs were is very small. I change in the Accesibility and scale in system but it seems that the letter are still very small...
  3. How can I make that font size will be bigger in the menus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make that font size will be bigger in the menus?: I have a lot of problems with the font size in the menus of adobe, chrome and other programs were is very small. I change in the Accesibility and scale in system but it seems that the letter are still very small...
  4. New Aptos font looks bigger and blurry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Aptos font looks bigger and blurry?: The below is Calibri 12 vs Aptos 12 in Edge/Outlook Web.The new font looks a bit larger for whatever reason but also blurry; note the softer left edge on the B for the Aptos one, vs the more abrupt left edge on the second smaller Calibri B.Has anyone else noticed this? or if...
  5. New Aptos font looks bigger and blurry?

New Aptos font looks bigger and blurry?: The below is Calibri 12 vs Aptos 12 in Edge/Outlook Web.The new font looks a bit larger for whatever reason but also blurry; note the softer left edge on the B for the Aptos one, vs the more abrupt left edge on the second smaller Calibri B.Has anyone else noticed this? or if...
  6. bigger font size not page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bigger font size not page: I now have windows 11 on my PC. I need the text larger but I want the page to remain the same, not to zoom in on the entire page. How do I do that? I only see their solution to zoom in to make EVERYthing bigger. I hate that option. Please Help....
  7. bigger font size not page

bigger font size not page: I now have windows 11 on my PC. I need the text larger but I want the page to remain the same, not to zoom in on the entire page. How do I do that? I only see their solution to zoom in to make EVERYthing bigger. I hate that option. Please Help....
  8. Font size randomly getting bigger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size randomly getting bigger: When this happens, I have to change the text size from 100% to 115% or higher in Settings, then back to 100%. After that, it randomly reverts back to ~200% font size. This doesn't affect any number anywhere in Settings....
  9. Font size randomly getting bigger

Font size randomly getting bigger: When this happens, I have to change the text size from 100% to 115% or higher in Settings, then back to 100%. After that, it randomly reverts back to ~200% font size. This doesn't affect any number anywhere in Settings....
  10. the font size of desktop icons and task bar icon is very small, how can i make it bigger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the font size of desktop icons and task bar icon is very small, how can i make it bigger?: I need help increasing the font size of my desktop icons; it is very small. I made the icon size bigger by right-clicking on the desktop and clicking the view button and large icon, but the font size within the icon is very small. When I right click then I noticed that the...