Windows 10: I want to access files from my hard drive

Discus and support I want to access files from my hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My files are gone from the Desktop and Videos folders. The Documents, Downloads, Pictures, and Music folders, when tried to open, trigger a prompt that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by txlent, Jun 26, 2022.

1. txlent Win User

I want to access files from my hard drive

My files are gone from the Desktop and Videos folders. The Documents, Downloads, Pictures, and Music folders, when tried to open, trigger a prompt that reads "Location is not available" among more text. Please, can someone help me get access to my files? My laptop came with a 1 TB HDD. I bought and installed a new 1 TB NVME SSD. My plan was to fresh install Windows 10 on the new drive so that I could boot from it. Note that I want to keep the HDD so that I can still use it as extra storage. While downloading the Windows 10 installation media onto an USB flash drive my computer crashed and reb

:)

txlent, Jun 26, 2022
  2. Drone Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Platibus Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Jun 26, 2022
  4. I want to access files from my hard drive

Location is not available F:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. External hard drive

Hi,

Most of the time, when your external hard drive shows that error message, it suggests that you don’t have the privilege of accessing to the disk partition. We need to get a permit to take ownership of the drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click your hard drive, then select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click Advanced, then select Edit.
    • On the Owner tab, modify the ownership of the specified account.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

I want to access files from my hard drive

1. I want to access files from my hard drive - Similar Threads - access files hard

2. How to access desktop files from a previous hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access desktop files from a previous hard drive: I recently switched hard drives due to some unrelated issues with a cpu/motherboard. I had to do a fresh install of windows, and I am now running it through a different drive My C drive is now a different drive. My old drive F drive currently is still installed, and has all...
  3. How to access desktop files from a previous hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to access desktop files from a previous hard drive: I recently switched hard drives due to some unrelated issues with a cpu/motherboard. I had to do a fresh install of windows, and I am now running it through a different drive My C drive is now a different drive. My old drive F drive currently is still installed, and has all...
  4. I want to access files from my hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to access files from my hard drive: My files are gone from the Desktop and Videos folders. The Documents, Downloads, Pictures, and Music folders, when tried to open, trigger a prompt that reads "Location is not available" among more text. Please, can someone help me get access to my files? My laptop came with a...
  5. I want to access files from my hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to access files from my hard drive: My files are gone from the Desktop and Videos folders. The Documents, Downloads, Pictures, and Music folders, when tried to open, trigger a prompt that reads "Location is not available" among more text. Please, can someone help me get access to my files? My laptop came with a...
  6. Portable hard drive and accessing files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable hard drive and accessing files: I have located my portable hard drive on my laptop Windows 10, but I'm struggling to locate the files. I've tried the "hidden files" option but all I see is my hard drive icon. Can anyone help me to view the files? Thanks...
  7. I want to transfer files from my old computer's hard drive to my new compute's hard drive,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to transfer files from my old computer's hard drive to my new compute's hard drive,...: I connected my old hard drive to my new PC. The HDD has two partitions. I can enter into both of them, but when I try to open some of the folders it says "You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder". I...
  8. I lost access to my files on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    I lost access to my files on external hard drive: I am trying to find my old video file stored on external HDD. It is an AMV video that I did long ago....Unfortunately, that file is locked. When I was trying to unlock it, I received an error 0x80071771: The specified file could not be decrypted. This hdd had Windows XP on...
  9. access to files on hard drive from crashed laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    access to files on hard drive from crashed laptop: My laptop died and I have removed the harddrive and can access it through a usb connection on another laptop. While I have access to all my files on the e:drive, I can't open any of them. Note says I don't have permission to access. went to properties and changed access...
  10. How to access files hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to access files hard drive: Hi Folks, I have an ongoing problem due to a Windows update that installed overnight and I am unable to log in to my computer, and I cannot enter safe mode. I have blogged this separately. I want to be able to view and copy the files on my original Surface Pro computer...