Windows 10: I want to add a custom startup sound for my laptop

Discus and support I want to add a custom startup sound for my laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Instead of the regular startup sound I want it to play a sound that I downloaded. I also want to do this with other sounds like the low battery and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FlauntyPack56, Feb 21, 2020.

1. I want to add a custom startup sound for my laptop

Instead of the regular startup sound I want it to play a sound that I downloaded. I also want to do this with other sounds like the low battery and shut off sound.

submitted by /u/FlauntyPack56
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FlauntyPack56, Feb 21, 2020

2. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 21, 2020
  4. I want to add a custom startup sound for my laptop

windows10 startup sound not working

Hi,

For us to provide you with the a proper solution, are you only referring to the startup sound? If not, have you tried playing audio from different programs?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Sound troubleshooter in Control Panel to check for any errors.

Here are the steps:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and type Troubleshooting.
    • In the results, click on Troubleshooting (Control Panel).
    • In the Troubleshooting window, click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Sound, click on Playing audio.

Note: We also suggest that you run Hardware and Devices under Devices.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

I want to add a custom startup sound for my laptop

1. I want to add a custom startup sound for my laptop - Similar Threads - add custom startup

2. I want to add a custom property to a file. I don't want it to be added in filename.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to add a custom property to a file. I don't want it to be added in filename.: I want to add a custom property to all types of files. It should be always with the file even if move the file from windows to USB or vice versa. I tried using file stream but that has a limitation, it supports only on NTFS file system. Explored the property sheet handler as...
  3. I want to add a custom property to a file. I don't want it to be added in filename.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to add a custom property to a file. I don't want it to be added in filename.: I want to add a custom property to all types of files. It should be always with the file even if move the file from windows to USB or vice versa. I tried using file stream but that has a limitation, it supports only on NTFS file system. Explored the property sheet handler as...
  4. How can I apply my own custom startup sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I apply my own custom startup sound?: The startup sound (originally from 7 and Vista) is nice. But I would like to personalize it with my own startup sound. Any way to achieve this? submitted by /u/WackyH [link] [comments]...
  5. How to add Custom windows startup sound?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add Custom windows startup sound?: I did the reg edit for logoff logon and exit and set the exclude to 0 for all 3. I went into my sound settings and set Windows 95 as the noise for logon logoff and clicked apply and checked Window's startup soundbox. did the power button thing to see if that would fix the no...
  6. Customize Startup Sound

Customize Startup Sound: Hi, It would be cool if you were able to customize your startup sound. All the way back to v. 3.1. Can include any, but I will give a list of ones I think should be included. 3.1 95 4.0 5.0 98 2000/Me Whistler/XP Server 2003 Longhorn Vista/7 8/8.1 10 Cool if...
  7. Any way to add a custom Log-in/Sign-in sound? (Not startup sound)

Any way to add a custom Log-in/Sign-in sound? (Not startup sound): Like after typing in your PIN/Password. Been trying to help my brother do it but nothing seems to work. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/94884-how-play-sound-logon-sign-windows-10-a.html I've tried this out, didn't work. I've tried manually adding the task. I've tried...
  8. How to make a custom startup sound?

How to make a custom startup sound?: So after 4 hours, trying the "sounds" way, trying the "create a task" way I get nothing at all. And when I do the "sounds way" and enable windows startup sound I get the windows 8 sound no matter how much I change it submitted by /u/WesternRollsRoyce [link] [comments]...
  9. My custom startup sounds are not playing. Any suggestions?

My custom startup sounds are not playing. Any suggestions?: I was trying to change my startup sound to the windows 95 sound. i managed to do it but now when i turn on my HP laptop, the default sound plays. Pls help....
  10. Custom Startup Sound Plays on "RESTART" but not "STARTUP"

Custom Startup Sound Plays on "RESTART" but not "STARTUP": Most mysterious: I've tried everything I know, but the personal startup sound (.wav) I want (to complement my personalized LockScreen) shows as the selected WindowsLogon sound on the select screen, and plays when [>TEST] button pressed. The "Play Windows Startup sound" is...