Windows 10: I want to add external speakers to a hp laptop, can you tell me how to do this? the...

Discus and support I want to add external speakers to a hp laptop, can you tell me how to do this? the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; SAME AS ABOVE.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by samvlhl, Oct 2, 2018.

1. samvlhl Win User

I want to add external speakers to a hp laptop, can you tell me how to do this? the...

SAME AS ABOVE.

:)

samvlhl, Oct 2, 2018

2. External Speaker Problems with Windows 10

I have a set of external speakers that have been working fine on Win10 for nearly a year. Suddenly, my computer won't even recognize that any speakers are even plugged into any or the audio output jacks.

• I have tried updating the drivers numerous times.
    • When I run the troubleshooter, it only tells me to plug in the speakers.
    • I can't adjust the volume, because, again, the computer does not believe there are any speakers to adjust.
    • I have tried plugging another set of speakers into the computer with no change.
    • And, I have tried playing audio from my smartphone on both sets of speakers, and the speakers work just fine.

Really frustrated here. If anyone has any additional suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!!

ThomasHillebrant, Oct 2, 2018
  3. JoeKocek Win User
    External speaker setting

Have Toshiba L745 laptop with Window 7. Windows 10 was just installed(did it automatically I never wanted it). Besides burying my original desktop under about 3 or 4 windows my internal speakers didn't work. Made sure updates were installed. Through troubleshooting process
    I discovered that when external speakers were plugged in they worked. Further experimentation and I found that in order for the internal speakers to work I have to go into the speaker settings and manually change to speaker in order for them to work and for
    the external to work I have to go back into the settings and select headphones.

Prior to the windows 10 install the on board speakers would work and automatically toggle to external when an external speaker was plugged in.

Why now the extra step? Is there some way to have the speaker output automatically toggle like it used to?

JoeKocek, Oct 2, 2018
  4. I want to add external speakers to a hp laptop, can you tell me how to do this? the...

external speakers not working

so...i'm using asus rog laptop with conexant smartaudio HD drivers and recently i found out that when i connect my external speakers the sound plays from the internal ones. i tried reinstalling the drivers and checked under playback devices but the external
    speakers are not listed, tried enabling "show disabled devices" but still nothing. Any help would be much appreciated

kindredspirit1, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

I want to add external speakers to a hp laptop, can you tell me how to do this? the...

1. I want to add external speakers to a hp laptop, can you tell me how to do this? the... - Similar Threads - add external speakers

2. could you please tell me, how can i add my site with bing webmaster?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    could you please tell me, how can i add my site with bing webmaster?: Hi, I am behalf of InnBlockchain Pvt ltd, who has provide best crypto exchange development service, we would like to focus bing search engine, so, we need add bing web master tool on our site. kindly guide us to reach more audience for our business....
  3. could you please tell me, how can i add my site with bing webmaster?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    could you please tell me, how can i add my site with bing webmaster?: Hi, I am behalf of InnBlockchain Pvt ltd, who has provide best crypto exchange development service, we would like to focus bing search engine, so, we need add bing web master tool on our site. kindly guide us to reach more audience for our business....
  4. Can you tell me how to get it to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you tell me how to get it to open: when I try to log in to my computer it says Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again. Clicked set up my PIN. Then it say The user profile service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded....
  5. Can you tell me how to get it to open

Can you tell me how to get it to open: when I try to log in to my computer it says Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again. Clicked set up my PIN. Then it say The user profile service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded....
  6. How do I search for what I want, not what it tells me I want?

How do I search for what I want, not what it tells me I want?: I just want to change the power settings. It tells me I want PowerPoint and won't let me remove the "point" or change anything, or give me anything that tells me how to change the power settings. It tells me I want Office, not off. No, I don't want Office. I want to turn the...
  7. How do I search for what I want, not what it tells me I want?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I search for what I want, not what it tells me I want?: I just want to change the power settings. It tells me I want PowerPoint and won't let me remove the "point" or change anything, or give me anything that tells me how to change the power settings. It tells me I want Office, not off. No, I don't want Office. I want to turn the...
  8. Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download

Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download: Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download a desktop/screensaver with current, real time weather wallpaper for my desktop windows pc? free? Thank you?...
  9. I want to overclock my laptop, can you help me?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to overclock my laptop, can you help me?: Hi guys, as you can already read in the question, I want to overclock my laptop. I have already downloaded intel extreme tuning utility. My problem is that I can't play video games properly anymore because it keeps hanging [ATTACH] can you please tell me how to...
  10. can you tell me how to

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can you tell me how to: help I cavnt really do anything its really messes up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-tell-me-how-to/42d5e620-e771-4014-bfb5-e30feef462ef