Windows 10: I want to allow firefox to access my microphone

Discus and support I want to allow firefox to access my microphone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the apps list the only browser allowed to access my mic is explorer, which is the one I never use. I looked at the Microsoft community questions but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rexmundi1000, Apr 21, 2019.

1. I want to allow firefox to access my microphone

In the apps list the only browser allowed to access my mic is explorer, which is the one I never use. I looked at the Microsoft community questions but others had asked this question but the moderators didn't seem to have read it, as they were answering the wrong question, so it's the app setting on my pc, not permissions on firefox and google I need help with please.

:)

rexmundi1000, Apr 21, 2019
  2. Rolly13 Win User

Microphone not working properly after upgrade to 1803

After upgrade to 1803 my microphone is not working properly. I googeld and found many times this answer:

1. Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"
    2. Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"
    3. Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to ON
    Among the apps that are showing is Edge. There the mike is working, but on chrome and my games microphone is not working

Rolly13, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Microphone not working

Hey there Carissa, could you try this for me?

Open Settings.

Click on Privacy.

Click on Microphone.

Turn on the Allow apps to access your microphone toggle switch.

After completing the steps, you also want to make sure to check the list and enable microphone access for the apps you want, if they're currently disabled. In the case the feature isn't enable, click the Change button and turn on the toggle switch.

SonGoku'sSon, Apr 21, 2019
  4. NiklasG Win User

I want to allow firefox to access my microphone

Microphone not working on Windows 10 Version 1803

In addition to

• Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone (left column)
    • Make sure "Microphone access for this device is on"
    • And switch "Allow access to the microphone on this device" to on

as Ermish's suggested, I had to

• disable and enable one of my microphones for the changes to apply apply.

Then all my microphones worked again.

NiklasG, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

I want to allow firefox to access my microphone

1. I want to allow firefox to access my microphone - Similar Threads - allow firefox access

2. I need help with allowing apps access to microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with allowing apps access to microphone: Not able to find out how to access to microphone in games, my plug in headphones with microphone work on computer just not in games and I’ve already to to allow access to the apps through microphone > privacy > allow access then it says choose apps to allow microphone access...
  3. I need help with allowing apps access to microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with allowing apps access to microphone: Not able to find out how to access to microphone in games, my plug in headphones with microphone work on computer just not in games and I’ve already to to allow access to the apps through microphone > privacy > allow access then it says choose apps to allow microphone access...
  4. Any 3rd party Microphone will not allow access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any 3rd party Microphone will not allow access.: So, The built microphone will work with all apps Microphone ArrayIf I plug anything else in, Sennheiser Edgerunners, LG Zone920, Airpods ECT.When I select those devices as the microiphone as the system defualt and change it inside any application, Teams, RingCentral,Zoom.I...
  5. Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone

Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone: Hey, Ive used the screenrec app on my computer before and it has always worked just fine, but today I found that it wasn't recording audio. I went to my security and privacy folder and tried turning on permission to the mic but it gave me a message that some apps may not be...
  6. Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone: Hey, Ive used the screenrec app on my computer before and it has always worked just fine, but today I found that it wasn't recording audio. I went to my security and privacy folder and tried turning on permission to the mic but it gave me a message that some apps may not be...
  7. Messenger error message "You'll need to allow microphone for calls. Allow Microphone Access"

Messenger error message "You'll need to allow microphone for calls. Allow Microphone Access": Hello everyone, since one of the past updates last quarter of the year 2019, I could no longer do video calls thru messenger. My built-in speaker and microphone Laptop HP 15 -bs111ng suddenly is no longer "found" by the system. I have been using a headphone with built in...
  8. How do I allow Firefox access to my camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I allow Firefox access to my camera: Under Privacy Camera Firefox is not listed as application. How do I allow Firefox access to my webcam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-allow-firefox-access-to-my-camera/caa80e03-a5d7-43c1-8750-520490a5e4ed"
  9. Allow microphone access popup isn't showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow microphone access popup isn't showing: When I click to unmute myself it says to click allow on the microphone access popup but it won't show, and if your answer is to make sure it's not blocked or go to the settings and click default then that also doesn't work....
  10. microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone > 'allow apps to access mic': in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely this is extremely bad...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow access for microphone in firefox and steam