Windows 10: I want to block youtube, but do not have admin permission to edit, despite logging in as admin

Discus and support I want to block youtube, but do not have admin permission to edit, despite logging in as admin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to block youtube. I have attempted to follow this process: 1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaytonPrice, Nov 4, 2020.

1. I want to block youtube, but do not have admin permission to edit, despite logging in as admin

I want to block youtube.

I have attempted to follow this process:

1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

2. Double-click hosts, and select Notepad when Windows prompts you to choose a program.

3. Place the cursor at the end of the last line, which will say something such as “127.0.0.1 localhost” or “::1 localhost”. Press Enter to create a new line.

4. Typed 127.0.0.1 www.youtube.com on this line.

But when I attempt to save, i get the message C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.txt You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission.

But I am logged in on the administrator account.

What could be going on?

:)

JaytonPrice, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Win7 User Admin permissions broken

Basically it's an administrative user not the root admin , I don't know what it went wrong with settings and i forogot , but the permissions for it account were messed and now it cannot delete/edit sometimes stuff that came from rar or downloader or even installs, plus cannot uninstal most of programs , it's only possible with root admin (hidden), is there a way to restore these privilegies.

Also the error points "You need administrative privilegies from Administrators/[Nickname] "
    BUT I AM THE DAMN USER !!!!

It's not my PC so i really don't want to dig it up from scratch.

The PC has RAID0 so basically im not going to go over that again with a reinstall/reformat. ... takes time.

RuskiSnajper, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Matt18 Win User

I want to block youtube, but do not have admin permission to edit, despite logging in as admin

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

I want to block youtube, but do not have admin permission to edit, despite logging in as admin

1. I want to block youtube, but do not have admin permission to edit, despite logging in as admin - Similar Threads - block youtube admin

2. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin account that does not have admin permissions: My Windows 10 account is an administrator account. Lately when I try to update an app or install a new app, I am prompted that the action cannot be done without administrator permissions. Um, doesn't an administrator account have administrator permissions? This is getting...
  3. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin account that does not have admin permissions: My Windows 10 account is an administrator account. Lately when I try to update an app or install a new app, I am prompted that the action cannot be done without administrator permissions. Um, doesn't an administrator account have administrator permissions? This is getting...
  4. Admin account that does not have admin permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I have no admin permissions, what do I do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have no admin permissions, what do I do?: My local profile doesn't have administrator permissions anymore, and I do not know the windows administrator profiles password. I cannot make any changes to my computer at all. If I want to do something that needs admin privileges, I'm prompted with the "Do you want to allow...
  6. I have no admin permissions, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no admin permissions, what do I do?: My local profile doesn't have administrator permissions anymore, and I do not know the windows administrator profiles password. I cannot make any changes to my computer at all. If I want to do something that needs admin privileges, I'm prompted with the "Do you want to allow...
  7. I have no admin permissions, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Admin permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin permissions: So, in the printers permission dialog box I somehow checked that no one has permission to control a printer. I cannot remove printer to start over again and reset permissions. Is there any work around as an admin to personal computer to correct this. I removed all instance...
  9. Admin Permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin Permissions: I am the sole user of my laptop. I am the administrator, as well. I'm trying to move some music files from 1 USB flash drive to another. I keep getting a message stating I will need to provide administrative permissions to copy this file. When I continue I'm then required...
  10. Admin Log-in Confusion - Win10 - Want to be me, but not admin.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Log-in Confusion - Win10 - Want to be me, but not admin.: I understand that always being logged in as administrator can leave me open to unsavory intrusions into my computer, etc. But I haven't been able to find an answer to this simple question: When I log in to my computer, choosing MY profile which is listed as administrator...