Windows 10: I want to burn an audio cd in Windows Media player, but when I rip the cd it saves as a...

Discus and support I want to burn an audio cd in Windows Media player, but when I rip the cd it saves as a... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I want to burn a cd to my WMP. Problem is it saves as a Groove music file and can not then be burned as an MP3 disc to use on my hi fi system. On my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by artisan(2), Dec 20, 2018.

1. I want to burn an audio cd in Windows Media player, but when I rip the cd it saves as a...

I want to burn a cd to my WMP. Problem is it saves as a Groove music file and can not then be burned as an MP3 disc to use on my hi fi system.

On my current attempt to burn to disc the media player has frozen and can not be shut down because it thinks it is still burning. Which it isn't.

I have never had any problems before.

Why do I even have Groove. I don't want it. I was perfectly happy with Windows Media Player? All it does is screw things up.

:)

artisan(2), Dec 20, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

how to burn audio cd with media player

Hello,

With Windows Media Player, it enables you to burn your audio files to a CD. For information about burning CDs using Windows Media Player, kindly see
    Burn and rip CDs.

If you have further questions about Windows Media Player, feel free to ask us.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

David Haz, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Windows Media Player unable to rip CD

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

A. Are you able to burn CD’s using other programs?

B. Are you getting any error while you try to burn CD?

C. From when are you facing this issue?

If you bring up windows media player, then make a burn list, then insert disk to burn the music it will gray out the burn button. But if you insert the disk then bring up media player it will not be grayed out.

To burn an audio CD do the following:

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

1. Click the Burn tab, click the arrow below the
    Burn tab, and then click Audio CD (this is the default choice).

2. Insert a blank CD-R disc into your CD burner.

3. If necessary, click the Clear List pane button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

4. Find the items in your library
    that you want to copy to the audio CD.

5. To create a burn list, drag items from the Details pane (the pane in the middle of the library) to the List pane (the pane on the right side of the library).

Refer the below link for further reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/burn-cd-or-dvd-media-player.

Hope it helps.

Reply us with the update of the issue.

We are glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 20, 2018
  4. I want to burn an audio cd in Windows Media player, but when I rip the cd it saves as a...

rip and burn cd's on windows 10

My HP computer came with a software to rip and burn CDs called CyberLink = I finally just broke down and upgraded that software (I had windows 8 and upgraded to Windows 10 in Aug 15) to rip and burn CDs and that works for me. I haven't seen any suggestions
    that really work on how to make Windows media player burn CDs . My analysis is that windows media player may rip the CD to your computer, but you will never be able to successfully burn that CD to another disk! It is a shame that the Microsoft engineers
    will not design a upgrade to Windows media player to make it work on windows 10 to rip and burn CDs. I never intend to use Groove Music for any purpose!

JacquelineKay1, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

I want to burn an audio cd in Windows Media player, but when I rip the cd it saves as a...

1. I want to burn an audio cd in Windows Media player, but when I rip the cd it saves as a... - Similar Threads - burn audio Media

2. I want to rip a new CD to WDMycloud, via Media Player.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to rip a new CD to WDMycloud, via Media Player.: I want to rip a new CD to WDMycloud, via Media Player. When I try to add a location where to store this new CD rather than 'music', I click on network, but Media player cannot see anything on my network including WDMycloud. However, wthin explorere, when I click on network I...
  3. I want to rip a new CD to WDMycloud, via Media Player.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to rip a new CD to WDMycloud, via Media Player.: I want to rip a new CD to WDMycloud, via Media Player. When I try to add a location where to store this new CD rather than 'music', I click on network, but Media player cannot see anything on my network including WDMycloud. However, wthin explorere, when I click on network I...
  4. Ripping CD to Windows Media Player

Ripping CD to Windows Media Player: I'm trying to rip a cd but I keep getting this message: Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD. I have ripped 6 others without incident....
  5. Ripping CD to Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ripping CD to Windows Media Player: I'm trying to rip a cd but I keep getting this message: Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD. I have ripped 6 others without incident....
  6. How do I rip a cd then burn a copy in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I rip a cd then burn a copy in Windows Media Player: I finally restored Windows Media Player to my PC. Now I'm trying to Rip an audio CD to burn a copy of that CD. I can 't find the RIP CD button. I clicked on create a Playlist. I entered the name of the child's audiobook, Hey Grandude and the Artist, Paul McCartney, yes the...
  7. How do I rip a cd then burn a copy in Windows Media Player

How do I rip a cd then burn a copy in Windows Media Player: I finally restored Windows Media Player to my PC. Now I'm trying to Rip an audio CD to burn a copy of that CD. I can 't find the RIP CD button. I clicked on create a Playlist. I entered the name of the child's audiobook, Hey Grandude and the Artist, Paul McCartney, yes the...
  8. How do I rip a cd then burn a copy in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Ripping cd's in Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ripping cd's in Media Player: I am trying to rip cd's to my laptop using Media Player and keep getting the message 'Media Player cannot rip one or more cd's'. What is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-cds-in-media-player/6b8143b8-eb5f-4154-b930-d4465e9a20d0
  10. CD RIP in Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD RIP in Media Player: RIP option does not come on in Windows Media Player when I load a CD. The songs are shown correctly in the listing but I am unable to rip to file. This has always worked OK before today....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does groove music has a burner