Windows 10: I want to buy a new graphics card but not sure if my computer is compatible

Discus and support I want to buy a new graphics card but not sure if my computer is compatible in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want a better graphics card so I can play better games the one I was looking at was GTX 1050Ti 4G DDR5 but I've never done this before and am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MosesGutierrez, Nov 16, 2020.

1. I want to buy a new graphics card but not sure if my computer is compatible

I want a better graphics card so I can play better games the one I was looking at was GTX 1050Ti 4G DDR5 but I've never done this before and am not sure if my computer is compatible with it, and I'm not sure how to do it or if there are more steps to installing it than it seems. I'm trying to add it to my windows 10

:)

MosesGutierrez, Nov 16, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Nov 16, 2020
  3. compatibility of graphics card

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to contact the manufacturer and see if the drivers are available for Windows 10.If the drivers are not available you can run the drivers for the graphics card in compatibility mode and see if it helps.

Now, to install in Compatibility Mode, follow these steps:

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the driver installation program.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8 with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

e. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

Hope this helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Nov 16, 2020
  4. I want to buy a new graphics card but not sure if my computer is compatible

Old Graphics Card not compatible, upgraded this but the App does not recognise new one

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Graphics Card
    from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Download the drivers from manufacture's website for Windows 10, if there no drivers available for Windows 10, download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and
    try installing it in compatibility mode.
    Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

I want to buy a new graphics card but not sure if my computer is compatible

1. I want to buy a new graphics card but not sure if my computer is compatible - Similar Threads - buy graphics card

2. I uninstall my graphics card in the device manager and I want to review my graphics card in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstall my graphics card in the device manager and I want to review my graphics card in...: Hello, I did a restore point before but when I restore it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstall-my-graphics-card-in-the-device-manager/7a10236d-26ce-4f0c-8558-dd4fc5cabdab
  3. I uninstall my graphics card in the device manager and I want to review my graphics card in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstall my graphics card in the device manager and I want to review my graphics card in...: Hello, I did a restore point before but when I restore it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstall-my-graphics-card-in-the-device-manager/7a10236d-26ce-4f0c-8558-dd4fc5cabdab
  4. I uninstall my graphics card in the device manager and I want to review my graphics card in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Graphics card compatibly error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphics card compatibly error: Equipment: Alienware 17 laptop Core I7-4710MQ, 16 GB memory, Intel hd graphics 4600, GTX 860M, 250 GB SSD, 500 GB HDD, Windows 10 pro 64-bit build 18363 Fortnite was giving an error saying I needed to update my gpu driver. When I update my driver, it says it isn't compatible...
  6. New Graphics Card Compatible with Viewsonic VP2770 Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Graphics Card Compatible with Viewsonic VP2770 Monitor: I have a Viewsonic monitor model VP2770 operating at its maximum resolution of 2560x1440 pixels via a DVD-DL cable. The monitor has the following digital inputs: DVI-D Dual Link Display Port 1.2 HDMI 1.4 (max 1920x1080 for PC or 2560x1440 for Mac) New high resolution...
  7. Graphics Card not Compatible with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Card not Compatible with Windows 10?: Hello, I have a question. I have a graphics card that is compatible with win 7, but now I have upgraded to windows 10. Can no longer detect my graphics card. Should I buy a new one or can I upgrade my GPU so it can be compatible with win 10? Does windows 10 have a driver that...
  8. Im not sure if my PCs mother board is compatable with this graphics card

Im not sure if my PCs mother board is compatable with this graphics card: My PCs graphics card doesn’t work anymore so need to buy a new one and im not sure if the EVGA geforce gt 710 compatible with the hp pavilion elite hpe-250f desktop pc (im not sure on what the mother board is so i just named my PC)
  9. Graphics card compatibility

Graphics card compatibility: Hi, I have ATI Radeon HD 4830 graphic card. I'd like to upgrade it to AMD R9 270 2GB DDR5 graphic card. Is the same slot that goes to Radeon HD 4830 is enough for R9 270? Do I need to upgrade Motherboard as well? Thanks 21576
  10. Motherboard to Graphics card compatibility

Motherboard to Graphics card compatibility: I have an older graphics card, GeForce 9500gt, and I would like to find out if it will be compatible to a newer motherboard, Asus A88XM-A. I have been searching for a list that would let me just compare the two, but can't find too much information for devices that are older....