Windows 10: I want to change a place where caresa saves files by default

Discus and support I want to change a place where caresa saves files by default in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, on my Surface Go with the newest version of Windows 10 I'm not able to change the location of recorded videos - it's OneDrives's CameraRoll by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Partol, May 11, 2020.

1. Partol Win User

I want to change a place where caresa saves files by default

Hi,

on my Surface Go with the newest version of Windows 10 I'm not able to change the location of recorded videos - it's OneDrives's CameraRoll by design with no possibility to change it.

The funny thing is that when I go to the camera setting and click a link to folders settings, everything is set to be saved to C drive and there is nothing more to choose. I know, that OneDrive has its local copy and it's ok. But I'm recording long videos and I don't want them to be sent to OneDrive because I don't have enough place there please don't advise me to buy OneDrive Premium, it's not a solution!. And I want to have the possibility to choose the location where they are saved.

Do I have to get a third-party camera app to save files locally because Microsoft knows better that I always should save my videos to OneDrive? Isn't it a bit stupid? I can't even uninstall the OneDrive addicted default camera app, which is simply annoying.

Regards

:)

Partol, May 11, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, May 11, 2020
  3. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, May 11, 2020
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings

I am trying to save my files to OneDrive as a default. It has always worked as my default. For some reason, the default save location is now Recent. Something caused it to change. All default locations settings in Word Options, my computer and OneDrive settings are set to save to OneDrive. It appears my computer does not recognize these default settings.

Do you have any suggestions how I can have my default locations for files change back to OneDrive?

I use Windows 10. My computer is Dell XPS 8910.

See Screenshots. Screenshot with Recent highlighted shows my current default location as Recent. OneDrive should be highlighted.

Also, I reinstalled Microsoft Office.

Jerry

Jerry

Jerry8A, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. I want to change a place where caresa saves files by default - Similar Threads - change place where

2. Where is the best place to delete duplicate pictures or ones I do not want to save? I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the best place to delete duplicate pictures or ones I do not want to save? I have...: I have pictures saved in multiple files on my desktop, and in my picture file on my phone. I have deleted duplicates and ones I don't want on both and they keep coming back. Is there ONE "master" place to make deletes?...
  3. I want to open a file and change the default program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to open a file and change the default program: I want to open a file but my default program is paint and my only other choice is to download one from the store but the program I would like to use is not on the store...
  4. I want to open a file and change the default program

I want to open a file and change the default program: I want to open a file but my default program is paint and my only other choice is to download one from the store but the program I would like to use is not on the store...
  5. Want to reset "Change where new content is saved"

Want to reset "Change where new content is saved": I used "Change where new content is saved" setting. It does not work as i was thinking and now i need it reset as it was before. So used it and change location to E: and D: drive. Some files just get moved from C: drive and i dont want them there. I want to move to their...
  6. Want to reset "Change where new content is saved"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to reset "Change where new content is saved": I used "Change where new content is saved" setting. It does not work as i was thinking and now i need it reset as it was before. So used it and change location to E: and D: drive. Some files just get moved from C: drive and i dont want them there. I want to move to their...
  7. Want to reset "Change where new content is saved"

8. Lost captures folder and want to revert to default saving place?

Lost captures folder and want to revert to default saving place?: Lost captures folder. All screenshots and recordings and dvr's end up in C:\Users\enosj\AppData\Local\Temp and i'd like it to be the default way and dont know how to revert it back to something simple like S:\Users\enosj\Videos\Captures...
  9. Change default save as file format

Change default save as file format: Hi Normally my laptop default save as file is jpeg. Recently I downloaded tiff file to my laptop. And now my default save as file change to tiff format. Please help how to change back to jpeg format....
  10. I want to know where is this place?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to know where is this place?: I want to know where is this place? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-where-is-this-place/e3c518c9-de22-4ef9-b06d-0278f8c42d05