Windows 10: I want to change file explorer view for Downloads folder

Discus and support I want to change file explorer view for Downloads folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Currently my Downloads folder in File Explorer shows sub-headings like Today and Last month. I would like to change it to a straight list without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IImaginethat, Jan 7, 2020.

1. I want to change file explorer view for Downloads folder

Currently my Downloads folder in File Explorer shows sub-headings like Today and Last month. I would like to change it to a straight list without sub-headings. I've fiddled unsuccessfully with the View options. This is the only folder where this happens, and I'd like to lose it. But how?

:)

IImaginethat, Jan 7, 2020

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Jan 7, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

I want to change file explorer view for Downloads folder

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

I want to change file explorer view for Downloads folder

1. I want to change file explorer view for Downloads folder - Similar Threads - change file explorer

2. How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders: I am a sound designer and I found really annoying that windows always tries to view my sound folders as they would be some music folders. I found that I can change the default view for all the folders from the folder options solution for example here. That works nicely for...
  3. How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders: I am a sound designer and I found really annoying that windows always tries to view my sound folders as they would be some music folders. I found that I can change the default view for all the folders from the folder options solution for example here. That works nicely for...
  4. How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File Explorer Folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Folder view: Has there been a solution to the age old problem of the File Explorer Folder view randomly changing? 183414
  6. Change Downloads Folder View Aug2020

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Downloads Folder View Aug2020: What I want (/had, pre-recent update): Folder View Large Icons, Sort by Date Modified (Descending), Folders before loose files. The Problem: Can't Customize system's default Computer/Downloads folder (Read Only); Can't create working shortcut to actual...
  7. File Explorer folder view changed after update

File Explorer folder view changed after update: Following this month's Windows update, the folder view in File Explorer has changed, and I can't work out how to change it back to normal. Here's a screen shot of what I see now: [ATTACH] The extra column for number of items is a waste of space. How do I make it go away?...
  8. Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer

Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer: New to Windows 10 here from Windows 7 and am having lots of difficulty adjusting to how to see my folders and files. For example, I don't want to see clusters of numerically named folders and files and then A-H, I-P etc. I want to see all folders on top, in order of date...
  9. File Explorer folder view

File Explorer folder view: On a working folder, my desktop File Explorer has "Add Columns" grayed out. Likewise all parent folders up to and including "Documents." If I copy that same working folder to a thumb drive, then File Explorer on the desktop reading the thumb drive WILL allow me to add...
  10. View in "Downloads" folder in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    View in "Downloads" folder in windows explorer: My Downloads folder sorts my downloads by name but it also sorts them by date categories. Exp: Yesterday - Last Week - Last Month - A Long Time Ago. I didn't have those time divisions before, they were just sorted by name. How do I get the Yesterday - Last Week - Last Month -...