Windows 10: I want to change my default font but cannot get it to hold.

Discus and support I want to change my default font but cannot get it to hold. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm not having success in changing my default font. I've tried going into settings & tried changing it in a new Word Doc. I cannot seem to get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SharonCStewart, May 6, 2021.

1. I want to change my default font but cannot get it to hold.

I'm not having success in changing my default font. I've tried going into settings & tried changing it in a new Word Doc. I cannot seem to get the fonts to stay. They keep reverting back to the default. Even when I try changing for a new blank doc, it will not hold for the entire doc.Your assistance is needed & will be appreciated.Regards,Sharon S

:)

SharonCStewart, May 6, 2021

2. change my fonts ??

Hi Edgar,

There are several steps that you can follow to change default fonts. In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions for you:

• Which fonts are you trying to change, is it on a specific application or your Windows computer font?

Regards.

Darian Tab, May 6, 2021
  3. How to change font size in Windows 10 and set them to default?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As your concern is about changing the font size, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to font size in Windows operating system/ with in the Windows Live Mail?
    • Have you installed any fonts on your device?

If you are referring to font size in Windows operating system, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Steps to restore the default font settings.

• Press Windows key, type font and select
      Change Font Settings
    • Click on Restore default font settings.
    • Sign-out from the current user account and re-sign in and check if it helps.

Step 2: Change the font settings

• Press Windows key, type font and select View fonts installed.
    • Click on Change font size in the left pane.
    • Under Change the text only, click on the drop down arrow choose the appropriate option and change the size you wish to and click on
      Apply.

If you are referring to Windows Live Mail, I would like to inform that it is by design you cannot change the font settings to default on Windows Live Mail. Instead, you can choose appropriate font size and fonts while typing the mail.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, May 6, 2021
  4. I want to change my default font but cannot get it to hold.

How to change the default font on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you willing to change the default font on Windows 10. I will be glad to help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.

• Click on System

• There’s a slider on this page that you can use to change the size of text, apps and other items.

I hope the above information helps. If you have any other queries related to Windows10 products, feel free to reply and I'll be happy to further assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, May 6, 2021
Thema:

I want to change my default font but cannot get it to hold.

1. I want to change my default font but cannot get it to hold. - Similar Threads - change default font

2. i want to change font style on Command Prompt but it's always set back to default font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to change font style on Command Prompt but it's always set back to default font: the default font is SimSun-ExtB. i want to change to Ubuntu Mono ,already installed the font, it's also appear as an option on Font setting too, i set both Defaults and Properties' font to Ubuntu Mono but the font style doesn't changed at all. while Defaults font is set to...
  3. i want to change font style on Command Prompt but it's always set back to default font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to change font style on Command Prompt but it's always set back to default font: the default font is SimSun-ExtB. i want to change to Ubuntu Mono ,already installed the font, it's also appear as an option on Font setting too, i set both Defaults and Properties' font to Ubuntu Mono but the font style doesn't changed at all. while Defaults font is set to...
  4. i want to change my default drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to change my default drive: my c drive space is too low and too much space is taken by microsoft apps so i don't have much space to use in c drive and that's why my pc is running slow i want to change my default drive...
  5. i want to change my default drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to change my default drive: my c drive space is too low and too much space is taken by microsoft apps so i don't have much space to use in c drive and that's why my pc is running slow i want to change my default drive...
  6. I want to change Windows 10 system font to default one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to change Windows 10 system font to default one: Hey, i recently changed my Windows 10 font. But it caused some problems, then I decided to change it back to default one. I used the same method again but nothing changed. How do I change this to default one? Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  7. Changing default font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing default font: Hello: Just want to understand why Windows 10 lacks a basic, simple function to select a different default system font. I see recommendations from Microsoft to use third party procedures and use regedit? Is this really the Microsoft recommended way? After performing a...
  8. Change default fonts

Change default fonts: Windows 10 Pro 1903 I want to change all my default fonts to Segoe Bold, size 11 I can most of it with Winaero Tweaker, but not the system font. The font substitute category of the registry doesn't have Segoe. I found a site that explained how to to add Segoe to the font...
  9. Change of default fonts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change of default fonts: Does anyone know how to fix this font issue? Did a registry edit, tried restoring to default and no luck. Please help. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-of-default-fonts/1b611ef6-f34b-4971-acb6-603be0572999
  10. Changing default font

Changing default font: It seems the default font on this WIndows is Arial and it's really ugly, especially when reading an entire page in Chrome or in any other browser. Tried to change the font in all browsers- no result. It can change only the size- Arial still there. It bugs me that it's...