Windows 10: I want to change my main monitor without changing my monitor orientation.

Discus and support I want to change my main monitor without changing my monitor orientation. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I play video games on my gaming laptop, and I have my monitors perfectly how I like them, but I get my notifications on my gaming monitor. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Little Reckliss, Oct 2, 2018.

1. I want to change my main monitor without changing my monitor orientation.

I play video games on my gaming laptop, and I have my monitors perfectly how I like them, but I get my notifications on my gaming monitor. I want to change which monitor I get my notifications on without changing the orientation of my monitors. Usually, the main monitor is the closest monitor to the left, but I want to change it so the main monitor will be the closest monitor to the right. is there any way of doing this? Thanks!

:)

Little Reckliss, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Ebby89 Win User

Changed 2nd monitor orientation to portrait. Cannot change it back to landscape.

Using windows 10 on a desktop PC with dual monitors.

Navigated to the display options.

Changed monitor#2 to portrait. Worked normally.

Later (same day) tried to change monitor#2 back to landscape, both screen resolution AND orientation menus are now greyed out ONLY for monitor #2 (the monitor switched into portrait view).

Drivers are 100% up to date.

Hotkeys (ctrl, alt, up/down/sideways) do not do anything to either of my monitors orientations.

How can I enable the resolution and orientation dropdowns again?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / PC

Ebby89, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Ebby89 Win User
    Changed 2nd monitor orientation to portrait. Cannot change it back to landscape.

Edit:

Screen resolution / orientation menus are only greyed out for monitor#2.

I am able to change both for monitor#1 as normal.

Ebby89, Oct 2, 2018
  4. szymon89 Win User

I want to change my main monitor without changing my monitor orientation.

Windows 10 pivot monitor (vertical orientation)

I awere about that Change screen orientation.
    It is work perfectly fine until I set my external monitor as main screen (when my laptop monitor is set as main screen it is ok). After I click Make this my main display box, exteranal monitor display image
    as it should, but cursor behave as before change orientation. (more over cursor changed orientation on laptop screen up for mouse is right for cursor).

szymon89, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

I want to change my main monitor without changing my monitor orientation.

1. I want to change my main monitor without changing my monitor orientation. - Similar Threads - change main monitor

2. I want to show the taskbar action centre on all my monitors, without changing the primary...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to show the taskbar action centre on all my monitors, without changing the primary...: Hi This is my dual monitor setup. I want to show the taskbar action centre on all my monitors, without changing the primary monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-show-the-taskbar-action-centre-on-all-my/98370c3c-fb0b-481e-8f4f-57da3354775c
  3. I want to show the taskbar action centre on all my monitors, without changing the primary...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to show the taskbar action centre on all my monitors, without changing the primary...: Hi This is my dual monitor setup. I want to show the taskbar action centre on all my monitors, without changing the primary monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-show-the-taskbar-action-centre-on-all-my/98370c3c-fb0b-481e-8f4f-57da3354775c
  4. How to turn of my second monitor without everything moving to the main monitor ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to turn of my second monitor without everything moving to the main monitor ?: HiI would like to be able to turn of one or both my monitors, without having to reorganise everything when I turn them back on again, as it is now, when I turn off my second monitor everything positioned on that monitor moves to the main monitor, is there a way to turn this...
  5. How to turn of my second monitor without everything moving to the main monitor ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn of my second monitor without everything moving to the main monitor ?: HiI would like to be able to turn of one or both my monitors, without having to reorganise everything when I turn them back on again, as it is now, when I turn off my second monitor everything positioned on that monitor moves to the main monitor, is there a way to turn this...
  6. How to turn of my second monitor without everything moving to the main monitor ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. 2 monitors, change main

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 monitors, change main: I have 2 monitors, I switched them physically a couple days. they are like this in |display| 1 2 this way when I go from 1 to 2 the mouse travels to the right, as opposed to me having to go LEFT to get to the rt monitor. However, I want 2 to be 1 as far as start menu and...
  8. Main monitor causing black screen on both my main monitor and secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Main monitor causing black screen on both my main monitor and secondary monitor: As the title says, my main monitor is connected via hdmi and the secondary via DVI. Have been using both monitors for years, was working fine up until a few days ago. Computer would boot but neither neither screen came on, waited until my system auto logged on and tried...
  9. How do i change monitor inputs without changing screen (Dual Monitors)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i change monitor inputs without changing screen (Dual Monitors): I have an HDMI switcher hooked up to my switch and my pc. I usually have something playing on Youtube on my second monitor for background noise and whenever i switch the HDMI the whole window shifts to my main monitor. Is there a way to have Windows not change anything when...
  10. Will moving desktop icons on a second monitor change them on the main monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will moving desktop icons on a second monitor change them on the main monitor?: I have a HDMI switcher on my main monitor. When I'm not displaying my PC on it, everything switches to my second monitor which is smaller so the desktop icons are all funky. If I move them around when they're on the second monitor, will they be moved when they go back to the...