Windows 10: I want to change my Microsoft Account linked user account name

Discus and support I want to change my Microsoft Account linked user account name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got a new computer and I used a different Microsoft Account name than I wanted, weirdly, there was NO choose name option, I can't seem to change it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EpicWin294, Oct 15, 2020.

1. I want to change my Microsoft Account linked user account name

I got a new computer and I used a different Microsoft Account name than I wanted, weirdly, there was NO choose name option, I can't seem to change it. What can I do?

:)

EpicWin294, Oct 15, 2020

2. How do I change the user account name when it is linked to a Microsoft account?

Hi Park,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest in Windows 10.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I'd be glad to help you.

I would suggest you to login to an administrator account using your Microsoft account and follow these steps below:

1) Type User accounts on search bar on desktop, then click on
    User accounts tile in the list.

2) Click on Change your account name in the User accounts
    Window.

3) Type a new account name in the Change Your Name
    Window, then click on Change Name button and check, if it works.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

I want to change my Microsoft Account linked user account name

Account name user name

Ok, let's review.
    • Your Microsoft account aliases do not have the len address listed.
    • Your Microsoft account name online is correct.
    • You have a local account on the PC with the len address shown under "Your info".

I'm pretty sure you are signed in to an app with the len address, and is why you are seeing this.

As a test, click on the "Stop signing in to all Microsoft apps automatically" link below to see if that may remove it.

I want to change my Microsoft Account linked user account name [​IMG]

Brink, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

I want to change my Microsoft Account linked user account name

1. I want to change my Microsoft Account linked user account name - Similar Threads - change Microsoft Account

2. Change user account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change user account name: A long time ago, I named my user andre and signed-in with my microsoft account. there was a typo and it was suppose to be andrew. now my user folder is named andre on every new PC I buy as I have to sign in with a MSFT account. Anyway to fix this?...
  3. Change user account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change user account name: A long time ago, I named my user andre and signed-in with my microsoft account. there was a typo and it was suppose to be andrew. now my user folder is named andre on every new PC I buy as I have to sign in with a MSFT account. Anyway to fix this?...
  4. Changing names of user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing names of user accounts: Is it OK to change the name of a user in the ‘users’ section of File Explorer inside This PC/Windows? I have one listed as ‘new user’ and would rather give it a more meaningful name....
  5. Change name of user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change name of user account: I have an admin user account named "Admin". After I created it, I linked it with my Microsoft account which bears the name of "Shmuel". However, the system still calls the account "Admin". For instance, the path is C:\Users\Admin I want to change the name to "Shmuel", because...
  6. I want to change the microsoft account linked to my windows user. Tutorials tell me to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to change the microsoft account linked to my windows user. Tutorials tell me to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jurpy_the_durpy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kkpxv9/i_want_to_change_the_microsoft_account_linked_to/
  7. I want to change name of my Microsoft account in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change name of my Microsoft account in windows 10: While creating Microsoft account there was an spelling mistake on my name i want to change that which is already login my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-name-of-my-microsoft-account-in/be2cdd7a-287c-4c04-afbc-3e213eab916f
  8. Microsoft Account --> Change "Users" Name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account --> Change "Users" Name.: Ok, so I created a Microsoft Account and Windows seemed to assign the first 4 letters of my "sign-in e-mail" as my C: > Users name. What's the best way to change my "Users" name in C drive? Also, how do I delete profile images under "Settings" ? I see how I can switch...
  9. User Account Name Change

User Account Name Change: Final result of this whole process: JUST CREATE A NEW USERNAME AND START ALL OVER. Weird/odd things keep popping up. The sound issue, random program errors, and random instability with Windows (I clicked the wifi button in notifications to turn it off the other day to move...
  10. Change user account name?

Change user account name?: Having created a Msoft admin account in form, say, def7936@...., I then created a local account with admin powers, which I called Forename. However I see that all my local account documents are in C:\users\def79, an abbreviation of the Msoft version, not Forename, as desired....