Windows 10: I want to change my Microsoft Account

Discus and support I want to change my Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got a new computer and I used a different Microsoft Account than I wanted, even though it's mine, I can't seem to change it. What can I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EpicWin294, Oct 14, 2020.

1. I want to change my Microsoft Account

I got a new computer and I used a different Microsoft Account than I wanted, even though it's mine, I can't seem to change it. What can I do?

:)

EpicWin294, Oct 14, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. I want to change my Microsoft Account

Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

I want to change my Microsoft Account

1. I want to change my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - change Microsoft Account

2. i want to change my microsoft account on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to change my microsoft account on my pc: i have a windows 10 pc and can't find out how to change my account or the things i have tried does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-microsoft-account-on-my-pc/5e4c5b6b-a188-4c9b-97d9-c95e12b58b7c
  3. i want to change my microsoft account on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to change my microsoft account on my pc: i have a windows 10 pc and can't find out how to change my account or the things i have tried does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-microsoft-account-on-my-pc/5e4c5b6b-a188-4c9b-97d9-c95e12b58b7c
  4. i want to change my microsoft account on my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I want to change my laptop password with out changing my Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my laptop password with out changing my Microsoft account password: When ever i try to change my device password, it automatically take me to changing Microsoft account password, can anyone help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-laptop-password-with-out/b3c32cc6-9e14-4527-9d71-e8327e63ea4c
  6. Want to change my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to change my account: Hi, I have a @hotmail.co.uk email address which is associated with my windows account. The email address is my 'ham' account and not my primary email address. Up until now I have been sharing my computer with my son so I have made purchases on the Microsoft store for...
  7. I want to change my Microsoft Account linked user account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to change my Microsoft Account linked user account name: I got a new computer and I used a different Microsoft Account name than I wanted, weirdly, there was NO choose name option, I can't seem to change it. What can I do?...
  8. I want to change name of my Microsoft account in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change name of my Microsoft account in windows 10: While creating Microsoft account there was an spelling mistake on my name i want to change that which is already login my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-name-of-my-microsoft-account-in/be2cdd7a-287c-4c04-afbc-3e213eab916f
  9. I want to change Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to change Microsoft account password: My password in my Microsoft account which is connected to windows 10 i want to change password of it my password is to old therefore want to change but i am not able to find option for changing password...
  10. I want to change the primary email attached to my microsoft account, but the one I want to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to change the primary email attached to my microsoft account, but the one I want to...: I have 2 emails. Lets call them Email A and Email B. Each of those emails has its own Microsoft account attached to it. Account A and Account B. I want to keep Account A, but I want Email B to be attached to it. When I try to add an alias on Account A using Email B, it...